Company of Heroes

I'm considering getting it but I'm a bit worried about my current rig not being able to run it particularly well :( Can anyone with experience with the game provide some feedback for this?

It's a very intensive game, but it's also quite scaleable so with older systems you can turn a lot of the eye candy off.

This snipet is from planet company of heroes FAQ for system specs

What are the system specifications? (5 comments)

Such a great looking game requires a powerful engine. Therefore, Company of Heroes is a pretty demanding game .As such, the minimum specs are as follows: Pentium 4 @ 2.0 GHz (or equivalent AMD processor), 512MB of system RAM, and a 64MB DirectX 9.0 compatible video card that supports pixel shader 1.1. You’ll have to refer to the game’s Readme for a full list of supported graphics cards. In addition, the game will also support DirectX 10 when both the proper cards and Windows Vista are released.

However, for the best experience of Company of Heroes, we recommend the following spec: 3.0 GHz CPU, 1GB of system RAM, and an nVidia GeForce 6800 with 256MB of RAM (or equivalent).

The advice above is good, I would only add that I think 2GB of RAM is really needed if you plan on playing at higher res. I play at 1680x1050 and when I had 1GB ram it was really slow loading and the game would often pause to load new areas of a map. With 2GB its MUCH better. Very smooth and now pauses etc.

You shouldn't have much of an issue running it on your current rig. Turn a few of the settings down, but it isn't going to be a struggle (provided you're running at a reasonable resolution)

Runs perfectly smooth at 1680x1050 on medium with an AMD 3500+ and 6600gt with 1gb ram. Or is it on high? I don't think there's much of a difference, but there it is.

Back