Complaining About Video Game Boob Physics

HardOCP News

[H] News
The author of this article seems pretty upset that Crytek still doesn't know how to do boob physics in its games. I guess no one told her that it doesn't matter because most console gamers have no idea how boobs work in the first place. (*rimshot please*) :D

Yes, most games have never been great at depicting realistic jyggle physics. It's not the best situation, but at this point, many of us are used to that. The breast physics on Ryse, though? I don't even know what is going on there.

Seems like every time she takes a step, they retreat back into her chest...lol. :p

Pretty funny that, first they complain that "women are over-sexualized in video games." Now, it's "these boobies bounce wrong." :rolleyes:

I did not click the link, but I do have a good idea how boob physics work. My wife is a very good sample for me to test.

Honestly, really large breasts don't move nearly as much as they do it most games anyways. They kinda shiver or shudder when the owner of said boobs moves around, but they don't wildly bounce around. Of course, I can't comment on augmented breasts.

Pretty funny that, first they complain that "women are over-sexualized in video games." Now, it's "these boobies bounce wrong." :rolleyes:

People like that are permanent victims of something and that something changes to whatever suits their needs.

Well how do you expect game devs to accuratly code something they have never seen in real life? :D

They should sub it out to iRacing. Kaemmer could come up with "New Boob Physics" in no time. (inside joke)....

Both of those can't be true?

That video is terrible. Maybe its hardware limitations from playing games on two year old hardware =)

I thought Ryse was just a shitty shovelware QTE game made to hype new consoles. I didn't know it was a tutorial on how not to animate breasts.

yeesh, horrible resolution, looked like %50 of the wierd movement i saw was just mpeg motion artifacting.

Having gone through grad school for physics I can say without doubt... there were not many boobs there... lots of theory not much experiment :D

This is another 'uncanny valley' issue. I'm sure they'll get it worked out in due course.

This is another 'uncanny valley' issue. I'm sure they'll get it worked out in due course.

Doesn't something have to look almost real to be an uncanny valley issue? Cuz these look like they are made of Jell-O

For a sexualized female character, she sure has an ugly ass face.

Doesn't something have to look almost real to be an uncanny valley issue? Cuz these look like they are made of Jell-O

Yeah, he must have missed why it's called a 'valley' to begin with. Right now this is still just on the other side of the valley.

People like that are permanent victims of something and that something changes to whatever suits their needs.

Has this person ever complained about sexism/over sexualised female characters though? I flicked through her posts and can't see anything where she's actually complaining about those things.

I'm sure they could of gotten a female admin to walk/jump around. I know the ones at my company would have jumped at the opportunity to help the team!

For all the complaining, can anyone remember more than 10% of what she said?

For all the complaining, can anyone remember more than 10% of what she said?

Wait...
She said something?

Seriously though, I'm also massively disappointed we haven't found a way to make real life boob physics more like video games!

It's a goddess. She's teleporting across the room. One could choose any number of reasons why her breasts don't obey the laws of physics. Maybe being a god means gravity is a question rather than a law. Maybe she likes the way they look with all that bounce. Maybe she likes to tease, and the best way to tease a man is to show cleavage. Bouncy cleavage would be hard not to notice.

Honestly. Does Kotaku really have nothing better to write about?

It's a goddess. She's teleporting across the room. One could choose any number of reasons why her breasts don't obey the laws of physics. Maybe being a god means gravity is a question rather than a law. Maybe she likes the way they look with all that bounce. Maybe she likes to tease, and the best way to tease a man is to show cleavage. Bouncy cleavage would be hard not to notice.

Honestly. Does Kotaku really have nothing better to write about?

I think the point was that it's distracting when devs have a shot at boob physics and fail, better off to just not try boob physics if you're going to fuck it up.

That's how I feel about a lot of stuff games do these days, sometimes I feel they would have been better off not trying than having a half arsed attempt or being too technically limited to pull it off (isn't that part of why Chris Roberts is making SC now instead of a few years ago? He felt hardware had improved enough to capture his vision. Or part of the reason why the LOTR movies were made when they were, because it was felt special effects could finally do it justice).

Back