CompUSA.com bought by TigerDirect

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Well as we knew this was coming

If you are familiar with TigerDirect you will realize that compusa.com is now TigerDirect. All the products sold by TigerDirect and the same interface, specially the Ultra Products speaks for itself.

Oh god... I used to love Tigerdirect, but now that their shipping costs more than the item that I'm buying, there's no way I'm ordering from them in the near future.

TD and CUSA. Now THAT is a match made in heaven. They won't even have to rewrite any of their customer service policies.

Has anyone heard how this affects the B&M stores?

Taken from Systemax's Press Release regarding the CompUSA purchase:

"Under the agreement, Systemax will purchase the CompUSA brand, trademarks and e-commerce business, and as many as 16 CompUSA retail outlets... According to TigerDirect Chief Executive Officer Gilbert Fiorentino, CompUSA.com’s customer base enhances that of TigerDirect.com and the CompUSA retail stores will strengthen the company’s planned retail expansion. TigerDirect currently operates 11 retail stores in Florida, Illinois, North Carolina and Ontario, Canada. Pending required approvals, up to 16 CompUSA stores in Florida, Texas and Puerto Rico will be added during the first quarter of 2008."

One bad company bought by another bad company :D

Pretty much. Tiger Direct tried to screw me on a smaller purchase like 10 years ago. I still refuse to deal with them. Always laugh a little when people bitch about their bad support in forums that always seem to have someone talking about issues with them(although I haven't noticed as many of those as of late). In my case they have lost a good 75 grand if not more in lost business.

I ordered an ultra case from TD in 2005. They were on sale for something like $15 or $20.00 before shipping (which brought them up to around 25-30 as I recall

The one I ordered was pictured with a side window and fan. When it arrived, had the window, but no fan.

After calling a few times, which was a bit of a PITA, they said they'd give me a credit towards another case and pay to ship it and retrieve the case they sent me, refund my money (including shipping) and pay to have it shipped back, or let me keep the case for free and I paid the shipping.

I ultimately decided that $15.00 for a fairly nice case was too good to pass up.

So while they're not perfect, i did feel like i got a great deal as a result of webmaster posting the wrong picture for a case.

I'd buy form them again if the deal was good (after shipping).

Back