Companies that didnt send you back the rebate?

ZipZoomFly straight up said they never offered a rebate ($10) on a product that I had already pre-registered online and mailed out. They took the website down after I mailed the thing in and keep saying that they never offered a rebate on the product that I ordered. I won't be buying anything from them again.

Uh, good. I think ZipZoomFly is dead now, actually.

Like the above po0ster said, I won't buy anythign from a rebate deal, if rebate exists, it's a nice add on but i never count it in the cost, which is why I would prefer if a post on slickdeals or here have price shipped then price after ar.

Like so: Memory $60 shipped, 40 AR.

I mailed in the wrong sticker to OCZ and they e-mailed me a notice with a new timeframe to get them the right sticker. I did this and they sent me the rebate on a credit card. Contrary to what others have said there were no usage fees, I applied all 15 dollars to a larger purchase down the road.

My other rebate experience is with Auzentech, and I have read plenty of cases on the web of people complaining about not getting their Auzen rebate. Mine was for 50 dollars and it arrived in cheque form without issues.

First bad rebate experience: Back in early February, I mailed Xigmatek my $20 rebate form for one of their heatsinks. Prior to mailing it I checked everything thrice -- the UPC clipping, correct info on the form, legibility, etc.

It's now almost August, and I've not heard nor seen one thing from them. I know that $20 isn't a whole lot, but seriously? Fuck 'em.

I haven't done too many MIRs. I tend to ignore them and don't consider them. The ones I remember are Logitech for some POS wireless keyboard and Verizon for the Razr (yeah I know, shitty phone I hated it). Both rebates came, though I recall the Logitech one talking forever while the one from Verizon came in about 3-4 weeks.

Havent had any issues since the big rebate meltdown where companies started being obligation to reserve cash to a third party for rebate payouts.

I never do double rebates though. It's too risky

First bad rebate experience: Back in early February, I mailed Xigmatek my $20 rebate form for one of their heatsinks. Prior to mailing it I checked everything thrice -- the UPC clipping, correct info on the form, legibility, etc.

It's now almost August, and I've not heard nor seen one thing from them. I know that $20 isn't a whole lot, but seriously? Fuck 'em.

This.
Newegg Dark Knight, I forgot all about this. I mailed it Jan 28 but I am going to contact them.

I have gotten back ALL rebates I have ever sent in.. Just follow the directions with no deviations & if you must deviate then don't even bother sending it in..

I have sent rebates to numerous companies and the only rebate I haven't gotten back was from Netgear. The best rebate companies for me were Corsair, Antec, MSI and Dlink. I gotten rebates from Logitech, Cooler Master, Kingston, ASUS, OCZ, Thermaltake, Samsung, Intel, Gigabyte, BFG (RIP), XFX and EVGA.

Honestly, rebates are usually pretty legit. I have been doing this stuff dealing with rebates for like 10 years and that is hundreds upon hundreds of rebates. There have only been a few rebates I ever had issues with out of all of those and one of them was kind of my fault. I really havnt had many problems. I have dealt with so many different rebate companies, they usually are on the ball.

I dont know if some people just have bad luck or what. I think what some people fail to realize when they read about people getting screwed over or whatnot by rebate companies is, some people really are stupid and fail to read actual directions on how to submit the rebates. Yes, it is true. Some people just do whatever they want to submitting the rebate and not following the directions and then are somehow shocked that the rebate got denied because they failed to follow the directions.

In the end, I hate rebates. It is such a waste of resources and time to get funds back. And of course these days, everything is a damn debit card which is such a lame idea I cant even begin to discuss. I have tried to stop dealing with rebate deals(are there even still any good after rebate deals left these days anyways?) because of the debit card crap.

Last edited:
I've gotten all of the rebates i've sent out for computer stuff, some of them have taken literally months more than what they said, but i'm in the 'MIR's don't exist' club now, i can't be arsed with them anymore.

eVGA is the only recent company I had a bad experience with (~2 years ago). The claimed I submitted the rebate without a UPC (complete lie).

Good Experiences:
-Corsair (I've done about 5-6 rebates through them and received all back within 3 months)
-Patriot (2 rebates and received them right around 1 month after submitting)
-Logitech (2 rebates - took OVER 6 months, but I received them)

EVGA did the same thing to me about 3 years ago. I look at rebates as a bonus but when I calculate the price of something I don't take rebates into consideration.

XFX just screwed me over on a $30 rebate. That pissed me off because I usually buy their products over other companies. I've sent out dozens of rebates and never had a problem before. They stated that the date on the invoice sheet from Newegg didn't match the date I put down on the rebate form. Next time I will buy from another company, even if it's a few bucks more expensive.

I'm currently in 1-4. I received my $18 rebate from HIS. I have sent in rebates to XFX, Corsair, and Zotac on the same dates as well. It's been over a month and those three companies haven't sent the checks out. I have only received 3 letters from XFX stating that I have claimed the maximum number of rebates.

I purchased 4 video cards from XFX at the same time and they are refusing to give me rebates on 3 of them. Nowhere on their site does it state that it's one claim per household. In fact this is a quote from their rebate FAQ.

Q. I have more than one rebate to submit, can I mail them in the same envelope?
A. No. All rebates must be mailed separately to the specific address and Dept# listed on each rebate form.

I'm currently in 1-4. I received my $18 rebate from HIS. I have sent in rebates to XFX, Corsair, and Zotac on the same dates as well. It's been over a month and those three companies haven't sent the checks out. I have only received 3 letters from XFX stating that I have claimed the maximum number of rebates.

I purchased 4 video cards from XFX at the same time and they are refusing to give me rebates on 3 of them. Nowhere on their site does it state that it's one claim per household. In fact this is a quote from their rebate FAQ.

Did you read the form? It's on the actual form that it will say how many since it varies by rebate.

For example this rebate from xfx is one per household, written in red on #3

Microsoft.

They said I sent the wrong barcode but they didn't bother to attach the incorrect barcode or my original receipt in the return letter. I went back and looked at the packaging and I had cut off the UPC so I don't know what the problem was.

I've done over 100 mail in rebates (keep a spreadsheet that keeps track) and I received every rebate I've ever sent in except a few.

Sunbeam Heatsink (Tuniq or Core Contact) - bought from Newegg, never got rebate, called number on rebate, had all my documentation copied, number was a fax machine. Contacted Newegg, told them teh deal, they gave me a credit for the rebate amount.

Two eVGA cards - Got the checks just fine, but their rebate processor went out of business, so the checks bounced. Oops! Checks were $50 each, so that kind of hurt.

McAfee antivirus - would always get a free-after-rebate upgrade deal when Fry's would have it, and they would always deny it on the basis of something (wrong product you upgraded from, we wanted the cover of the owners manual not the first page, whatever you sent was wrong). All it took was an e-mail pointing out that, yes, your rebate does indeed say it wants the cover of the owners manual of the product I'm upgrading from and they would send the rebate. I'm convinced they just denied every single one figuring only a small percentage would argue. Microsoft Security Essentials has put an end to dealing with FAR anit-virus programs, though.

Zotac never honored their rebate on a GPU.

XFX honored their rebate on a GPU.
Corsair honored their rebate on a PSU.

I've done dozens involving Logitech, Staples, Corsair, OCZ, XFX, Xigmatek, EVGA, Asus, and probably some other random brands. The only MIR that I got screwed over on was $150 on a $750 Viewsonic 15" LCD in 2003.

Two eVGA cards - Got the checks just fine, but their rebate processor went out of business, so the checks bounced. Oops! Checks were $50 each, so that kind of hurt.

Was EVGA not able to figure something out or what? If you still have all the copies, I would expect EVGA to still send you the rebate.

For those of you losing rebates, send the rebate with delivery confirmation. Guarantee they will never "lose" it. Who are they going to mess with - the person who put a 44 cent stamp on it or the person who has proof and could sue them? If they do ever lose it, send them a bogus legal letter reminding them you have proof.

Also, keep a spreadsheet and take photos. Sure it takes time, but if you treat it like working for $20 - 30 for a few minutes - it is worth it.

Rebate companies make money two ways:
1. People being lazy
2. People not reading the directions carefully (see #1)
3. Being able to legally claim a certain percent of "lost" mail

There are only like 2-3 rebate companies nationwide that handle the rebates for all major companies. The rebate companies estimate a percentage of rebates that will need to be paid (say 75%) and they make a deal with the seller. The rebate companies front the money for the rebates. Once the rebate period is over and the valid rebates have been paid out, the seller gives the rebate companies a set amount (say 80%) and the rebate companies pocket the 5% difference.

My uncle bought the rights and was running one of them. It went out of business during the 2008 crash, because the banks froze lending. Based on the above model, that caused him to be unable to pay out any rebates, the customers complained to the clients, the clients dropped him and the business failed. Coincidentally, I had just sent in a rebate with his company. He still owes me $20! :p

In my life, I have not received 3 rebates out of probably 50:
1. Centrum $2 rebate. Bastards
2. Unknown company. I screwed up. They asked for a packing slip - I sent in invoice. They sent me a letter stating this and giving me time to send in the packing slip. Found packing slip, sent it in, never received rebate.
3. HIS $20 Rebate. The rebate company went out of business.

Received: HIS, Corsair x 2, WD, Creative, OCZ x 2, Nikon, etc.
Just sent in several at the same time and received OCZ after a few weeks. Waiting on MSI, XFX, AZZA and ASUS.

I've done over 60 rebates and have been paid on all of them. Two of them gave me problems though. Logitech, who sent me a postcard with an 800 number, told them I have scans of everything and they cleared it up without me sending anything in. Gigabyte, who received the rebate and said everything was OK but just didn't want to pay!

I don't how people screw them up so much.

For those of you losing rebates, send the rebate with delivery confirmation. Guarantee they will never "lose" it. Who are they going to mess with - the person who put a 44 cent stamp on it or the person who has proof and could sue them? If they do ever lose it, send them a bogus legal letter reminding them you have proof.

Delivery confirmation is a waste of money. Never had the problem but in seeing so many people complain it looks like the main problem is following directions. Keep scans or photocopies of the UPC just in case (no need to "bogus" the easy part and pay money instead).

3. HIS $20 Rebate. The rebate company went out of business.

You messed up. HIS owes you the money, not the rebate company.

I don't buy anything based on MIR. If I'm not feeling lazy, I MIGHT send in an MIR if it came with an item I bought, but it's more hassle than it's worth.

Considering that a $25 rebate will end up taking me at least an hour of hassle, it's nowhere near worth what I get paid now.

Back