Completed: Project Nighthawk: Skunkworks F-117A

CrimsonSky said:
Yeah becaus its SO disk shaped :p

Anyway its completed and delivered!...There are a few details that were not completed in time for the Paris Airshow, like the laser etching for the HUD and some insignia....I'll get to this when its in my hands again for a LAN event soon. The owners of Cableorganizer.com were thrilled with the project and are having fun playing with it. They are some awesome folks at that company, a real role model for the small to medium sized business, and I can't wait to work with them again. Anyway I just got in the door but here is a first pic. I'll put more up later. Thanks to all for following along with the project! :) :)

[oMG]http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/projects/nighthawk/stealth_complete_1.jpg[/oMG]

Now that's sexy. I wish I had the bucks to get myself that TFT-foot but for two screens, and of course the screen! ;)

nighthawk_pics-(33).jpg

nighthawk_pics-(35).jpg

stealth_complete-(65).jpg

stealth_complete-(70).jpg

Paul Holstein approaching take off speeds in a Cessna:
stealth_complete-(78).jpg

nighthawk_pics-(22).jpg

hehehe...From Cessna to Stealth fighter in 2 hours!

Here are some in progress pics that i did not have time to post earlier in the project. I have a bunch more but I need some rest tonight:

Bottom of the case:
nighthawk_finishing-(34).jpg

Fitting the touch screen Monitor:

nighthawk_finishing-(55).jpg

HUD area with opening for Crystal Fontz 635:

nighthawk_finishing-(7).jpg

nighthawk_finishing-(74).jpg

Hmm, Looks good dont get me wrong, your skills are superb as we all know, but IMHO the final project fell short to embrace the theme.

Maybe is what the customer wanted but I'm willing to bet that if you were making it for yourself a sort of different final product would be.
Those flight controls would looked awesome if were attached to the cockpit panel.

Yaik said:
Hmm, Looks good dont get me wrong, your skills are superb as we all know, but IMHO the final project fell short to embrace the theme.

Maybe is what the customer wanted but I'm willing to bet that if you were making it for yourself a sort of different final product would be.
Those flight controls would looked awesome if were attached to the cockpit panel.

Glad it wasnt for you then! ;) I love it---as an artist I'm really happy with the way it came out--I think its dead sexy. Then again, you are looking at a photograph, and not a very big one at that. This kind of stuff has to be seen in person to be appreciated--but thanks for the commentary! :D

Crim, those buttons all over it work correct? :D

Which one turns on the windshield wipers :D <3 heheeh

Qtip42 said:
Crim, those buttons all over it work correct? :D

Which one turns on the windshield wipers :D <3 heheeh

Yah the 6 buttons on the left (with toggle switches below) are connected to the FX sound board I installed on it--6 channels of sound up to 4 minutes long can be recorded directly from a wav file from the PC. Buttons trigger the sounds, or sounds can be triggered through the serial port as well. Right now it has sound FX ripped from teh game "Lock On"--such as "Cleared for takeoff" and "Missle, six o-clock high!" Other switches are for lighting and power/reset obviously :D

Wouldn't a complete cockpit be more approperiate, though? It seems like the client would devote the entire room to this anyway.

iddqd said:
Wouldn't a complete cockpit be more approperiate, though? It seems like the client would devote the entire room to this anyway.

This isn't a case mod, but I worked on something like what you are describing. Is this kind of what you had in mind?

79.jpg

Exactly it. Only with the enclosure and seats and everything. But yeah, you get the idea.

OMG A 635!!!! I now have another reason to love you more crimsonsky! then again I love any one that uses a crystalfontz display and isnt in our area. but that display just automatically makes this mod 100X better in my book.

This is the last pic I'll post, I don't want to post too much in somebody else's worklog. But I thought you might want to see how it looks in the dark as well:

81.jpg

I hate to ask a stoopid question...

How are the screens cabled to the vid card(s).

Three screens and two sli cards as I recall.

just because a mobo has 2 graphics cards doesnt mean it has to be in SLI. he can run each card seperate and use all 4 monitor ports...

Yes....that monitor displays on all three panels through a single port ....it's not like multiple lcd's sitting side by side where you need to connect each one via dvi or vga.....That's what makes those monitors so awesome but they come at an insane price too.....so most of us can't afford one or at least I won't pay what they want for one :p

They start at $2500-$7999 so it's to much for me...lol

http://www.digitaltigers.com/tigervista-powertrio.shtml

Back