Compusa: I-Inc 28" LCD 1920 x 1200, 16:10 $249

It's a rebadged Hanns 28 which is widely considered to be one of the best value monitors money can buy.

It's a rebadged Hanns 28 which is widely considered to be one of the best value monitors money can buy.

I have the Hanns version & yes its a great monitor, but I dont know if you can call it rebadged since i-inc is also all over the hanns version's box.

The same company makes both of these panels and sells them under I-Inc and HannsG. The I-Inc comes with a one year warranty and the HannsG has a 3 year, and that is the only difference between the two.

Do a forum search for "Hanns G 28" and you'll find multiple threads about the monitor. It's normally $280-300 these days with sales putting it at $250 every couple months or so.

I have the Hanns version, very good for the money. Not exactly exception colors, but I have never been one to buy non-TN panels anyway.

Also, even though the Hanns warranty is 3 yrs vs 1 for the I-Inc, the panel itself has only a 1 year warranty.

Hey how do you know what type of display tech this is? It doesn't mention anything about whether it's TN, IPS, etc ...

Hey how do you know what type of display tech this is? It doesn't mention anything about whether it's TN, IPS, etc ...

Because there have been hundreds of threads about this monitor. It's TN.

If a $250 28" monitor were IPS they'd change the name of the forum to [H]annsforum.

Because there have been hundreds of threads about this monitor. It's TN.

If a $250 28" monitor were IPS they'd change the name of the forum to [H]annsforum.

Ah yes, the obiligatory quarterly $250 Hanns-G 28" hot deal thread. I'd suggest anyone looking to buy this backtrack through older threads to get a sense of how this thing performs.

I've had two of these monitors and they're absolute crap compared to IPS, PVA and a number of other TNs I've used, but to each his own, I guess. The only thing this monitor have going is size, but believe you me, you'll likely be happier with a smaller, higher quality LCD.

Ah yes, the obiligatory quarterly $250 Hanns-G 28" hot deal thread. I'd suggest anyone looking to buy this backtrack through older threads to get a sense of how this thing performs.

I've had two of these monitors and they're absolute crap compared to IPS, PVA and a number of other TNs I've used, but to each his own, I guess. The only thing this monitor have going is size, but believe you me, you'll likely be happier with a smaller, higher quality LCD.

& never has there been a thread on this monitor without someone bashing it saying its not as good as an IPS... Well no fucking shit, It also doesn't cost 600+ for a 28" either..

Bottom line on this monitor is that its a big monitor & its a good monitor for everyday use.. But if your a photoshop nazi then you need a different monitor

I didnt get that monitor because I saw this one and looked 3x better. of course it costed more but I think its worth it.

yes, it's a re-badged Hanns Inc / Hanns-G model.

I own the Hanns-G version and the inverter went out almost a year in. Hanns Inc had a good RMA process and now I've got mine back up and running.
I started a thread here.

& never has there been a thread on this monitor without someone bashing it saying its not as good as an IPS... Well no fucking shit, It also doesn't cost 600+ for a 28" either..

Bottom line on this monitor is that its a big monitor & its a good monitor for everyday use.. But if your a photoshop nazi then you need a different monitor

+1 Amen.

I didnt get that monitor because I saw this one and looked 3x better. of course it costed more but I think its worth it.

16:9. Blech.

:rolleyes: TN has a place. TNs are cheaper, bigger, and have good response times. Hanns G markets this as a gaming monitor, and for that purpose, it excels. You don't buy this thing for perfect color reproduction or for watching movies, you buy this because it's HUGE for the price and because it is 1920x1200.

Games, internet, and office productivity (sans hardcore print-image work) are excellent on such a large screen. TN is fine for those things. I use IPS monitors for my job and my HDTV is an IPS, which is where they're needed. If you're solely gaming or surfing on an IPS, you're wasting your money. Period. BTW, with this screen I can see enemies in BC2 before they see me...

+1 Amen.
:rolleyes: TN has a place. TNs are cheaper, bigger, and have good response times. Hanns G markets this as a gaming monitor, and for that purpose, it excels. You don't buy this thing for perfect color reproduction or for watching movies, you buy this because it's HUGE for the price and because it is 1920x1200.

Games, internet, and office productivity (sans hardcore print-image work) are excellent on such a large screen. I can see enemies in BC2 before they see me...

"... a number of other TNs I've used." Not picking on all TNs, just this one.

& I've used a very large number of TN's & IPS's & in the end I have this monitor sitting on my desk because it was by far the best value for the money..

I'd grab one of these if it wasn't through TigerDirect (aka CompUSA). Oh well.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
what is wrong with tigerdirect?

Bad experience with support, as well as being the only place that double charges me when I buy anything online, then 'refunds' the initial charge later. They say it's standard practice and refused to do anything when I got major fees for spending $1500 on a card that had $1000 avail, since I put a ~$750 purchase on it.

Paid $840 for a pair of GTX 460's ($210 each, $410 for the pair, then doublecharged) and sitting on that charge now until they decide to refund it.

I think i-inc is a rebadged hanns-g monitor. Its practically the same. Same factory makes it for both companies. I have a i-inc right now and its been running good for couple years already :)

Bought two I-Incs and they both had stuck pixels. We use the HannsG versions at work and I haven't seen a single stuck pixel on them.

Starting to wonder if the I-Incs get the reject panels.

Bad experience with support, as well as being the only place that double charges me when I buy anything online, then 'refunds' the initial charge later. They say it's standard practice and refused to do anything when I got major fees for spending $1500 on a card that had $1000 avail, since I put a ~$750 purchase on it.

Paid $840 for a pair of GTX 460's ($210 each, $410 for the pair, then doublecharged) and sitting on that charge now until they decide to refund it.

That's really freaking weird... and sucky :( I bought 1 thing from TD, I think, and that didn't happen to me.

For that price I would spend the extra $100 on a Vizio 32" LCD.
Although I've been very tempted at This one :D

Its only money. I have an xbox collecting dust in the office also so I could actually put it to use too when the fiancee is watching her soaps. LOL:rolleyes:

I bought my Hanns-G around 1 1/2 years back, still performs like a champ. I don't do any photo design or anything that mandates 99% accurate color reproduction. Not to mention I would rather have 28" vs 22" for the same price. To each his own though.

As far as the Hannsg model is concerned I would buy it again in a heartbeat, and I paid around $320 for mine a long time ago.

Btw do you know anyone else who experiences this with them??

No display port and thickish bezels. Not really eyefinity material IMO.

That's never happened to me and I've had plenty of purchases there.

The last few times I needed to call them the CS agent was great to work with.

I think i-inc is a rebadged hanns-g monitor. Its practically the same. Same factory makes it for both companies. I have a i-inc right now and its been running good for couple years already :)

I asked about this in store, and the guy said that this was not the case, and that hanss-g and hannspree monitors were much better. When I asked who made the panel though, he said i-inc.....:rolleyes:

So idk

Back