Comcast

Jay88

Weaksauce
Last month I decided to subscribe Comcast at my new apartment partial because the previous tenant had services with Comcast. I figured I could have saved a few bucks by doing a self install with Comcast because the house was already wired for Comcast and all I really needed to do is just plug everything in. Long story short they charged me to send a technician out to replace the defective box and charged me 60 dollars to do so I called to dispute the charges twice and they wouldn't budge though they were wrong I ended up canceling my services with them and magically they offered to waive the 60 dollar charge for the service call if I kept services. I went with RCN the next day but since I canceled they billed me for the 60 dollars is there anything I can do to dispute this charge I find it bullshit that I am liable for there inability to check there equipment.

Last month I decided to subscribe Comcast at my new apartment partial because the previous tenant had services with Comcast. I figured I could have saved a few bucks by doing a self install with Comcast because the house was already wired for Comcast and all I really needed to do is just plug everything in. Long story short they charged me to send a technician out to replace the defective box and charged me 60 dollars to do so I called to dispute the charges twice and they wouldn't budge though they were wrong I ended up canceling my services with them and magically they offered to waive the 60 dollar charge for the service call if I kept services. I went with RCN the next day but since I canceled they billed me for the 60 dollars is there anything I can do to dispute this charge I find it bullshit that I am liable for there inability to check there equipment.

if the problem was on their side E.G. from the street to your apartment complex you shouldn't be liable for it.. honestly i'd just call them, it's possible the charge was just automated. now if it was the hardware you got from the self install kit you're shit out of luck since you could of just taken it to a comcast store and had it replaced for free.

The problem was with the cable box but I couldn't have possibly known the box was defective at the moment. I did contact them twice about the situation first two calls they fought me tooth and nail about the 60 dollar charge until my third call when I canceled service. Funny how they were begging me at that point to remain a customer with them and offered to waive the fee then.

The problem was with the cable box but I couldn't have possibly known the box was defective at the moment. I did contact them twice about the situation first two calls they fought me tooth and nail about the 60 dollar charge until my third call when I canceled service. Funny how they were begging me at that point to remain a customer with them and offered to waive the fee then.

yeah pretty standard from all the providers, the second you say "i'd like to cancel my service" they'll bend over backwards to keep you as a customer.. that's why i've been paying the discount 12 month new customer contract price for my comcast service since 2009, lol. still amazed it works since my only option other than comcast is 1.5mbit dsl from century link that's really only 768/384.

if you had problems with the customer service over the phone try going into the comcast store the people there are usually really nice based on my experience with them in california and here in washington. they can probably just get the charge waived or tell you if you were suppose to receive it at all. worth a shot at least going that route, hopefully you can get it waived though.

yeah pretty standard from all the providers, the second you say "i'd like to cancel my service" they'll bend over backwards to keep you as a customer.. that's why i've been paying the discount 12 month new customer contract price for my comcast service since 2009, lol. still amazed it works since my only option other than comcast is 1.5mbit dsl from century link that's really only 768/384.

if you had problems with the customer service over the phone try going into the comcast store the people there are usually really nice based on my experience with them in california and here in washington. they can probably just get the charge waived or tell you if you were suppose to receive it at all. worth a shot at least going that route, hopefully you can get it waived though.
Another possibility is to write a letter to the CEO. Of course, he won't read it, but someone in his office will and then you will get a letter or call from the "Executive Escalation" department. Those people have real clout.

And, post something on Twitter. A friend had someone from Comcast contact them directly after they posted an issue they were having.

If you do a self install but fail, they are not supposed to charge for a truck roll IIRC. Esp if it was because their hardware was bad. Were you internet only or Internet+TV+whatever? Make a twitter account and tweet @comcastcares or hit up DSLReports. Calling is going to be a freaking crap shoot unless you can find a number for an executive support person (I used to have a # for someone there but they don't work there anymore heh :( )

This is exactly why I always advocate against calling Comcast for residential billing/hardware issues and ALWAYS walk in the door at the local office. You're almost guaranteed a native english speaker with a vested interest in getting your problem solved correctly.

Back