Companies With The Worst Customer Service

I always take lists like this with a grain of salt since it is based on consumer voting ... anything you vote on will be potentially skewed as it tends to attract the people who love or hate something ... people who are satisfied with something rarely go out of their way to vote on these things ... that doesn't mean that there might not be some opportunities for these companies to improve their service but ATT has more than 100 million customers and the people voting them to the top of the survey are about 800 people ;)

I always take lists like this with a grain of salt since it is based on consumer voting ... anything you vote on will be potentially skewed as it tends to attract the people who love or hate something ... people who are satisfied with something rarely go out of their way to vote on these things ... that doesn't mean that there might not be some opportunities for these companies to improve their service but ATT has more than 100 million customers and the people voting them to the top of the survey are about 800 people ;)

Look at the top five on that list. Combined those companies do business with probably close to 90% or possibly even more of American households.

Not exactly earth shattering.

I mean, Circuit City on the list??? They liquidated their last store like 4 or 5 years ago, and their online presence has been melted into Tiger Direct. So unless you're one of maybe 3 people on earth that doesn't know this, and is still waiting for a customer service response, they shouldn't be on anyone's list..........

Not exactly earth shattering.

I mean, Circuit City on the list??? They liquidated their last store like 4 or 5 years ago, and their online presence has been melted into Tiger Direct. So unless you're one of maybe 3 people on earth that doesn't know this, and is still waiting for a customer service response, they shouldn't be on anyone's list..........

Oddly enough, there's still a Circuit City here in Vegas. I think it's closed, but they still have the signage up and everything. Don't know why.

As far as the list. It's pretty spot on. I know a few people who have had run ins with American Airlines and apparently they are an absolute joke. A few days ago a buddy of mine landed in Vegas and found out his luggage was still in Dallas. He was supposed to drive to LA for a meeting, but now had to stay a night. The CSR at the desk was nice but the manager came out and first thing he said was "what do you want, pal?" .. When told about the luggage, his response was "yeah? What do you want us to do about it?". It's customary to comp a hotel room when you inconvenience a customer. When told that, he essentially said " we stopped doing that years ago, tough luck."

Wish he uploaded it to YouTube.

ATT definitely deserves to be on there. If you have ever had to deal with their customer service you understand.

Comcast also deserves to be on there. When you have had their service at two different locations where they had to send "techs" out multiple times to get the connection working somewhat properly, it makes you want to punch them in the junk. However, this is completely location based, as in some places Comcast has really good service.

I am not sure why Walmart is on there... Their customer service dept may be a bit slow, but they don't ever try to hassle you about returning stuff. I would go as far to say that they should scrutinize returns better than they do.

I am also not sure why Dell is on there. Their customer service really is excellent from an IT standpoint. Their online chat is way better than calling in. The account reps are always really helpful as well.

Maybe it is because calling in as an end user can get frustrating since they have you go through every little step to try to get the correct diagnostics before sending out a tech.

Dick's Last Resort is on there. Kinda funny, since they feature intentionally-rude service. They need to step up their game if they're going to compete with AT&T and Comcast :D

I'm glad everything I buy or subscribe to just works. I hardly ever call customer service and for those times I needed to, I was treated well and got my simple problems fixed. AT&T, TWC, Citibank, BestBuy, BoA, and DirecTV all have treated me well.

Facebook's on the list? Why? What do you expect from a "free" service?

You've never seen stories online or on TV about people's accounts being hijacked or banned with no explanation given? Also consider the typical spazing about timeline changes, ads and so forth?

After today, put Directv on there.

Fucking fucks.

hmm, was wondering why there are a lot of Companies there that does not seem to fit (for one Dell, from an enterprise standpoint, we had better support from them than HP), then I checked the site, it seems it's a free for all click to up vote down-vote thing, okay...

bad service at hooters? did people grope the waitresses and got thrown out?

I had the same thought. lol

Oddly enough, there's still a Circuit City here in Vegas. I think it's closed, but they still have the signage up and everything. Don't know why.

As far as the list. It's pretty spot on. I know a few people who have had run ins with American Airlines and apparently they are an absolute joke. A few days ago a buddy of mine landed in Vegas and found out his luggage was still in Dallas. He was supposed to drive to LA for a meeting, but now had to stay a night. The CSR at the desk was nice but the manager came out and first thing he said was "what do you want, pal?" .. When told about the luggage, his response was "yeah? What do you want us to do about it?". It's customary to comp a hotel room when you inconvenience a customer. When told that, he essentially said " we stopped doing that years ago, tough luck."

Wish he uploaded it to YouTube.

I think Tiger Direct reopened a few of the stores and kept them under the Circuit City name.

hmm, was wondering why there are a lot of Companies there that does not seem to fit (for one Dell, from an enterprise standpoint, we had better support from them than HP), then I checked the site, it seems it's a free for all click to up vote down-vote thing, okay...

I was thinking the same about a few, but like you said anyone can click and can also add places. So there doesn't need to be a valid reason just I don't like company X. How many people honestly deal with support for Microsoft? Instead it is the fuck M$ mentality. I am with you when it comes to Dell and HP. I personally have experienced far better support from Dell than HP. Some of the things on the list I can agree with, but I think a lot are people just hating on a company.

Hooters is a pretty easy explanation.

The girls they advertise, are not the ones you will find in your average hooters. Not even close..they advertise 9's and 10's...they hire 2's and 3's. So yea some people might take it a bit personal that what they were expecting and what they got are quite different. But then, if you need to go to hooters for that, you are on a level of sad I can't comprehend. That and their food is utter shit.

Anyhow..

Kinda surprised TWC is on there at 2, honestly I've never had a negative experience with them outside hating their pricing (like everyone elses). So yea I would say grain of salt and all that stuff.

Seems more like a "Which company does the Internets hate the most" poll.

On what planet does Wal-mart have bad customer service? Hell, you can return a half-eaten box of Twinkies there if you want.

The girls they advertise, are not the ones you will find in your average hooters. Not even close..they advertise 9's and 10's...they hire 2's and 3's.

Totally depends where you live. Go to a Hooters in a large college town and it's some nice-ish T+A. If you're a older dude that flashes money around, they hang all over you. Normal Joe Schmo's pretty much get left alone.

That place as been closed forever. They can't rent out the spot since no one wants it. It probably costs to much to take down that big plug thing they used to use. So much empty space in this valley that companies have other spots to set up shop.

That place as been closed forever. They can't rent out the spot since no one wants it. It probably costs to much to take down that big plug thing they used to use. So much empty space in this valley that companies have other spots to set up shop.

Never fails...any time I drive by an area of Vegas I haven't been to before, there is a completely empty new-ish office park there.

Hmmm....
Companies given region monopolies by the government rank among a some of the worst for customer service. Well you can always go to... oh wait their on there too. :eek:

Gotta love the options most of us are stuck with for ISPs :mad:

Totally depends where you live. Go to a Hooters in a large college town and it's some nice-ish T+A. If you're a older dude that flashes money around, they hang all over you. Normal Joe Schmo's pretty much get left alone.

This.

Me and a few of the guys from my old job went over to Hooters after working some OT on a Saturday. Everyone got a coke or whatever soda was on tap, one guy ordered a beer, I was the last to order, and I ordered some seasonal special drink they had on the menu cause I wanted to give it a shot and see what the big deal about it was.

The waitress perked up and acted like I was suddenly the only person in the whole place that mattered. My buddies could have been zombies trying to eat us and it would not have mattered. She even acted all cute and alluring towards me while everyone else got the "standard treatment" and tone.

I have never seen someone try so hard to seduce me for a good tip I was planning on giving her anyway, until she decided I was special over my friends because I ordered the most expensive drink.

LOL @ Dick's Last Resort.

For the unaware, Dick's Last Resort has bad customer server on PURPOSE and that it's supposed to be fun. (If you ask for napkin, they will throw a bundle in your face)

http://www.dickslastresort.com/

Hmmm....
Companies given region monopolies by the government rank among a some of the worst for customer service. Well you can always go to... oh wait their on there too. :eek:

Gotta love the options most of us are stuck with for ISPs :mad:

Support the other smaller ISPs in your area no matter what and that can change.

That is why that Comcast recording ending up getting released this week. A person decided he wanted to give money to the smaller guy instead of the larger guy and tried to cancel. And the result was that hell of trying to cancel and a video going online. A lot of people actually have more choices than they know / admit if they don't start to put a lot of limits on what they consider an ISP. If more of you were like him and decided to support the smaller guy you would have more options.

Back