Comodo Internet Security

Met-AL

Supreme [H]ardness
Yesterday Avira AntiVirus detected a trojan back door server on my system. I immediately installed Comodo Internet Security for it's firewall so I could see if I had an infection phoning home or something.

In the end, it turned out it was just another Avira false positive. I sent the infected .exe around to my friends and Bit Defender detected it, but AVG, Kaspersky, Comodo, and Trend Micro all said it was clean. /shrugs

Anyways, this Comodo IS is pretty thorough stuff. I was surprised at the level of reporting and prompting you can set this thing to. The Defense+ protection was amazing. Every little step a application goes through is prompted for.

What do you guys think? Have you tried it out?

I use their antivirus and firewall on most of the machines in my house, except mine, where I have NOD32 for AV - so I'm just using the firewall. It seems to do a good job. I disable the Defense+ - I can see how it could be useful, but I feel it prompts a little too much.

I thought the same thing too about Defense+. I was trying to game last night and it was locking up my PC and I was just about to give the whole thing the boot. I did one last Google search on the subject and found out, all you have to do is put Defense+ into Training Mode and run your games and or applications once while in that mode and it will never prompt for those things again.

Once it's all trained up, only the un-expected or new activity will be prompted for.

Comodo with D+ is one of the most comprehensive Firewall and HIPS combos out there. Comodo WITHOUT D+ is well... Average at best. Their AV sucks right now at the moment, I just disable the AV within CIS, but they should get a lot better as time goes on.

Back