Compatibility of EVGA Hybrid Kit for 1080ti Gaming X

I am a ghost backer, who bought a 1080ti MSI Gaming X more than a year ago, with the understanding that even though it was 2.5 slots I would be able to buy an aftermarket AIO and water cool it in there. The Ghost is max 2 slots (or maybe 2.1) and I bought the MSI since where I live there are very few options (or were at the time).

Now I am not so sure.... is the 10880ti EVGA hybrid kit that you can buy separately at all compatible with the 1080ti MSI Gaming X or is that a lost cause?

I saw the NZXT G12, but it looks like the total thickness (card + bracket + G12 + probably any pump?) is well more than 2 slots?

Anything I am missing?

There's a reason EVGA makes separate versions for their regular and FTW3 cards. The regular one fits their regular 1080Ti's (i.e. FE/reference board layout), and therefore will only be compatible with another manufacturer's card if it retains the reference layout.

I am a ghost backer, who bought a 1080ti MSI Gaming X more than a year ago, with the understanding that even though it was 2.5 slots I would be able to buy an aftermarket AIO and water cool it in there. The Ghost is max 2 slots (or maybe 2.1) and I bought the MSI since where I live there are very few options (or were at the time).

Now I am not so sure.... is the 10880ti EVGA hybrid kit that you can buy separately at all compatible with the 1080ti MSI Gaming X or is that a lost cause?

I saw the NZXT G12, but it looks like the total thickness (card + bracket + G12 + probably any pump?) is well more than 2 slots?

Anything I am missing?
NZXT G12 is 2 slot solution (or little less with some cards) - it's about as simple as you can get for kits like this. I've used a few of the G10 and G12's - One advantage to NZXT is being able to pick from a number of different coolers.
If you look at pic number 5 and 6 of G12 webpage at NZXT it shows a pretty good install pic.

Back