Comodo Firewall + DGL 4300 ? No , yes? Help !

pug71

Limp Gawd
Do you think running Comodo firewall is overkill for my network when I have every pc behind my DGL-4300 ? Also I need some way to stealth ports 80,443 . I used GRC and another site and they seem to think its a concern. I run my windows home server also that use those ports.. Any ideas?

So ports 80 and 443 are only forwarded to your home server..not the other PCs. The other PCs..unless you DMZ'd them (always a bad idea), or opened/forwarded other ports to them...by default they are all behind the NAT..nice 'n comfy. You don't need additional inbound protection if already behind NAT.

Now if you feel you want outbound protection..that's up to you, and a 3rd party software firewall is needed. I don't bother with them though, very low risk user here...knows where he goes, doesn't download stuff, PC is quite secured other wise.

Trying to get a grasp on networking so its not a strong point for me right now. I don't think I have the for mentioned ports forwarded only too the Windows home server. Still figuring that out some how. I used shields up and another site that made me worried that I was in trouble with the ports.

Been a bit confusing so far.

Back