Company To Deliver Weed Via Drone

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I wonder what the FAA will think about this? What if someone shoots down the drone and smokes all of your product?

Trees is a Bay-area startup that combines the novelty of selling box kits with the functionality of California's medical marijuana industry and the enduring gimmick of drone delivery.

One of the only deliveries using drones I see viable.

Light, Expensive, and high in demand (no pun intended)

I think that would increase the incentive for getting one out of the sky. Shooting it down, overwhelming the wireless signal to get it to fall, etc..

Drones as delivery seems like they are looking for a solution without a problem. What happened to people delivering things? They have drones and want to give them purpose. I just don't think they are really needed quite yet.

I think that would increase the incentive for getting one out of the sky. Shooting it down, overwhelming the wireless signal to get it to fall, etc..

Drones as delivery seems like they are looking for a solution without a problem. What happened to people delivering things? They have drones and want to give them purpose. I just don't think they are really needed quite yet.

They have the weed deliveries but if you can increase profits\speed up deliveries by air dropping an ounce for hard to get area's why would you not? Considering the prices of weed in cali and the abundance of easy ways to buy some i'm sure for the majority of people the risk isn't worth it and the few that do try will probably fail.

Well, on the upside, the cartels are hopefully using drones instead of humans these days. The us customs service will probably start requisitioning anti drone lasers from the navy. Walmart will enact anti drone legislation and secretly start jamming amazons drone fleet to protect neighborhoods near its brick and mortar presence, and there will be a new secret arms race. Grab the popcorn.

I just read a story about cartels using mini-subs to transport drugs near the U.S. / Canada border much more effective than drones

Ha, this is one idea that definitely has disastrous potential.

Back