Comfortable chair that improves posture?

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Looking for something I can sit in long periods of time (all day basically) that may help with improving posture. Over the years my posture has become terrible.

I'm 5'10" 178. Going to use this for gaming & work as well. Would prefer mesh for cooling reasons & a headreset is highly preferred.

What say you, [H]? You [H] chair experts are the heroes I need in these WFH times!

The Raynor Ergohuman ME7ERG comes to mind. There is also a Steelcase chair that's similar, and cheaper. There is also the Herman Miller Embody. I'd recommend the Aeron, but they don't have head rests. There is an aftermarket head rest for them, but I don't know how good it is and the cost for that is mind blowing.

I've ran that Ergohuman chair for over 5 years at my current job. It has held up really well and I do think it helps posture. Very comfortable and well built.

I've purchased 3 new chairs this year due to working from home. First, I bought one of the most recommended chairs on Reddit, the Hyken mesh chair from Staples (bought it for $130 from Quill.com). It only took me a week to realize it is not good enough for 10 hrs a day. I probably should have returned it, but my wife liked it and we needed more office chairs since we're homeschooling now. I bought this because I'd never had a mesh chair and was worried about my butt getting too hot.

Next, I bought a refurbished Steelcase Leap v2. It is very nice, but my tailbone started to hurt after a month of using it. I bought a U shaped gel cushion pad to reduce the pressure on my tailbone, but it caused too much pressure under my thighs. I'm beyond the return period, and figure we could use another chair, so it'll go in our new addition office/sunroom. The chair I received makes some sounds when tilting, but the build quality is excellent. The armrests are extremely adjustable, almost annoyingly so. I would like a little more resistance before they move.

Finally, I bought an Autonomous ErgoChair 2 and use it primarily. It is quite comfortable and has superior lumbar support over the Leap v2. The assembly is lame because some of the bolts are 5 mm too short due to sloppy manufacturing. Omitting the lock washers makes them useable, or plan on buying some bolts separately. You can tell there is a huge difference in build quality when assembling the ErgoChair 2 vs the Leap. I have my doubts about the ErgoChair 2 durability due to the very cheap build quality. However, I like the headrest and it doesn't hurt my tailbone after 10 hours.

I alternate between the Leap v2 and the ErgoChair 2 now. Although neither are mesh, my butt doesn't get hot in either.

I would have bought a Noble Chair or Secret lab Titan if they had them in stock and could ship it in a reasonable amount of time. Kyle and Dan both really like those chairs.

I'm a big guy, 6'0" and 270 lbs.

Attachments

• chairs.jpg
    chairs.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I use the Herman Miller Embody at the office. I never realized how good it actually was until I sat at my office desk at home all day during COVID. I'm due for replacing my chair so I'll be checking this thread to see what other suggestions come out.

Back