complete retards to buy a G70!!

BlckRaven

Limp Gawd
Am i the only one who finds this $600 for a vidcard ridiculous ??? serioulsy.

what gaming on pc requires this ??? I have a 6800NU it runs half life 2 fine.

Now before some jump and say unreal 2007, by the time this comes out , there will be better vid cards out.. I just can't stomach the $600 pricetag.

I won't even mention how xbox360 and ps3 which will provide a better gaming experience, better games than most pc games. Nvidia with its crazy prices, has just pushed me into console gaming for good.

Now like most of you, I love my hardware, but to buy a card just for the sake of " my 3dmark05 is bigger than yours is plain retarded. ! "

I look forward to a nice next gen console this xmas, I will use my pc for photoshop, video edits, web browsing.

No entry found for comple.

Did you mean compel?
Suggestions:
compel
compile
comply
compiler
complier
Copple
couple

I must be a retard then, because I have one as soon as it comes off backorder. Although it was a stepup, so I didn't pay $600 exactly. You do mean a GeForce 7800 GTX, right?

How about transparent supersampling at native resolution on a 2405FPW?

It's not like somebody's forcing you to buy one. If you don't want to buy one and would rather do all your gaming on a console, that's your decision. For others, it's worth it to pay that much. It's not like it's wrong to pay $600 for a video card.

Yeah, xbox 360 and PS3 will provide a better gaming experience, for what, like 2 months?? Consoles are great for sports games, and maybe racing, but that's about it, you can't really compare them to PC......

Well the 7800GTX is probably the same card to be used in the Playstation3, and we don't know how to R520 will perform so those cards are the ones going to be used in console, as I look at it we get all the console parts early and we get to do alot of other stuff on them as well but if your strickly a gamer on a budget and don't care about music, video encoding, or other intensive computer task, by all means go buy an Xbox360 or PS3, I mean thier going to probably retail at 400$ at release because I don't think microsoft is going to take a huge loss on thier system like they did last time and PS3 will want to stay competitivly priced, and if your saying thats to high look at whats in the machine, its a total beast, It's rumered it cost Microsoft like 420$ to manufacture the machine, so they still will take a loss, and if its rumered to be so good I hope I can somehow mod it and turn it into a cheap pc if at all possible.

There are those that are still running old GeForce FX and Radeon 7-8000 series cards (and even older) out there that have real trouble running current games. I can't even begin to fathom the crappy performance my old FX5700 Ultra or Ti4200 would give me with games like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, The Sims 2, GTA: San Andreas, Half Life 2, Doom 3 and the like. A 7800GTX would be a great upgrade for people using those kinds of older video cards. You're running a 9800Pro (according to your sig), so spending $600 on a 7800GTX may not be worth it to you. Likewise, I'm running a 6600GT and can always throw in another for SLI for cheap, so getting a 7800GTX is out of my realm right now, but I might be compelled to get one when the prices come down a bit and newer more power hungry games are released.

But there are many people that will say otherwise. A lot of people on the forums here have traded up to a 7800GTX from even an SLI 6800 Ultra setup. The 7800GTX is about on par or even faster and draws a lot less power. If I had the money, I would definitely upgrade. I love my 6600GT as it's no real slouch in current games, but kudos to nVidia for releasing a new video card with more than triple the performance of what I've got.

Is it wrong of me for Buying this system then? I dont Think it is, I am an Enthusiast and work for my money. And Make enough to support my Hobby.

AMD Athlon x2 4800+ = 1000$
Vapochill LS CPU Cooler = 800$
DFI NF4 SLI-DR V2 Mobo = 150$
2GB (2x1GB) Crucial Balistix DDR500 = 520$
2x 36GB 15K-RPM USCSI 320 Fujitsu MAU HDDs = 400$
2x 250GB 7200-RPM SATA II HDDs = 300$
NVidia GeForce 7800GTX 512MB = EST 750$
LSI USCSI320 PCIe Raid Card = 800$
Creative X-Fi PCI sound card = 200$
Plextor 16x DL DVD-RW SATA Drive = 100$
Floppy Drive = 20$
Lian Li PC60 Vapo Ready Case = 200$
PC Power and Cooling 510SLI PSU = 220$
Cables, Fans, Etc = 100$
NEC 19' 8MS LCD = 500$
Approx 6500 USD

my point is I don't see games on pc that makes me require this hardware.

I know some will mention UT2k7 and whatever else is coming, I just find this update every 6 months crazy.

Nvidia put up this price, cuz they know, some are crazy enough to buy it. Yes I do see the new features, but those features are not avail in games, and some can be done through software. now unless u want to play half life 2 at 200fps and brag about it...go ahead. knock yourself out.

Pc gaming to me has lost its charm.

when I see what's coming out on the next gen consoles, there is no need for me to buy more pc hardware, or games for that matter.

1119469399.jpg

1119021404.jpg

when I can get games that look this hot at 1280 4xaa on new consoles. I just can't stomach the $600 price tag

USMC2Hard4U said:
Is it wrong of me for Buying this system then? I dont Think it is, I am an Enthusiast and work for my money. And Make enough to support my Hobby.

AMD Athlon x2 4800+ = 1000$
Vapochill LS CPU Cooler = 800$
DFI NF4 SLI-DR V2 Mobo = 150$
2GB (2x1GB) Crucial Balistix DDR500 = 520$
2x 36GB 15K-RPM USCSI 320 Fujitsu MAU HDDs = 400$
2x 250GB 7200-RPM SATA II HDDs = 300$
NVidia GeForce 7800GTX 512MB = EST 750$
LSI USCSI320 PCIe Raid Card = 800$
Creative X-Fi PCI sound card = 200$
Plextor 16x DL DVD-RW SATA Drive = 100$
Floppy Drive = 20$
Lian Li PC60 Vapo Ready Case = 200$
PC Power and Cooling 510SLI PSU = 220$
Cables, Fans, Etc = 100$
NEC 19' 8MS LCD = 500$
Approx 6500 USD

You cheapo why are you skimping out on the power supply

PCPC 850watt!! :D :p

Does that make you a complete retard to complain about a card that you can't afford? :p

Jasonx82 said:
You cheapo why are you skimping out on the power supply

PCPC 850watt!! :D :p
Wont fit in the case. I would mod but I have to make sure everything is Vapochill Ready :)

Also, I would get a bigger monitor, but instead, i will just get another of the same monitor in the Future. Maybe 2 more if I feel like it.

Dont want to go SLI. I would rather Have SCSI Raid occupying the other slot.

I cant wait for it. I cannot wait.

So am I retarded to buy a G70? no. I am comming from a system that has a 9700 Pro. I want the best their is of course.

for the Approx 6500 USD price tag,

unless you are making some serious cash with that system ie digital content creating, it's not needed. that system is better suited for video editing, 3d rendering. overkill for gaming ..sorry.

for that type of money I say get a decent plasma HD, a next gen console, nice 7.1 setup...a nice couch.

lol

Im not a retard yet.. I havent paid nor received my card yet... Its on order.. :D

BlckRaven said:
my point is I don't see games on pc that makes me require this hardware.

I know some will mention UT2k7 and whatever else is coming, I just find this update every 6 months crazy.

Nvidia put up this price, cuz they know, some are crazy enough to buy it. Yes I do see the new features, but those features are not avail in games, and some can be done through software. now unless u want to play half life 2 at 200fps and brag about it...go ahead. knock yourself out.

Pc gaming to me has lost its charm.

when I see what's coming out on the next gen consoles, there is no need for me to buy more pc hardware, or games for that matter.

<pics deleted for space saving>

when I can get games that look this hot at 1280 4xaa on new consoles. I just can't stomach the $600 price tag
I really doubt those screenshots are from a crt television. Microsoft probably used the best lcd or plasma screen they could afford to demo their new XBox, thus, those screenshots will not be a direct representation of the image quality everyone with "old fashioned" tv's will get. They do look damn nice, though :D .

USMC2Hard4U said:

Don't know if I'd bother with the 4800 over the 4400, especially under phase...haven't seen anything to say the OC results will be any different. Although if you find something that makes ya think it'll do better then coolies.

Ya think the 512MB version will help any on the GTX? Eh if you're paying $600 for one in the first place, might as well get the extra memory for the hell of it.

And I usually get floppys for $5-10.

But otherwise, pretty sweet. Might throw an iRAM on that for the hell of it, I'm sure you can find something to do with it. Or a 2405FPW. Mine should be here on the 2nd. ^_^

BlckRaven said:

unless you are making some serious cash with that system ie digital content creating, it's not needed. that system is better suited for video editing, 3d rendering. overkill for gaming ..sorry.

for that type of money I say get a decent plasma HD, a next gen console, nice 7.1 setup...a nice couch.

lol
It's probably overkill for you, but to some it's an enthusiastsm dream. USMC2Hard4U is making his dream a reality. Please stop flaming on the basis that your opinions don't match everyone else's.

Have we forgotten that Gaming is not about Graphics alone?
Sure Console games will look better but right about now the only thing I am jealous about is that they get Morrowind Oblivion before my PC does. Also the 7800GTX has a good performance to Price ratio, probably the best for any high end system out right now.

1. Show me a console that can do 1600x1200 with 4xAA,8xAF @ 60 FPS+. Even when the PS3 and XBOX360 come out, they will not be able to do that. It wil ltake developers years to start taking advantage of the horsepower available to them.

2a. WTF is up yer bum? Does it not even occur to you that every product released since the dawn of time for the PC has been always called by somebody as either excessive, costly, or overkill? What this truely means is you are getting old. ;) Remember, 640k ought to be good enough for everybody.

2b. This same topic came out when the 6800GT came out. Yeah it beat the pants off the 9800XT...but at the time no game could really take adavantage of it. Weren't people paying $500+ for the 6800GT when it first came out? Now the 6800GT is the defacto standard for todays games. But tommorows games are starting to show that the 6800GT won't cut it.

3. Nobody is making you buy it. Also, if it really wasn't worth it...nobody would buy it.

4. The enthusiasts that do buy help companies like nVidia/ATI to make up cost of the NRE and therefore allow them to start selling the cards for much less. You should be thanking people who buy the GTX @ $600. It is because of them you will eventually be able to buy it for MUCH less.

-tReP

BlckRaven said:

Now before some jump and say unreal 2007, by the time this comes out , there will be better vid cards out.. I just can't stomach the $600 pricetag.

I won't even mention how xbox360 and ps3 which will provide a better gaming experience, better games than most pc games. Nvidia with its crazy prices, has just pushed me into console gaming for good.

Now like most of you, I love my hardware, but to buy a card just for the sake of " my 3dmark05 is bigger than yours is plain retarded. ! "

I look forward to a nice next gen console this xmas, I will use my pc for photoshop, video edits, web browsing.

go away... please.... and pray that Kyle doesn't see this thead

This website is about upgrading your PC and overclocking... not whinning like a girl and making a flame war. You clearly dont' even belong on this website, much less have the right to post on these boards

Hhahahahahah ahahahahaah haahahahaah ahahahahaha aahahahahah

ahahahaha hahahahaha

My name is Mike "Hellloooooo Mike" I have a hardware problem.................

I call it digital Crack

:p

BlckRaven said:

Why cant people understand, not everyone plays at the same setting, or has the same wants, or needs. A 6800NU plays HL2 fine for you? Great. It doesnt for me, and many others. Try playing at 1920x1200 with any sort of eye candy, and I assure you, that you will have a slide show. My heavily overclocked 6800GT couldnt even do 1680x1050 with 2x AA without it dropping to the 20's, and high teens. I dont enjoy low frames, perhaps you do.

You can turn your argument around to yourself. To some, dual 2001FP's is silly. So some people, even a 6800NU is silly. To some people, many of your parts are too highend, and thus silly to spend that much money on. Its all relative.

Quick QUestion, Are Geforce 7800GTX Native PCIe or are they bridge like the 6800U not a biggie just curious.. :p

Some people have the money and are enthusiasts.

It it makes someone happy to spend $10,000 on a PC then what's wrong with that. It keeps the industry going and this is the [H] forum, right??? :rolleyes:

There's nothing [H] about old components. Newest, fastest, best. :D

BlckRaven said:

lol
The Real Killer is. I dont really play Video Games. StarCraft for sure, Counter Strike, I will play Quake 4 when it comes out. Thats really about it.

I only game for about an hour a day if that. This system isnt for gaming. Its for being the Best. I will just use it for general Computing, Chat, Internet, Burn and Archive all My DVDs, and finally rip my entire Music collection. Just a general computer.

I just want to have it.

1. Show me a console that can do 1600x1200 with 4xAA,8xAF @ 60 FPS+. Even when the PS3 and XBOX360 come out, they will not be able to do that. It wil ltake developers years to start taking advantage of the horsepower available to them.

With the embedded DRAM on the Xbox360 it will have 4xAA on at all times. None the less I still say that games are much more important than graphics.

2b. This same topic came out when the 6800GT came out. Yeah it beat the pants off the 9800XT...but at the time no game could really take adavantage of it. Weren't people paying $500+ for the 6800GT when it first came out? Now the 6800GT is the defacto standard for todays games. But tommorows games are starting to show that the 6800GT won't cut it.

What about Far Cry? That was out before the 6800GT and it sure still pushes cards today to their max.

Shmuckety said:
Some people have the money and are enthusiasts.

It it makes someone happy to spend $10,000 on a PC then what's wrong with that. It keeps the industry going and this is the [H] forum, right??? :rolleyes:

There's nothing [H] about old components. Newest, fastest, best. :D
I sweated and still am sweating my ass off in Iraq, Deployed, Being a Marine for a reason. All this money I earned out here, and its going to my computer. <3 my computer. I just wish I could buy a hole for it I could make love to it too!

My post is not meant to offend anyone, if some are offended I do apologize in advance.

I am a gamer, hardware loving whore like most of you. there just comes a point where I must go $600....duuyamm..thats alot to ask of me. sorry , I pass, it's not like the performance jump is that great.

My sig is old, I ended up with a 6800Nu, its just less than $250, to go $600 is a hell of a jump, now i can understand $600 for a nice x2 , but even that needs to come down in price.

My point is...hardware manufacturers charge premium prices...cuz people are buying it.

but seriously, i just don't see a pc game that even scratch what my 6800 can do.

I guess I will wait and see what the new next gen unreal 3 based engines will do, but by that time, new consoles costing $299, giving me similar experience will be out.....lets see... $299 consoles or $600 vid card + mobo, plus x2 cpus, sorry...it just does not make sense.

It's just as absurd as paying $2k for a turbocharger for a car when the speed limit is 65.

It is sad the the top end cards now go for $600 when it used to be about $300. But the companies found people are willing to pay this price so they charge it.

LOL, "Compel retards to buy a G70" would have made a better thread title.

If I had millions of dollars, I would probably buy one right this minute. Would that make me a retard?

Sorry you're not rich. Hope you get over it.

USMC2Hard4U said:
<3 my computer. I just wish I could buy a hole for it I could make love to it too!
I don't know what to make of this.

Do you think people who buy Lamborghini auto's are retards?
It has 4 wheels and gets you from point A to point B just like any other cheap used car.

My point is that people buy what they want and can afford (or can't afford :p ) because they are enthusiasts. Where's the fun in only buying what you need and not what you want?

BlckRaven said:
My post is not meant to offend anyone, if some are offended I do apologize in advance.

I am a gamer, hardware loving whore like most of you. there just comes a point where I must go $600....duuyamm..thats alot to ask of me. sorry , I pass, it's not like the performance jump is that great.

My sig is old, I ended up with a 6800Nu, its just less than $250, to go $600 is a hell of a jump, now i can understand $600 for a nice x2 , but even that needs to come down in price.

My point is...hardware manufacturers charge premium prices...cuz people are buying it.

but seriously, i just don't see a pc game that even scratch what my 6800 can do.

I guess I will wait and see what the new next gen unreal 3 based engines will do, but by that time, new consoles costing $299, giving me similar experience will be out.....lets see... $299 consoles or $600 vid card + mobo, plus x2 cpus, sorry...it just does not make sense.

Oh so your "retards" comment was just out of "pure rage". Get over yourself and understand different people want different things.

go away... please.... and pray that Kyle doesn't see this thead

and what if he does ?? ban me who cares, I have the right to my opinion. and I am simply making a point, last I checked I live in a free country. how crazy it is. with the prices. yes the performance is ok...its just not mindblowing to update. I could understand if this new g70 too my pc to level I have never seen, sorry my friend 500 fps per sec in quak means jack to me...nor your pointless OMG my 3dmrk05 is so cool....

Well i look at it this way. Sure if you have a 6800 the 7800 isnt worth it. But not everyone has a 6800. I have a Good Old 9700Pro. Bought it Brand New March 2003. Am I stupid for wanting the Best?

USMC2Hard4U said:
The Real Killer is. I dont really play Video Games. StarCraft for sure, Counter Strike, I will play Quake 4 when it comes out. Thats really about it.

I only game for about an hour a day if that. This system isnt for gaming. Its for being the Best. I will just use it for general Computing, Chat, Internet, Burn and Archive all My DVDs, and finally rip my entire Music collection. Just a general computer.

I just want to have it.

USMC you are great, that's the true [H]ard attitude
Why don't you cut your X2s down to 4200 and double it for 4 cores?

If I won the lottery, trust me, you'd see my throw my system out my window, order dual 7800gtxs, a fx55, 4 gigs of those corsair ram sticks with teh lights, a lian li case, etc. etc. etc., it's all about the money.

Back