CompUSA out of biz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really sucks. The one here always had good service and a much better hardware selection compared to Best Buy. Circuit City left a few years ago, too.

Hmm...I bought my Zen with a two year warranty a year ago. It holds a $250 value so I wonder if the employees don't care enough so they would "replace" it with a Zune 80? I might have to give it a shot.

Not a real suprise, even after closing half their stores they never really tried to reposition themselves in the marketplace. The problems in their business were never really addressed.

I preferred CompUSA to Best Buy as well. They even had some enthusiast items (the local best buy doesn't even sell IDE cables anymore) Their selection was way better than Stables, Best Buy etc anyways. Thats too bad. I think the CompUSA here has only been in business about 5 years.

This does suck major. CompUSA has a better selection of computer hardware than BB, CC, or any other place I've seen. I guess all my PC shopping will be done online from here on out.:(

CompUSA was about the last "franchise" store that had any real selection of computer hardware. BestBuy and others like them seem to concentrate on consumer electronics in general with the selection in their computer departments getting smaller all the time.I'm surprised someone like Newegg hasn't branched out nationally,unless they decided the demand wasn't great enough to support local franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back