CompUSA Closing Clearance Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called my local CUSA and asked about a soundcard.

They have a CL Fatality sc for $148/or $199 for it with the IO panel before the 15% off.

I think I posted this in the last thread but I got the Coolermaster 690 case when it was $72. I didn't feel like paying $15 for shipping and needed it NOW!

I just got back from my local CompUSA in upstate NY and they had 15-30% everything in the store. Although most of the items are 15% (up from 10%) I did notice all power supplies were 25% off. There were a lot of "LAST ONE" items on the floor. Most of their remaining TV's were all floor models. My favorite was the Zenith 50" plasma with 3 3 inch rows of what looked like scratches in the screen. Asking price was $1200. I saw a Gateway 22" LCD for $297 (last one) and the 24" Model for $467. I really liked the 24" screen. I will have to monitor the price drop of this monitor :p.

I was going to buy this controller for $39.99 (not including 15% off) but it was the last one and it was only the controller, no USB receiver.

I bought this for $18.35.

Quite frankly 15% off isn't that great of a deal.

The store here in Georgia had games 15% off as well. I bought the Dark Messiah game. I could of saved a dollar if I just bought it from Steam when it was on sale for 17.95 a week ago. I have the DVD now and it's attached to steam so I can get the updates. The PC games are dwindling down.

All of the Raptor drives were gone but they had some WD 320GB and 500Gb available at 15% off. I was thinking about getting the Sling Box pro for 225 - 25% off but the percentage will have to be less. By then I am sure it will be purchased.

15% of print cartridges. That's a decent deal. 25% will be even better. The books are still at 15% off so I'll wait until they are 50% to pick up one last book.

I am still waiting for the network gear and webcams to drop in price too. It's still at 15% off. So I may check in on Wed to see how things are doing.

Checked my local one in Reno, NV and stuff is still the standard 15% off (most everything). I am going to wait another week or so and see if I can pick up a DVD-RW drive for cheap there. They still had alot of drives, gfx, games, printers, monitors etc there so doesnt seem like much is going fast.

Checked my local one in Reno, NV and stuff is still the standard 15% off (most everything). I am going to wait another week or so and see if I can pick up a DVD-RW drive for cheap there. They still had alot of drives, gfx, games, printers, monitors etc there so doesnt seem like much is going fast.

It is the same way in Nashville, TN. I have been driving over to it a couple times a week and have been disappointed that the sales haven't changed in a while. There is a lot of inventory, and I saw even more being put on the shelves today (mainly network gear).

Once they get to 50% (if it happens), I will be more inclined to buy stuff. Right now, it just isn't a big incentive.

It is the same way in Nashville, TN. I have been driving over to it a couple times a week and have been disappointed that the sales haven't changed in a while. There is a lot of inventory, and I saw even more being put on the shelves today (mainly network gear).

Once they get to 50% (if it happens), I will be more inclined to buy stuff. Right now, it just isn't a big incentive.

Yeah exactly. And I work about 5mins from mine so I plan on taking weekly trips there on lunch to see what is going on. Bought a 34" (why do they make these in such weird increments) SATA cable for $8 after tax, needed it for my rig and didnt feel like ordering it from Monoprice. Hopefully in the next week or two we will see things start dropping hard.:D

My roommate runs a video production company, when the Fairfax, VA store closed, he bought out all of the high-grade RCA & S-VIDEO cables they had run between the TVs and such. When he first went in, he talked to some douche bag sales person who said they wanted like $500 for it; he asked to talk to the manager, the sales guy kind of scoffed. He pointed out to the manager that no consumer would buy 150' runs of cable, she agreed, he walked out with 15-20 runs of 50'-150' cables, for $200. All of it was in good shape, since it really hadn't been messed with, since they installed it.

If you want a good deal and the sales guy is being a douche bag, talk to the manager, especially if it is something weird.

Did you try the one in Franklin?

I had an old 2.4 phone that was screwing up my wireless.

I went to CompUsa and bought a DECT 6.0 Phone w/3 Bases $48.00 after the 40% :D discount. Retail for a set like this is usally about $79.00 BUT......
Its actually a vonage kit but its a regular phone along with a D-link vonage breakout box.

So now im trying to sell the vonage box to a pal at work and trying to recoup like $10-20
Even at $48 I think thats a deal

and so prob ends the posibility of really [H]ot deals....

i went in to the greenville, sc store and there wasnt much to look at. there were a lot of laptops, desktops, macs and computer accessories left but not much beyond that. The did have quite a few corsair psus and some amd phenoms so i'm going to go back and hopefully get a good deal on them as it gets closer to closing time.

Tiger direct JUST 16 South East stores, the rest are still going

I can confirm WED for markdowns, as I got that from someone here in S.F

-Power Testers are $10 now, going to get it even if it stays the same on wed since I should have something more than just the paperclip method

I almost bit the bullet on a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L they have for 87.99. Almost. With tax it would have been comparable to the lowest price online plus shipping.

I checked the revision...1.0. I don't know if there is a newer one, but I'd prefer it if there is. Plus, if the board dies, I'd rather be able to go to Newegg or Mwave rather than go straight to Gigabyte.

Also am seriously considering an XBOX 360 Arcade they had for ~$235.

-Power Testers are $10 now, going to get it even if it stays the same on wed since I should have something more than just the paperclip method

Damn! So much for hoping to get a good deal on a HX620 :mad:

Have you been able to find anyplace that lists which stores they are keeping functional?

I hope the one in Augusta, GA closes out. No need to have this store around.

I think I'll check the one in Westminster, CO to see if there's anything of interest. I lived through the closing of the Henderson, NV store and it was kinda sad. The sales staff didn't know what they could/couldn't negotiate on and so I ended up not buying much in the sale.

Have you been able to find anyplace that lists which stores they are keeping functional?

The press release just said 16stores, + the website.

I was kind of hoping for others around the US, since now we have squat where I am (yeah in Downtown SF)

It was nice that this store is only 3blocks from where I live

I think I'll check the one in Westminster, CO to see if there's anything of interest. I lived through the closing of the Henderson, NV store and it was kinda sad. The sales staff didn't know what they could/couldn't negotiate on and so I ended up not buying much in the sale.

Please let us know if you find anything interesting - there's lots of CO folks on these here boards.

Please let us know if you find anything interesting - there's lots of CO folks on these here boards.

I intended to go last night but got stuck working on a design (I work at Xilinx in Longmont) and didn't get to leave work until well after 6:00p. I should be leaving earlier today and I'll stop by and post my findings.

I went today, and the only difference I saw was that books are now 40% off instead of 30%. I did find out that game guides are not considered books, and their discount is now 30% instead of 15%.

What about monitors? Did they raise the discount today? I was thinking of buying a new monitor but when I stopped in this past Saturday, prices were still too high with the 15% off discount. I was hoping for a drop today.

Umm the East Gate Square one in NJ raised various bs items and "last one" items up 5%

then it's starting to sound like we need to set up a Mile High LANFest or something :D

AcademyGamers.com has a monthly(-ish) free LAN down in CO Springs - it's good stuff. There's one this weekend, check it out!

\on topic: Shame about the one on CO Blvd... is the one in Boulder still open? The manager there was a real PITA when I tried to pricematch Crysis to CC when it first came out, so I'm kinda glad they're getting shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back