Comp tries to reboot after waking from screensaver

blink182prj

Weaksauce
This is an odd problem and I'm not sure if it is hardware or software related. When I wake up from my screensaver (any screensaver, not just the one I am using now), the 'Shut Down Windows' dialog pops up with 'Restart' in the drop down menu box. Windows then proceeds to close and open this dialog several times, sometimes closing a program after each time it opens. Eventually it stops popping up the boxes, but if I let it go to screensaver again, the same behavior happens. If I press OK while one of these boxes is open, the computer will reboot and when Windows starts back up, it tells me the something like Win32 Services encountered a problem and had to close at approximately the time of this last automatic opening of the 'Shut Down Windows' dialog. What could be going on?

On a related note, when I try to Hibernate the ccomputer, it shuts down but then reboots all on its own when it finishes powering down. In effect, it is impossible to Hibernate, because it will always start back up right away.

Is something goofy with my power settings or something? I have CnQ enabled, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. My computer is sspyware-free. Any ideas?

Any ideas about this? Ireally don't understaand what is going on. This behavior only occurs sporadically and only when exiting a screensaver.

This might not be what you want to hear, but, try not using a screen saver. Just set your monitor to turn off after a while.

That has been my temporary fix, but I'm afraid there is some sort of deeper problem. Thanks for the reply, though!

Back