Complete SR-2 Build with MM Case, 2x L5640, 12 Gb 7-8-7-20, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axdrenalin

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Nov. 2009
Thanks for all of your interest. The Top Tier Bundle was SOLD - Thread closed!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Last edited:
OMG, I wish I could make this mine. I'd actually drive all the way down there to pick it up.

It's a little sad to see all these SR-2 systems in DC FS/FT. That said, I really hope someone else jumps on this before my willpower gives out. It think it's a huge deal for an assembled, overclocked, stable SR-2 box.

Free bump for you my friend. I wish I had the funds.

edit: BTW, we KNOW who you are, but the rules require your badge ;)

I'd love to pick that up, but the wife would kill me. Hmmmmmm, wonder if I could sell my 980X rig to offset the total cost..................

...... BTW, we KNOW who you are, but the rules require your badge ;)

LOL - Called out by Capreppy (again!) :cool: I got that fixed up for ya there, bud!

Afraid I'm in need of $$$ and won't be interested in any trades, guys. Kind of hit a turning point and I really need to get some things paid down or off so I can continue with the essentials in life, family, etc.

Axdrenalin did a first class job with this build. Someone please give it a good home, I can't sadly.

Just took this screen shot of the desktop on a 6900 WU, which credits for 120k points. Getting about 135-136k PPD total with 6900's or 2686's.

Been a few months since I wrote down my frame times on -bigadv units, but back then I was seeing 12:46 on 2686 units, 13:17 on 2685's and around 17:53 with 2864 units. Based on the image below, my 6900 frame times are about 12:46 or so.

Screen.png

Sexy boxen.... some one pick it up and keep it folding!

Thanks Kendrak, appreciate the props....all PM's replied to!

EDIT: Added a quick two minute video up so that interested people can check out the sound levels from the case fans and such. Keep in mind this is *without* the clear side panel installed, so it'll be a bit quieter when / if you decide to install the panel. I've never even taken the protective wrapping off the clear panel to install it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37JkLmAEH4

Last edited:
Damn good looking SR-2.

Someone give it a new home ASAP.

Damn. Why do all of these SR2s pop up for sale before I get my first paycheck? I start my new job Monday and I plan on adding some more D after a few paychecks roll in.

I really hope somebody jumps on this soon. My willpower is weakening...

Planning a wedding, so alas, if I buy this, I think my fiancee would cancel that. :(
Sweet Box!

Thanks again for all the positive comments and remarks, I really appreciate it. It's a great box and I really do hate to part with it, but I have to ensure peace and harmony in real life too and that means paying the bills. ;) Also, I had to make some modifications to my listing, so please e-mail me if you've got any quesions.

why must you tempt me with things I want!!!

If i want to have any hope of moving into a new apartment within the next 3-4 months, I won't buy this... but its so tempting!

Fantastic Boxen, fantastic price, sadly, too rich for my blood. Really wish it wasn't though :(

If this were 3 months from now I'd probly buy all of it... but I need this tax free combat pay to come in first

What's the power draw on that bad boy? (I know, if I have to ask, I can't afford it...purely curiosity here)

What's the power draw on that bad boy? (I know, if I have to ask, I can't afford it...purely curiosity here)

My kill-a-watt meter shows the power draw at 485 watts running full tilt with a -bigadv.

That is within 20 watts of mine. You must have a few extra fans ;)

Yeah, just a couple... ;) Total of 9 case fans (120mm, 7 LED), the two HSF fans (120mm). There is even one spot in the back left for another 120mm fan that I've not filled. Just out of curiouslity, what PS are you using Kendrak? I'm running that AX1200 and I was thinking it was rated at 90% efficient.

Yeah, just a couple... ;) Total of 9 case fans (120mm, 7 LED), the two HSF fans (120mm). There is even one spot in the back left for another 120mm fan that I've not filled. Just out of curiouslity, what PS are you using Kendrak? I'm running that AX1200 and I was thinking it was rated at 90% efficient.

Good ol' Corsair 750TX

It is a great PSU for a SR-2 system because it has just about all the plugs you need.

Why would anyone not buy that, or you could get an iMac :)
Im even tempted but my roof sprung a leak and its gonna cost me about 2.5 of those in the spring :(

Good ol' Corsair 750TX

It is a great PSU for a SR-2 system because it has just about all the plugs you need.

Yeah, the 750TX PS is one of my favorites. I've got about 6 of those too, and they're really nice power supplies. Probably end up selling some of those too once some of my other hardware gets put up and sold.

Why would anyone not buy that, or you could get an iMac :)
Im even tempted but my roof sprung a leak and its gonna cost me about 2.5 of those in the spring :(

You know, it's staggering what a comparable Mac goes for these days. You would pay about twice the cost of this setup. Not disrespecting Apple or anything, but they would have a lot larger user base if they wouldn't charge so damn much for their hardware. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks again for all the nice comments and remarks guys. All PM's replied to... Looks like I might have a potential buyer for the top tier bundle if someone doesn't grab this entire package before too much longer.

Top Tier bundle / Items Pending sale...awaiting payment.

Congrats to the person getting this. I'm just hoping another SR-2 + dual hexa-core combo comes up soon.

Has this sold yet? I'm interested in entire package. Send me PM if not please.

Has this sold yet? I'm interested in entire package. Send me PM if not please.

Sorry, most of it's gone already. I wasn't getting any real bites on the entire package, but had several people wanting the bundles. I contacted the first person who was interested in the top tier bundle (MB, CPU's, DDR3, HSF's, and PS.), he committed and sent payment, and I just sent off all the boxes today after receiving his payment.

Wish we could have reached this point sooner... :(

No problem dude. It took me a bit to make a decision. My loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back