Comcast Voted Worst Company In America

I have comcast and I only got the most basic internet to save money since I live alone temporary for one year. This is my speed:

I"m not complaining and I'm gonna pay 140 a month for my internet and cable combined

Wait, you think that's a good price for that speed and Comcasts horribly compressed "HD" content?! You are aware that they're "speed boost" will make it seem like you have super fast internet for the first 50MB (iirc), and then drop the speed to like a quarter of that. I pay $130/month for FIOS that gives me tons of crystal clear HD channels, showtime, HD/DVR home media box, and THIS internet speed (which is 100% consistent):

Keep in mind I'm using wireless until I can get the wires run through my house, I expect to get quite a bit better speeds then

I don't have too many complaints about my Comcast service - have phone, cable and internet, pay around $150 a month. Speeds are good, rarely lose my internent connection. Could use a bigger download limit, the 250gb a month cap is not enough for the amount of :rolleyes: linux torrents :rolleyes: I download in a month. ;)

I do hate that every year they jack the price way up, you have to call and complain, threaten to cancel, then they upgrade your TV package and give you more channels for a lower price, but only for a year. Then you have to call back and do the same drill all over again. Just charge me a fair price and leave it there, don't make me call and get a new "special deal" every year.

After having comcast TV and internet for the past 5 years, my wife and I canceled the service just last week and opted for verizon fios internet and phone only, no tv. The internet is actually slower, i had 20/5 now i have 15/5 but im not going to miss the 5megs.. its nice to save money without having to pay for stupid cable tv anymore

Switched from Comcast to FIOS and it's been the best thing ever. My connection only went out once and the experience was other worldly. I was watching TV and my phone rang. It was Verizon and they CALLED ME and said "we are experiencing technical difficulties with Internet service it will be repaired shortly." My jaw dropped to the ground. Comcast never called me. I always called them.

Usually after being on hold for an hour and listening to Michael Jackson, Christina Aguilera and Stevie Nicks I would finally get a person. Since this was a regular occurrence, (at least 4 times a year) I became a pro at moving through the queue. I always asked to speak to a level 2 (whether one existed or not) then just answered yes a whole lot until they actually checked my connection only to say we'll have someone check it out tomorrow. The next month the bill would arrive and low and behold my bill went up. Then I would get back on the phone (Michael Jackson, Christina Aguilera and Stevie Nicks) and a hour later I would whine and bitch and then I would get my old rate back. Two months would go by and the process would start all over again.

My wife works for Comcast tech support. She says those are the angriest people on the planet. Like she has to spend twenty minutes out of what should be a five minute conversation just to calm them down. The company is just horrible on every level.

I really have no problem with my internet service, very fast and its only been down once in 4 years. I did have some issues with it a few years back where I could not access Netflix from home for over a month. Of course they claimed there was no issues what-so-ever from their point of view.

Where I do have an issue is their super crappy video quality and their billing games as documented by others. The annual repricing, call get new package, etc and inevitable 6 month price increases have gotten extremely annoying. I'm up to almost $200/month for my package now with 1 DVR and 2 other HD boxes and STILL NO MULTI ROOM DVR.

And if there is a problem? Oh god, good luck. Their service is horrible. I had a problem with the phone service a while ago. My wife waited at home all day for service guy to show up and none ever did. I called customer "service" about it and they said the tech tried to call but couldn't reach anyone so they don't show up. WELL WTF that was the god damn problem. They even had my cell, but apparently they only try the primary contact number.

I would switch to anybody instantly if we had any other option, but we don't. Can't do dish, no FIOS, notta but Comcrap.

I wish Charter was bigger, then they could give Comcrap a run for the poo award. I <3 Verizon FIOS! Supposedly N-Routers will be available in July.

People tend to have strong feelings for things they use regularly. The funny thing is that I talk to DirecTV, ATT Uverse and Dish customers everyday and they are still switching to Comcast. People will jump from company to company look for the best deal. I will admit that Comcast can improve in many areas but worst company is clearly a publicity stunt on behalf of the website.

Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, countless investment firms and mortgage companies defrauded many people just recently. Comcast seems to be more important to them than friends or neighbors loosing their home or job.

Not surprised. Comcast for me sucked ass. Constant service outages, internet speed slow downs and unexplained ping spikes.

im stuck with comcast, and would dump them in a heart beat if i could. i only have two other options where im at, ATT Uverse at almost 60 dollars a month more for a comparable package, or dial up. im at 65 a month right now for 16/1, and a "free basic" tv package. it would actually cost me 70 dollars a month if i dropped the tv.

They're just a cool company to hate, even if someone has never had anything ever go wrong with them.

If you actually use comcast, and you make that statement referring to your own experience, consider yourself lucky (go buy a lotto ticket). I personally do not know ANYONE who has NOT had multiple issues dealing with their comcast service.

im stuck with comcast, and would dump them in a heart beat if i could. i only have two other options where im at, ATT Uverse at almost 60 dollars a month more for a comparable package, or dial up. im at 65 a month right now for 16/1, and a "free basic" tv package. it would actually cost me 70 dollars a month if i dropped the tv.

AT&T U-Verse is infinitely better than comcrap.

Yep ... that was me the last 2 days. Tuesday morning online suddenly no internet. Hour later, it's back, BUT running at the speed (or slower) of dial-up, keeps blinking off. Does this ALL day. Call, wait, wait, wait ... get someone on the phone - a very nice person but a little dense - well it's you're wireless connection. I don't have wireless, wireless doesn't work in this old house.

Oh, well, ummm, IDK maybe they're working on something though I don't see anything here. Let me ping you. I'm like, fine, ping away - there's no internet. He comes back - I couldn't ping you! DUH. Has me go into command prompt and try ipconfig like 5 times - nothing. Fine, unplug modem and router, turn off computer. wait ... plug everything in, turn on computer. No internet, modem is just cycling itself like some mad thing. He says, it's your wireless router. Um, no I already told you I'm not wireless. Then he has me disable my firewall and a/v and try ipconfig again - nothing. Ping - nothing. He tries resetting modem from his end - nothing. Well I did get internet back for maybe 5 minutes, he wanted me to speed test, couldn't get the page to open fully. That's how slow it was running. Then it went out again!

He schedules tech, tech shows up yesterday - 2 techs actually. No equipment, no new modem (as a just in case), one of the techs looks at the connections, shrugs and leaves. The one left farts around and keeps trying to call a relative who's an IT person to try to help him fix whatever's wrong. *dies*
That has got to be the worst customer support experience I've ever seen
Its like they pulled random jobless stranger off the street and sent them to customers as "technicians":eek:

I can say that Comcast Business class is just as bad. The tech support is a little better, but their technicians are the same as the home techs. They showed up at my house and didn't know what a static IP was and brought no modem, because all they had were "home" gateways. Bullshit.

Here's my 50/10 business class line. Upload is always a few MB shy, but DL is over, so it balances out I guess.

Have comcast in downtown houston. It spikes tremendously at night. Believe the hype

I'll take my 12Mbps/896Kbps DSL over a 10 Gbps symmetrical line from Comcast because I can actually use the DSL. As in, it works every morning.

True conversation with Comcast phone tech support:

Me: I already know what the problem is, and it's on your end. I've already isolated everything I can.
CSR: Well if you knew everything you wouldn't be calling here!

I totally flipped out. And those are the true words out of the CSR's mouth... I even had a friend 3-way'd just so he could see what dealing with them was like over here. I normally don't curse at CSRs, but I had to.

yes, I concur they are even worse that madoff's company... and they know they are so horrible they changed their name to xfinity...sort of like entering the witness protection program and starting new again.. :rolleyes:

I had been a Comcast internet customer for 7 years.. one month a telesales dork asks me to upgrade to "extreme gamer service" 12M down, 3M up for $15 extra a month.. So I thought why not... The very next month Comcast security calls me and says I'm using too much bandwidth..no numbers.. just that I'm using too much bandwith over and over.. i said no **** sherlock.. I pay $15/mo extra for it

3 weeks later BAN

I have Comcast and hate their damn prices! These assholes charge $50 for basic cable. I have the digital with HD package and it blows. Their digital quality is the same as the non-digital except that you get pixelation and sometimes no reception in digital. The HD looks ok but 50% of the time the show I want to watch doesn't come through. The only thing I like is the internet. Hardly goes down and is very fast. I wish we had FIOS.

What I don't understand is how people that live in FIOS areas stick with Comcast.

My hatred for Comcast is extraordinary. It works great until you have a problem, then you have to deal with tech support. If i had a nickel for every time i was hung up on, or endlessly transfered to another support to then be hung up on again, I'd be able to pay for my overpriced Internet. Ever since we got rid of the T.V package, Comcast REFUSES to even service our home when we have problems. Last time i had to call them to fix box outside due to weather damage i used up all my phones prepaid minutes on tech support.

First time Comcast won anything,and they richly deserve it. Their customer service is hands down the worst in the industry. My time as a subscriber was an absolute nightmare,their "service technicians" are so inept that the Three Stooges could do a better job.

Only good thing about Comcast is that you can call them up when they raise your rates from the "promotional" ones and get it knocked back down. Speedtest shows my speeds at about 25 Mbps/3 Mbps and I only pay $29.99 for the next year. :cool:

However, lately my upload speeds have been complete shit, has anyone else had this issue? Not only on things like torrents, but when I was trying to Skype with someone it was saying I had a "bad" internet connection and my video send quality was "low". Never had an issue like this before, but lately it seems like I can't get more than 10-20 kb/s upload going, whereas in the past I've gotten at least 150 kb/s.

Both myself and one of my coworkers have BOTH had very, ahem, passionate conversations with the folks providing Satellite Radio (in my case XM, in with Sirius) in the last four months. I know of NO ONE who has ever called for support that has been satisfied, out of a few dozen people (and yes, that means it's still anecdotal, but still). Yeah, the product is incredible, but the cost is high for the product (because of the freaking RIAA... I >DON'T LISTEN TO THE MUSIC< I like XM151, 149, Sports Talk, POTUS, etc., but I've got to pay for music I don't listen to... GRR... FURIAA!... grrrr....grrrr.... oh, back on track, yeah the product is great, but prices are very high, and the customer services is best described as hostile, non-customer friendly and non-servicing.

I'm sorry, but Comcast, unless they kill puppies as part of powering the Internet, cannot compete with Sirius/XM as a bad company.

Both myself and one of my coworkers have BOTH had very, ahem, passionate conversations with the folks providing Satellite Radio (in my case XM, in with Sirius) in the last four months. I know of NO ONE who has ever called for support that has been satisfied, out of a few dozen people (and yes, that means it's still anecdotal, but still). Yeah, the product is incredible, but the cost is high for the product (because of the freaking RIAA... I >DON'T LISTEN TO THE MUSIC< I like XM151, 149, Sports Talk, POTUS, etc., but I've got to pay for music I don't listen to... GRR... FURIAA!... grrrr....grrrr.... oh, back on track, yeah the product is great, but prices are very high, and the customer services is best described as hostile, non-customer friendly and non-servicing.

I'm sorry, but Comcast, unless they kill puppies as part of powering the Internet, cannot compete with Sirius/XM as a bad company.

They don't KILL them, just work 'em over on a daily basis...

In all honesty though, comcast really isn't that bad. I'm supposed to be getting 16 megabits down but in a speedtest I get about 23 megabits down and 4.5 megabits up. Plus realtime dl speeds are a bit over 2 megabytes per second, so maybe Comcast isn't that bad in my area.

The end of the line for me with Comcast was when I was paying for the top package had all the movie channels and what not and the fastest internet and was playing around $200 a month and one day I had some issue where I couldn't get ESPN anymore so I call up tech support and after a 4 hour go around the manager go on the phone accused me a stealing cable and hung up on me. The next day I proceeded to take all my Comcast equipment to the local office and wait for 8 hours for a manager that never showed up, did the same thing the next day... still no manager to see me so I told them a big FU and walked out.

After having DirecTV for ~5 years then Dish Network for ~8 years, I switched back to cable with Comcast. Our local cable provider had changed hands around 6-7 times since I had switched to satellite. I must say, Comcast, at least in my area, is fine. The tech support (they sent installers to the house while I was at work) were a bunch of toolbags, but once I fixed everything they boofed up, it's been fine since. Cheaper than satellite, more channels, same basic picture quality. meh.

I wish Charter was bigger, then they could give Comcrap a run for the poo award. I <3 Verizon FIOS! Supposedly N-Routers will be available in July.

Comcast is a saint compared to Charter Communications!

Comcast and Qwest are unfortunately the only choices that you can pick between where my home is at. Both of them strictly enforces the same limit (250GB), shitty customer service, shitty connection, etc all. Currently I'm at school so I'm on Qwest because there isn't an alternative to where I'm staying at. So I pay 50 a month for 3mbit down. It's like two retards that were mixed up at birth and went to form their own ISP's with the same concept in mind.

I dunno.. I don't ever watch tv, but my Comcast cable internet connection is pretty freakin' fast.

speedtest.net pretty much always shows me sitting around 32Mbps down and 2.37Mbps up. I've got the ~$45 package.

My speeds are pretty fast too. It's the reliability that's a problem. It's fine for a month or so, then I'll have an entire week where my internet dies for 4-5 hours per day (usually at the exact time I want to use it of course).

That being said, my only other option here is Qwest DSL, which is even more unreliable and slower (and worse latencies) to boot. Local monopolies suck.

After having DirecTV for ~5 years then Dish Network for ~8 years, I switched back to cable with Comcast. Our local cable provider had changed hands around 6-7 times since I had switched to satellite. I must say, Comcast, at least in my area, is fine. The tech support (they sent installers to the house while I was at work) were a bunch of toolbags, but once I fixed everything they boofed up, it's been fine since. Cheaper than satellite, more channels, same basic picture quality. meh.

If you think Comcast HD quality is same as Dish or DirecTV, you have the worlds worst TV or you are blind. I couldn't believe the bit-starved, pixellating, macroblocking picture that Comcast has the balls to call HD.

s[H]aqFU;1035657020 said:
they do suck, but my only other option is at&t dsl, no thanks to that either....
screw em all... the leaching bastards!!!:mad:

In my area (NE Wisconsin) it's actually pretty decent. Here our 2 choices are pretty much Time warner cable and at&t. At the end of last summer we switched to at&t and I've found it to be much much better than the roadrunner BS.

Back