Compusa, Corsair HX620 101.99

pfunkman

2[H]4U
Just got one tonight, all PSU's where 40% most have inflated "original" prices but the corsair didnt.

YMMV check your local Compusa.

i have the same psu. from what it has been able to do for me, its basically turns poop into gold. Its that good.

Just got one tonight, all PSU's where 40% most have inflated "original" prices but the corsair didnt.

YMMV check your local Compusa.

Too bad both of my local CompUSA stores closed months ago, or else I'd be all over this deal.

We have two CompUSAs in the area that are clearing stuff out, since they are closing. I went and looked at both, but neither had any Corsairs left. They only had Antec, BFG, and CoolerMaster PSUs left. With 40% off, the prices are no better than what you could get online.

Most of the stuff at these CompUSAs is only 20% off the retail price. which is what they probablly sold it for on sale (or even higher.)

I just lost a PSU yesterday, so its time to go hunting again.

The local CompUSA's still have a bit of inventory, so its worth a looksee

Well they didn't have any Corsair models left, but I did find an Antec NeoPower 650 blue and paid $115 after taxes.

Score!

I was in there a day ago, and they seems to have a ton of psu's in there and 2 9500 phenom chips at 299.99 at 40% off.

I just bough a Samsung syncmaster 2232 GW 22" for $270.. they also had the famous 226BW which is the same as the 2232 for 250 but i bough this one because its color are better or something... LCDS are 30% there were some 20-21inchers around $200 and the acer 22" for 210.

A few other good prices I noticed at COMPUSA today.

*Vista Ultimate retail: ~$155
*Canon Rebel XTi kit ~$350
*Nikon D40 kit ~$350

*Canon Rebel XTi kit ~$350

that is a damn nice price. Gonna send some 1 to buy 1 for me since I dont have any Compusa stores near me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371012&Tpk=antec+1000

Got to today for $179.99 at CompUSA. 40% off is pretty damn good any way to look at it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119136

Got that for $265.99

At closeouts there is always something worth getting. Just not everything. Apple is still just 10% off. Not worth it. If you truly know computers there is something to be found. If I can get another $100 together I'll get another Power Supply.. Having one of them in each box would soooo ROCK.

Got this for the wife for $160 not a huge savings but no wait. Its a fantastic case BTW rediculous amount of cable management options.

CompUSA in Spokane, WA is finally dropping down to reasonable prices.
Today in the back bin I found handfuls of 3-packs of LCD screen cleaner wipes (alcohol and ammonia free) for $0.25 and bought a handful of lens cleaner kits for my DSLR for $0.25 a piece, pretty good deals considering those lens cleaner kits sell for like $7-$10 at camera stores and Best Buy.
They also had CompUSA branded 3.5" HD eSATA and USB2.0 enclosures for ~$20, which is cheaper than eBay and other B&M stores, but about on par with Newegg ones, but at least with these you dont have to wait. They also included a PCI eSATA port kit with the enclosure, making it a little better of a deal for desktop users.

The CompUSA in Fairlawn (Akron) Ohio has one Corsair HX620 power supply for $101.99 and a whole shelf of the Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 for $150 ($250 less 40%).

i have the same psu. from what it has been able to do for me, its basically turns poop into gold. Its that good.

ill 2nd the poop to gold statment

amazing psu... its pretty quiet too

my compusa is wiped out... they had a BFG 8800gt for 300 minus 15%.... but when i looked at it it was an open box defective item... they guy at the counter was like get it fixed free through BFG.... no thanks not paying full price for it... if it was like $150 or something for being broken then i would have thought about it.

ill 2nd the poop to gold statment

amazing psu... its pretty quiet too

my compusa is wiped out... they had a BFG 8800gt for 300 minus 15%.... but when i looked at it it was an open box defective item... they guy at the counter was like get it fixed free through BFG.... no thanks not paying full price for it... if it was like $150 or something for being broken then i would have thought about it.

Lol me and my brother went back tonight looking for a hard drive from what we came up with they have a monkey that basically picks the prices for things. Some things are priced great some are just stupid.

They had WD 300GB drives for $279 each on sale :eek::eek:

But they have antec 900's for under $100 now.

off topic... but again hx620 = amazing

is everyone elses compusa selling piles and piles of broken stuff?

Oh yeah, they have huge stacks of broken stuff at my CompUSA. I saw some CPU/mobo combos sitting on a shelf for like $50, insane prices, and was like, I'm buying it, then I did a double-take (after I thought, wait, this is CrapUSA, something isnt right..) and saw that it was defective/return.
Who the hell would buy a mobo or vid card that is labeled as tested and proven to be defective? That just doesnt make sense.
Its a wonder this company is going out of business.
They also have LCD HDTVs for sale as display models with huge smudges of dead pixels (looks like something hit them) for like $1800.

It's liquidation guys. Everything is being sold, even light bulbs, chairs, break room lockers, it's quite sad. And yes I worked there until a month ago... :(

Wanted to get the Corsair 520HX, but at that price, why not?

All that without the hassle and inconveniences of MIR.

ClubIT has the best offer on the net for 111.99 after MIR. Great offer, but CompUSA's deal is at the time unbeatable.

Also picked up some games at 30% off. Initially picked up one - FEAR Gold Edition - then asked my wife if I could get another since they were on sale, and she said, "OK, but let's go!". :D

I should've picked a 3rd! :D:D:D

Corsair's better quality for $100, but the antec isn't BAD. I just got the last one in Pembroke Pines, FL, but they have 2 Antec 1Kw units left.

What most people do not understand, is the margins at CompUSA, BB, Frys or anywhere else is usually about 5-15% on most items. It's not like cloths.

If you buy a laptop for $1999, it has a cost of $1825-1925.
If you buy a leather jacket for $299 it has a cost of $50-$125. Dillards operates on a minimum of 50% markup even on sale items in their clothing departments. So most non-sale items are 200% or more.
Food at restaurants is also different. Food cost is usually about 20-25% of price. So the $10 steak dinner, has a $2 steak, 25 cents worth of mash potatoes, and 25 cents of veggies.

As bad as CompUSA was at some things, you got a lot better deal there than 99% of other retail places.

Darn, they didn't have the Corsair when I was there a few weeks ago. I picked up a Coolermaster 850 watt EMBA model at CompUSA after my brand new Thermaltake Toughpower 750 crapped the bed on me 20 minutes after I plugged it in (had to RMA back to ClubIT). I got a decent price on the Coolermaster at $145. All they had were Antec's, Coolermasters, and some cheap CompUSA brands. I really wanted modular and the top of the line Antec's they had were modular, but I decided to go with the Coolermaster.

CompUSA's pricing is so outragiously marked up normally, that 40% off their prices brings them down to decent internet pricing. I got my PSU for about $5 cheaper than I found it for online, but with shipping and having to wait 4-5 days for it while my box sat there waiting for a PSU, I just went with CompUSA.

I grabbed an antec 650 blue for $107.10. No Corsair's left. I should be fine with this power supply anyway since I don't plan on going with 2 video cards. It's actually the first piece I've purchased for an upcoming build.

Not a bad deal...the egg has it at $139.99.

Back