Company of Heroes Online is now open to everyone (beta) ! - it is FREE !

Im interested can you kind of explain what the jest of it is?

ITs a persistent world you say? There was a mod a long time ago for COH that was a large "persistent" map that people would battle 1v1 in instanced parts of the map for control of said piece of the map, is this the same?

Absolutely no info on the linked page :(

Im interested can you kind of explain what the jest of it is?

ITs a persistent world you say? There was a mod a long time ago for COH that was a large "persistent" map that people would battle 1v1 in instanced parts of the map for control of said piece of the map, is this the same?

Absolutely no info on the linked page :(

persistence is kind of like that mod.

yes it has single player.

no
no it is not THAT close to THAT mod :)

you have certain units that gain and KEEP experience.
you can bring them from game to game. they are persistent.

your upgrades that you earn thru battles are also persistent.

but each game and map are new with each game.

For some reason I can't seem to find out whether this game is only 1v1 or if you can have team battles. Anyone know?

1v1
2v2
3v3
4v4
just like the original

and campaigns.

if only they could add the capability to jump into a single unit or soldier... FPS style.

black_b[ ]x;1036028618 said:
if only they could add the capability to jump into a single unit or soldier... FPS style.

then it wouldnt be an RTS now would it? lol..

Thanks for the heads up! So is this a sequel? I couldn't tell from watching the accouncement video.

Thanks for the heads up! So is this a sequel? I couldn't tell from watching the accouncement video.

no its the original game with character bonus stuff.. i thought maybe it was an updated texture but really the only new thing i saw was a longer intro to the normandy beach raid and then in the middle of it it switches back to the original video render.. but other then that extra 45 seconds of better looking graphics the games pretty much the same campaign wise..

For real? To be honest, I thought it was an MMO or something with the "Online" tag in the title. If it's the same game, I guess there's not too much incentive for me to play. :(

For real? To be honest, I thought it was an MMO or something with the "Online" tag in the title. If it's the same game, I guess there's not too much incentive for me to play. :(

its still fun and its free.. so im not complaining.. i only played the campaign in the original game.. never played it online before i gave it to my cousin so he could play it..

IIRC, either china or korea is the one who made the CoH Online, not the original CoH maker.

I did not put much hope into those thing, its mainly for asian market.

its already a half online game, why would they even turn it into "CoH Online".

Its exactly like what they did with Counter-Strike into "Counter-Strike Online", they even charge you for using AK... :S

IIRC, they also did it with Battle Field 2 and turn into "Battle Field Online".... LMAO...

IIRC, either china or korea is the one who made the CoH Online, not the original CoH maker.

I did not put much hope into those thing, its mainly for asian market.

its already a half online game, why would they even turn it into "CoH Online".

Its exactly like what they did with Counter-Strike into "Counter-Strike Online", they even charge you for using AK... :S

IIRC, they also did it with Battle Field 2 and turn into "Battle Field Online".... LMAO...

Koreans don't seem to have creative names when it comes to games.. any asian companies for that matter. They seem to add online to everything.

Relic did make Company of Heroes Online, but in China a local company did the distribution.

The version listed here is run by Relic for an 'international audience.'

It is pretty fun, and the matchmaking is getting a lot better; your first few games might be rough, but after that it determines you 'skill level' and you'll find your games matched a lot more appropriately.

Back