Company Plans Quantum Network Between Boston and Washington D.C.

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
TechCrunch reports that Quantum Xchange made a deal with Zayo to use 800km of existing fiber optic cable for the U.S's first quantum network. The fiber stretches between Boston and Washington D.C, and will use quantum key distribution for secure end-to-end encryption. High profile investors seem to be the initial target market, but Quantum Xchange hopes to expand to other industries.

Organizations with offices in Boston will be able to send secure communications to a partner in D.C., and eventually even further – as the goal is to keep buying up optical fiber that is already in the ground all over the country so that we can provide a secure quantum network that will serve the entire nation," he said. Prisco said it's "critical" to establish a quantum key distribution network as a defensive measure "before the unprecedented power of quantum computers become an offensive weapon."

Well, they gotta use some buzzwords to boost the stock.

Speaking of which we're coming out with Machine-learned AI (maturated 10 picoseconds in European Oak Barrique casks for that extra smooth intelligence) Nano-Quantum Bitcoin next week, get your orders in early!

Edit: Patton187

Last edited:
Fools and their money will soon be parted.

Unless the fools can find a way to quantum entangle themselves with the money.
Yeah, that's the ticket.

Give me a sec, gotta file a quick patent application for quantum financial entanglement.
We'll know what that actually means when the wave function for it collapses.

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me what the Fu*k a "quantum network" is?
Ive heard of quantum computing, but was not aware that data from these computers cannot travel over traditional networks.

They're "Quantum" bits, so you have to entangle them "Quantumly" or traditional networks can't support them? I assume it will cost extra.

Can someone please tell me what the Fu*k a "quantum network" is?
Ive heard of quantum computing, but was not aware that data from these computers cannot travel over traditional networks.
Quite possibly using entanglement. There are a few ways it can be done, basically it's pretty much instantaneous and can be realized at long distances, it only acts constructively or interferes at the exact point in space time required, if they get the tech good enough - it means you can do a lot with little energy input.
This is just the beginning. For the end of the rabbit hole, see the feats of a certain legendary Nikola Tesla.

Quite possibly using entanglement. There are a few ways it can be done, basically it's pretty much instantaneous and can be realized at long distances, it only acts constructively or interferes at the exact point in space time required, if they get the tech good enough - it means you can do a lot with little energy input.
This is just the beginning. For the end of the rabbit hole, see the feats of a certain legendary Nikola Tesla.

You are way off base what you are thinking of is quantum entanglement. That's not useful to data transmission... YET. Never say never.

What this is, is the ability to encrypt data in such a way that if another person or man in the middle tried to interperit the data the properties of the package itself would be altered in such a way as to alert the communicating parties. And it does this in realtime at Megabits per second. That and probably (not sure on this) using quantum computing algorythems to encrypt and decrypt the data as Quantum computers vs modern encryption it is trivial to decrypt.

I GOT IT!

Quantum Bacon!

You ain't seen entanglement until you have tried Quantum Bacon!

I'll be a bazillionaire overnight!

I GOT IT!

Quantum Bacon!

You ain't seen entanglement until you have tried Quantum Bacon!

I'll be a bazillionaire overnight!
M4yb1.jpg

I can see advertising now for all sorts of products. Hotdogsthat are quantum entangled with cheese and bacon.

Ice cream shakes quantum entangled with chocolate chip cookies....

the list is never ending.

Wall Street is big on encrypted information, but quantum encryption won't affect the operation of an exchange.

Quantum bacon flavoured tobacco!
Be the first to send $999.99 for your free authentic virtual stock share! But wait for a small $2,000.00 s/h fee we will send you an additional virtual share at no extra cost! Hurry as this is a time limited offer, operators are standing by; we don't have chairs for them.

"Do you guys just put the word 'quantum' in front of everything?"

– Scott Lang, Ant-Man

Back