Completely Unofficial/Unsanctioned WCG Thread

brycejones

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok at Jon855's request I'm moving the conversation about which team is the correct team to this thread along with some background info.

Background:

When Grid.org shut down many of the team members who were running Grid.org started looking for a replacement project. The logical choice was World Community Grid and several of us chose to shift our production there. At the time there were several different variations of HardOCP for teams. We chose the team that already had the most the points which was HardOCP or team #1411 and most of shifted our efforts to that team.

Since then the team has reason from the high 200's in the standings to 131.

Currently there is no official WCG team. However the largest number of team members and the highest production and ranking is on team #1411. I thought Hitobahadur at one point was checking into getting points combined and the other teams removed, but I guess nothing came of that.

I'm in 1411. Should probably get the team sanctioned by Kyle and end the debate.

I personally think that points in this case does not matter and that the oldest team with the correct spelling [H]ard|OCP and basically that King_N is on this team 613 as well should be the team. My 0.02

Whichever team Kyle says is official is the team I'll be on, in the meantime I'll stick to the team I'm on. Hey as long I'm doing work units ;)

Good luck with Kyle sanctionning a WCG team. I already made a request (and polls) and he bluntly said that the only official team is the F@H one and no other will be ever sanctionned.

He said however that we are free to do whatever unofficially so it's up to your guys to decide which team to use (and by ricochet, see if someone will take care of merging since hitobahadur seems inactive now). For this reason, the first thing to do would be to appoint a active leader then from there, do whatever you want ;)

When our stats page is fixed for WCG, which team is King_N going to use?

I joined team 1411, but I'll switch to whatever team is deemed the 'official' team if and when it is decided.

Also is it just me or has the WCG site been down a lot today?

I personally think that points in this case does not matter and that the oldest team with the correct spelling [H]ard|OCP and basically that King_N is on this team 613 as well should be the team. My 0.02

Whichever team Kyle says is official is the team I'll be on, in the meantime I'll stick to the team I'm on. Hey as long I'm doing work units ;)

Jon -

While you are welcome to stay on whatever team you want to. Please take a look at the stats below:

Statistics HardOCP [H]ard|OCP
Total Run Time 68:139:15:11:15 (#195) 3:272:08:33:24 (#2,525)
Points Generated 36,948,450 (#128) 1,958,584 (#1,765)
Avg.Points Per Day 28,843.44 1,527.76
Current Members 110 3
Retired Members 10 1
Members(All-Time) 120 4
Registered Team Since 11/18/2004 11/17/2004

If the Horde is feeling competitive in WCG then team HardOCP is a much stronger team than [H]ard|OCP.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewCompareTeams.do?teamNames[0].value=HardOCP&teamNames[1].value=[H]ard|OCP&teamNames[2].value=&teamNames[3].value=&teamNames[4].value=&teamNames[5].value=&teamNames[6].value=&teamNames[7].value=

I'll make you and the 2 other active members of [H]ard|OCP a deal. I will move my best box to WCG under your name(s) until the number of points you have today has been reached on team HardOCP. In other words if you have 100k points, I will have my box fold under your name until it has produced 100k points on the consolidated team.

So for the above post the numbers would be:

King: 1,394,181
SmokeRngs: 394,550
vyedmic: 157,905
Jon855: 11,948

Actually, it's easy to change the name... If King_N is the leader of the team with the correct name, he can change it to any other name and hitobahadur will change to the proper name. Then, problem solved !

Are there any plans to have the Hardfolding.com site update WCG stats as well? I noticed the info there is pretty outdated.

Back