Compatible NIC

sigmend

[H]ard|Gawd
Short story shorter, I need a 2nd nic for my g5
I don't need dual channel 2Gb Fibre or crap like that.
just 10/100 (or 10/100/1000)
What is compatible with my g5?

OWC NOTE: Will not work in the Power Macintosh G5.
Mac Compatible Models
Power Macintosh® Series 7300, 7500, 7600, 8200, 8500, 8515, 8600, 9500, 9515, 9600
Power Macintosh G3 All-in-one, Blue & White, Desktop, Minitower, Server
Power Mac® G4 (all models except Cube)
Workgroup Server 7350, 8550, 9650
Daystar Genesis and Millennium Series
Mactell XB-Pro
Power Computing PowerCenter, PowerCenter Pro, PowerCurve, PowerTower, PowerTower Pro, PowerWave
UMAX J700, S900

... I dont see G5 in there

make sure you double check usb adapters as last time I was looking I couldn't find any that supported OS X

The pdf that I downloaded had no mention of the G5, but when I checked the support section, it does in fact state g5 support,

hmmm

Originally posted by Oppy
The pdf that I downloaded had no mention of the G5, but when I checked the support section, it does in fact state g5 support,

hmmm
But which G5?

Just like on a PC, most but not all PCI-X and 64-Bit PCI slots are backward compatible to PCI, generally the newer PCI devices that have 2 cuts dividing the PCB connector into 3 portions. Anyways, like I said most are backward compatible, and even some PCI64 devices work in PCI32 slots just leaves part of the connector hanging out but interestingly enough it works fine albeit not as fast. Good luck it'll probably work, I did see alot of Asante in the Made4Mac section but no mention of G5 yet, although I bet it will work.

small world huh :D :D

I would go ahead and try the one of the Asante cards out, if its a no go send it back if it works yaaay

Back