Company of Heroes 2

What's the general consensus here on this game, everyone liking it? Popular series? Demanding graphically?

Last edited:
Company of heroes 1 was pretty much a masterpiece for anyone who doesn't like Starcraft or supreme commander types. It had a great competitive mode before tales of valor, heck before opposing fronts. But even with ToV, it was alright, still not as good as before, but there was good competition and a nice community.

CoH2 is shit for competitive purposes. Feels like it's gonna turn into a pay to get ahead(I do t believe it's gonna be a full blown pay to win) type game. I'm looking forward to the single player, but the multiplayer looks like shit for competition. There aren't even leader boards I think.

Company of heroes 1 was pretty much a masterpiece for anyone who doesn't like Starcraft or supreme commander types. It had a great competitive mode before tales of valor, heck before opposing fronts. But even with ToV, it was alright, still not as good as before, but there was good competition and a nice community.

CoH2 is shit for competitive purposes. Feels like it's gonna turn into a pay to get ahead(I do t believe it's gonna be a full blown pay to win) type game. I'm looking forward to the single player, but the multiplayer looks like shit for competition. There aren't even leader boards I think.

So wait you haven't actually played the MP? Do you own the game? I've been playing the MP and doing just fine, and I spent hundreds of hours in COH's MP.

Pay2Win?

What game are you playing?

Any of the DLC is the same abilities that are in the box just arranged differently. They are slightly different and by most accounts, worse than the ones in the box.

To answer the other question, if you like COH, you'll enjoy COH2. It's different but the same.

I've been having a blast with it.

I play COH with a friend against AI. Not really into competative RTS games. So, the disadvantage is, the computer is a little retarded.

Only considering multiplay vs. AI ... is COH2 better?

Company of Heroes 2 is free to play this weekend, and on sale for 66% off ($13.50). I still enjoy this game and play it on a regular basis. The balance is very good at the moment as well - certainly far improved from the open beta last year (for anyone that hasn't played it since then).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/231430/

I play COH with a friend against AI. Not really into competative RTS games. So, the disadvantage is, the computer is a little retarded.

Only considering multiplay vs. AI ... is COH2 better?

This is what I want to know. Also, hows the campaign?

This game is a slap in the face for anyone who supported CoH1. Haven't touched it since I played it a few days after release. Would not recommend anyone waste money on this junk.

This is for multiplayer, no idea about the single player. The graphics were too retarded for me(meh looking, yet demanding)

Personally I would rather play Company of Heroes 1. I bought 2, saw nothing new in it and not much of a gfx improvement. CoH1 has mods so I play it.

Tried it, didn't like it. They had some cool ideas here but it's just meh in the execution of it. It's obvious whomever was in charge of making this came focused more on multiplayer. While I enjoy multiplayer, the multiplayer this time around is obviously geared more towards competitive gamers. More so then the first game you've got to be good at micromanaging units. I don't find this to be enjoyable personally.

Just isn't as good as the first game in a number of ways.

The graphics really aren't a problem IMO. The problem here is the gameplay itself.

No, just no. This game is geared towards competitive gamers, most of the CoH experts agree this game is shit. It isn't as much skill, it's mostly spamming units now. The original CoH is still much better and more of a competitive game.

fucking piece of shit

they ever fix the FOV?

still pissed, I was really looking forward to it and then it sucked donkey balls

I remember a lot of negative reaction towards Dawn of War 2 as well, but at least that was a legitimately good game that tried something different with the genre and had some pretty nice graphics; most of the hate was nostalgia-fueled.

Company of Heroes 2, after 7 years, just feels like an expansion pack to the original game made by a third party studio that didn't really understand what made the first one good.

I'm guessing THQ forced Relic to make this game and they phoned it in. There's no other reason I could see them getting so much wrong, in addition to pushing a ton of paid DLC right off the bat.

No, just no. This game is geared towards competitive gamers, most of the CoH experts agree this game is shit. It isn't as much skill, it's mostly spamming units now. The original CoH is still much better and more of a competitive game.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. Do you own the game? Or just played the free download briefly?

Ive had nothing but a blast playing CoH2 and I mostly just do comp stomps and the Theater of War content which I bought all the DLC's for. The negativity is a little surprising but understandably the first set a high bar. I've got both installed but CoH2 is what I find myself reaching for when I need the COH fix.

And I gotta say theyve been proactive about optimizing balance, to the point they even release video explaining the rationale for balance tweaks.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. Do you own the game? Or just played the free download briefly?

Ive had nothing but a blast playing CoH2 and I mostly just do comp stomps and the Theater of War content which I bought all the DLC's for. The negativity is a little surprising but understandably the first set a high bar. I've got both installed but CoH2 is what I find myself reaching for when I need the COH fix.

And I gotta say theyve been proactive about optimizing balance, to the point they even release video explaining the rationale for balance tweaks.

Yes I fucking own the game, I preordered it. The competitive scene in this game is complete rubbish, they bent over every CoH1 fan and raped them. That's what they did. It's a game that deserves the $5 bargain bin for the modes you mentioned. Single player isn't worth the price tag of this game right now.

I played the first one for years and followed it really closely. I've played with many of the pro's or at least talked to them(the ones who won money in tournaments, aka the ones who are the best at the game) and all but a few agree CoH2 is shit.

Everything I post is about Multiplayer. I don't speak for Comp Stomps or the Campaign.

Edit: Sorry I went off on you, but this is a game I had really high hopes for and it just turned out to be a shitty money grab that ignored the CoH1 fan base.

Sooo, IronCross, tell us how you really feel ??

I bought the DCE at pre-launch and wasn't happy once they started charging for the ToW missions after Case Blue. I also was not happy at the confusion on what the promised 'commanders pass' actually entitled the DCE buyers to. After feeling cheated a bit on these two points, I have been at least somewhat pleased to see continued balance patches issued for the game.

I play exclusively compstomp, and as such I'm immune to many of the hardcore CoH1 vets arguments about the terribly botched up matchmaking that was dealt with early in the games release. If its compstomp you want, I say this game is quite good and doesn't deserve the criticism levied against it by the CoH1 online vets (IronCross appears to be a member of this group).

Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault announced, relives Battle of the Bulge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYU9LAeCv7o

I'm glad to see this game continue to be supported, its still fun as hell, and the MP balance is pretty much perfect these days, lots of improvements since it first released.

Back