Command rate on DS3R

b1gapl

n00b
Does anybody know about the command rate setting, with the DS3R? It's just that I don't know, or I can't find the command rate setting, along with the other settings they provide.

I'm asking about this, because it sets my RAM at 1T, and I think it's limiting my overclock.

You can't on these boards. Its set to 1T? how odd....

What are your system specs?

My system specs are:

E2180 @ 3.2GHz
DS3R
1GB Ballistix DDR2-800
7600GT
TR Ultra-120 Extreme
HIPER 580W

Thanks for replying.

What program are you using to check RAM settings? memset or cpuz?

You can set the command rate in the bios. AFAIK though, most DDR2 ram has a set command rate of 2T. While in the BIOS you have to press CTRL + F1 to unhide and be able to change the voltage and timing options. Then go into the menu MB Intelligent Tweaker section and adjust away.

When I use CPU-Z with my DS3R and Ballistix, Command Rate is grey'd out and doesnt display a value.

You can set the command rate in the bios. AFAIK though, most DDR2 ram has a set command rate of 2T. While in the BIOS you have to press CTRL + F1 to unhide and be able to change the voltage and timing options. Then go into the menu MB Intelligent Tweaker section and adjust away.

Command Rate is not there in MIT, at least not in my BIOS version (F4).

Only 2 possible reasons it would not be there after CTRL + F1. Either the BIOS is hosed or your ram does not support changing the command rate.

What did you mean by "hosed"?

It does support changing the CR. I use to change it, when I had them in an ASUS P5N-E.

The chipset is Intel P35. Intel chipsets like P965, P35 DO NOT SUPPORT 1T command rate. There is no way to choose 1T on any of the Intel boards. Only Nvidia 650/680i chipsets.

Back