Company Heroes, Cannot Connect To All Players

UnlimitedMP

[H]ard|Gawd
?:confused: ?

Multiplayer.
I opened the two udp ports they recommend on both my router and firewall.

No dice. Using Comcast.

Suggestions?

Very common problem/issue that I've seen. COH is VERY finicky!

Which two ports (there was a documented issue at one point that one port specified in some documentation was not the actual port you needed to).

Can you connect to any multiplayer game?

As an FYI,
I had issues when connecting to the Play Now games with more than 2 players. All the other games, I was able to connect. This was rectified when I went from the Linksys WRT54G to a D-Link DGL-4300. Once I did, I was then able to connect to all games. BTW - the D-Link also cut my pings on avg from 9-11ms to 5-7ms!!! (I have Verizon FIOS)

I also happened to try out Mozy Backup and for some reason, with it loaded, I can not connect to any COH multiplayer.

You might want to try a couple of things...
- Make sure you are running barebone apps in the background
- Put your PC in the DMZ
See what happens.

Yes, I can connect to a few games after MUCH searching trial and error.

"
1.4.3 What ports does Relic Online use? (1 comment)

Relic Online uses the following ports:

UDP 6112
UDP 30260

If you're using Windows Firewall, be sure to check out this guide.
A good general guide on how to open ports can be found here. If you use a D-Link router, check out their FAQ. Please be sure to check your router's documentation for a full guide.
"

I have a Netgear wg614 (I believe that is the correct #). The computer is wired directly to router.

So first, you need to make sure if it's the router or your machine - there is a very good chance you will want/need to replace your router (Just my experience).

Put your machine in DMZ and try.
Connect your machine directly to your Internet Connection and try.

If either work, it's your router.

If both don't work, then it's obviously on your machine. I would first try http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm and see what happens. From there, you should hit the COH forums and post Hijack This logs like others have.

Good Luck - it's a great game.

This is happening to a friend of mine. The problem is, there are two CoH players in his apartment and we all game together at times...a lot of the suggestions such as port forwarding aren't an option since CoH won't all you to change ports. Relic has been absolutely useless in helping us troubleshoot the problem so far.

It's hard to say what it was. Me and my 4 friends played, all opening the proper ports. And the game works....and sometimes it doesn't...and sometimes it does!

If it were a specific setting it's probably either setup right and working all the itme, or setup wrong, and shouldn't work at all. So the problem is not likely to be due to settings and that's about all the user can do about it. Only other options is a physical hardware problem somewhere, issues with drivers and firmware, or Relic's multiplayer code. Those are all out of your hands(unless you want to try swapping out hardware at random hoping to get lucky).

Next time I get a chance to get on CoH, I'm going to try turning off my port forwarding and see what effect that has on my ability to join games. I've got some suspicions on what might be causing this, but I'll reserve comment until I've had time to test some ideas out. It'll probably be Saturday before I can do it, though.

It seems that connecting straight to the modem enables me to join about 1/2 of the games (a large improvement).

Would I set the router itself as the DMZ? That's effectively opening all my ports correct? But that's essentially the same as when I connect directly to the modem (no router).

Others use the wireless, so I need the router to be connected.

Would I set the router itself as the DMZ? That's effectively opening all my ports correct? But that's essentially the same as when I connect directly to the modem (no router).

Back