Compusa X800 Order from Steve

ereshkigal

Limp Gawd
As most have seen on front page of hardocp, steve at compusa in texas is shipping out X800 XT-PLT cards. Well I just called at 7:41pm EST and ordered one. He had 21 left after I got off the phone with him. Good luck all and I will have my card at lastest Thursday. :D

i had to join just to thank you for reposting this. i probably would have missed it since it was further down the front page. now ill have an xt by the weekend. thanks again and to hardocp for posting it.

Yup, I ordered one too late this afternoon EST, he said it should ship tomorrow. I should have it Thursday or Friday. I hope. ;) I so hope it ships, I upgraded my main rig to a P4 3.2 @3712 in Feb. and there has been no sensible upgrade path from my 9700 Pro untill the X800s became available, almost went with a Pro but decided for 499.00 vs what available Pros are going for I may as well go XT. Can't wait!

Wondering about Nvidia, they have a good lineup but cards seem to be non-existent as of yet.

Yeah I ordered one too (supposed to ship out tomorrow, over night delivery). I'm wondering how these cards were available when obviously there must be A LOT of pre-orders for that card from CompUSA. I wonder why we got to order one direct and the guys that pre-ordered are still waiting.

Anyone got any clues?

Well, as determined by the boxes, these ARE the pre-order X800XT's since they have the t-shirts. Normally ATI only does something like that fro the first ones shipped out. My guess is that either another COMPUSA distribution point is responsible for the pre-orders, or we've been buying the cards that the Mesquite location should've filled all their orders with... :eek: In which case, I'm glad I was able to walk into the store and pick one up from the manager. However, they were NOT on the shelf and you had to ask someone about them...

As of 10am Tuesday morning my credit card has yet to be billed by compusa yet for the vid card from steve. I am going to give till noon my time than start calling. Anyone else been billed yet that have called the compusa in texas?

i just talked to him and hes all out...... :(

Im so pissed right now, cause bestbuy put mine on backorder today and i could have picked one up from the compusa store in mesquite yesterday!! :mad:

hmmyah said:
i just talked to him and hes all out...... :(

Im so pissed right now, cause bestbuy put mine on backorder today and i could have picked one up from the compusa store in mesquite yesterday!! :mad:

Sorry to hear dude. I did my best to get there yesterday morning, verify what the situation was and get back by Kyle's so he could photo and post the info for folks that were interested. You might check back with them and see if they get any more shipments in.

Ah ya i was extremely impressed to see compusa have some many in store. and i actually saw it early yesterday, just thought bestbuy was gonna fill all its preorders..... mes so sad LOL

I guess you could say I just posted to gloat, but I managed to get one yesterday :D

3dmark2001se isn't quite what I expected, around 22500, which is not much different from my 9800pro. But I literally threw this card in last night, so not much tweaking yet.

3dmark2k3 was more like it - 12603 ;) I'll post a link tonight if anyone's interested. My system is basically a 2.4C at 3.5GHz, 512mb RAM, and the X800 XT at 540/580.

How I got one: I put the money down at the store at Park and Central for whenever the card got in (update - just talked to Darius, he said this card is so hot he's not supposed to do that anymore!). I read the headline on HardOCP and frantically called Darius (the hardware guy at the Central store - talk to him if you need anything there, he's very knowledgeable) and he called Steve in Mesquite and managed to save a card for me - all the while taking calls at my job, I work at an IT Helpdesk for Gateway (you should have seen me juggling two headsets in dire panic). I got out there at 8:00pm after work and they literally had one card left.

According to the manager that I talked to (Steve left for the night, this was a big black guy, short beard, very in the know) there were 200 of these "special edition" cards made, and the Mesquite store recieved 180 of them. Why you ask? Yes it's true, it is because they are right across the street from id. This manager said they had the nVidia guys in last week showing the 6800, and Alienware showing their dual video card setup, he even let me play FarCry on a new widescreen 23" LCD (was it HP? I forget . . .) which was beautiful o/c :D Anyways, I drove around the building and didn't see any Ferrari's, but I mentioned the famous yellow Ferrari and this guy knew exactly what I was talking about.

Anyways, just clearing up some rumors for you guys. As far as actual games go (since noone plays benchmarks) they are smooth as a baby's @ss. I played 1280x1024 6xAA 16xAF on City of Heroes and UT2K4 before I went to bed and they were absolutely flawless. I saw detail on CoH I'd never seen before.

A final note on overclocking, my favorite tool (RivaTuner 14.3) couldn't recognize the card, but I did get the latest RadLinker/RadClocker working without a hitch - I just took the card up from 519/560 to 540/580 for the benchmarks - again, not much time - but I'll have to see how far it will go, the card doesn't seem very hot.

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me here - if you're interested in getting one of these "special edition" boxes check on eBay, there was a guy there who bought ten of them for eBay'ing. L8r!

-- long time reader Matt Davis

Ok it is now 1:30 pm EST here and I called Steve around 11:30 EST. He said it should be billed and out before noon. I will give him till 3pm my time if still nothing I will kill the order. How long does it take before even the card gets charged to my cc. Starting to sound like anyone that ordered one for shipment is going to get screwed.

ereshkigal said:
Ok it is now 1:30 pm EST here and I called Steve around 11:30 EST. He said it should be billed and out before noon. I will give him till 3pm my time if still nothing I will kill the order. How long does it take before even the card gets charged to my cc. Starting to sound like anyone that ordered one for shipment is going to get screwed.

Jeeze calm down, I just punched in the order # Steve gave me and my order has shipped. You ordered late on a Monday Afternoon and you are panicking Tuesday AM? Yeesh.

Great info there Kyle, thanks!

Thats funny when I put my order number in I get this
Order Number: WBXXXXX
Date Created: 12/18/2000 1:27:17 PM

ereshkigal said:
Thats funny when I put my order number in I get this
Order Number: WBXXXXX
Date Created: 12/18/2000 1:27:17 PM

My bad, I don't think the phone order #s work with the on-line system, they don't at other sites. I looked at my order number again and it was an old ship date, probably not even one of my orders.

The charge did show up on my CC as an authorization I figure that is agood thing.

I mean I am as anxious as anyone but the guy took like 130 orders yesterday, got to give it some time. I have a pre-order which he said he will cancel and get back to me about.

Steve just called me back, my cc has been charged and my card goes out tonight. Best part is x800 comes in tomorrow and all my water cooling stuff too. Going to be a busy night tomorrow. :D

ereshkigal said:
Steve just called me back, my cc has been charged and my card goes out tonight. Best part is x800 comes in tomorrow and all my water cooling stuff too. Going to be a busy night tomorrow. :D

Just make sure not to spray water all over your brand new card.

ereshkigal said:

Yeah, I got a call too. ;)

Ha, I have an EXOS and new Antec Performance 1 case, I am going with CPU and Northbridge water cooingr to see if I can get my P4 3.2 above its current 3.712 on air cooling with a Zalman. About to a do test run of the cooling stuff and then will swap out into my new case tomorrow. New case, water cooling and XT all in the same week. Sweetness and light, all sweetness and light.

ThisMonsterLives said:
My XT will arrive in the morning :)

Time to sell my X800 Pro :p

ill give you my 9800np and a Logitech joystick :)

ehh? ehh????? i know you are interested :)

Just called the house my card is there along with my koolance stuff, new case, dual layer dvd burner, and antec 500 watt ps. Going to be a fun night tonight, might be sick for work tomorrow :D .

Back