Commodore to bring back the C64

It's not time to move on, there is an entire community devoted to retro computing and rightly so.
So it's a waste of time to new users, but it's something that will bring a bit of fun to some folks here who have been with computers since the day they hit the home market.

Many of us have been fortunate to see the development of home computers, the good and bad times..lots cut their teeth on 8 bit systems..back in ye days when 128k was considered damn good, when you counted yourself lucky for having a floppy drive v tapes, and when you have a pc that could produce colour! How things have moved on..but lest we forget this is the real deal folks..the way it became what is is now.

Enjoy, but do not mock!

I think I'll buy one. The barebones seems like its an okay price. ($345)

it's just the case though... no mobo or anything, just the case and keyboard.

Yeah, as neat as it is, that is quite a high price for a small case with a built-in keyboard and no internals.
Paying quite the premium for such a setup, but nostalgia is priceless I guess.

Yeah, as neat as it is, that is quite a high price for a small case with a built-in keyboard and no internals.
Paying quite the premium for such a setup, but nostalgia is priceless I guess.

Nostalgia isn't priceless. It's usually just got a high price ;)

It's not time to move on, there is an entire community devoted to retro computing and rightly so.
So it's a waste of time to new users, but it's something that will bring a bit of fun to some folks here who have been with computers since the day they hit the home market.

Many of us have been fortunate to see the development of home computers, the good and bad times..lots cut their teeth on 8 bit systems..back in ye days when 128k was considered damn good, when you counted yourself lucky for having a floppy drive v tapes, and when you have a pc that could produce colour! How things have moved on..but lest we forget this is the real deal folks..the way it became what is is now.

Enjoy, but do not mock!

QFT :cool:

That being said... This is a lot to pay for a bare bones empty case with integrated keyboard... You could buy a thin itx board and custom something up with just a little effort (like the completely amazing SNES mod I don't have a link for atm)

Wonder why they don't just come out with a cool ass keyboard that looks like a C64? I've got my PC and don't want to build another just for some retro but a cool, mechanical keyboard that looks like the C64 and I'd be first in line.

i still have my old C64 in the basement, i tore it apart and was planning to turn the keyboard into a stand alone system. it never got finished.

Back