Comcast Upgrades Speeds for Xfinity Internet

Sorry, didn't link correctly on previous post.

2660941075.png

Eh .. depends how their business setup is. I talked to Cox business and they wanted $750/mo for the line I have at my residence. Same line, just commercial.

i pay like 60 bucks for business class for my home, 22MB. now i get 39MB

As for "data caps":

Can we get a show of hands as to who has the ISP software installed and who doesn't?

I really would like to know if this software has anything to do with who gets notices on usage.

With Comcast there isn't any software to install, you just look it up on your account page and it shows a little bar graph of your connected modems with the usage in GB. Since the notifications were sent out almost a year ago about the cap being suspended, I haven't received any notifications despite receiving two previously and going well past the cap. Even having my bill due didn't cause a reaction from them until two months later.

Paying for 30, getting 50.

I got a nice boost on my speed (~35 down to around 55 down now). Frankly, though, as much as they've been jacking up prices and screwing me on discounts, it's the very least they can do.

Thinking about moving down to non-Blast! since they upped those speeds as well. I don't really need 55 Mbps, never really get downloads that fast anyway other than useless Speedtest numbers.

I got a nice boost on my speed (~35 down to around 55 down now). Frankly, though, as much as they've been jacking up prices and screwing me on discounts, it's the very least they can do.

Thinking about moving down to non-Blast! since they upped those speeds as well. I don't really need 55 Mbps, never really get downloads that fast anyway other than useless Speedtest numbers.

I'll bet the ping shoots up to 60ms one jump past your wan gateway.

For those in California and are getting these 50/10 speeds what are you paying monthly. I have fiber, 25/25 and no caps, but also no customer service issues.

Yeah I got that bullshit email a week or two ago telling me to reboot modem for "up to a 30% increase in speeds."

BULLSHIT - I rebooted to a locked 22 down when I was getting 25 before. It's clearly their damn line as any test pegs at 22 immediately. Yes I have the right modem.

Even chatted with Comcast who admitted I should have 25 and then promptly warned me I would be on the hook for any callout charge that clearly wasn't their equipment.

Shit, I know how that game will go, " sorry sir, 22mb is within spec so that will be one bend-over-and-grab-your-ankles please."

Even tried posting in Comcast direct form on dslreports and got ignored.

Love these bastards.

I am paying for 12/2 speeds...I can't complain for just $37 a month. :p

With Comcast there isn't any software to install, you just look it up on your account page and it shows a little bar graph of your connected modems with the usage in GB. Since the notifications were sent out almost a year ago about the cap being suspended, I haven't received any notifications despite receiving two previously and going well past the cap. Even having my bill due didn't cause a reaction from them until two months later.

I know that software isn't required for it to work. But, it is installed for new accounts (not every single time though). It's not required for modem swaps.

I am paying for 12/2 speeds...I can't complain for just $37 a month. :p

Don't get too excited. Unless you verified those speeds from a large file transfer Comcast is still hyper inflated the numbers with Powerboost that they claim is now disabled with this speed boost for all tiers. My upload has long since gone when it happened but my download is a solid 22Mbps but boosts to 25-30Mbps to fools SpeedTest.net

Don't get too excited. Unless you verified those speeds from a large file transfer Comcast is still hyper inflated the numbers with Powerboost that they claim is now disabled with this speed boost for all tiers. My upload has long since gone when it happened but my download is a solid 22Mbps but boosts to 25-30Mbps to fools SpeedTest.net

Powerboost was eliminated in the upgrade. Test it with ShaperProbe if you don't believe it. http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~partha/diffprobe/shaperprobe.html

Here's what I'm getting:

2661206141.png

As I said, though, I never see speeds even close to that. Still maxes out at about 3 Mbps or so.

Performance is supposed to be 25/5, if it's 22/4 then you probably haven't been upgraded yet. They'll send an email when they are done. It is gone for Blast and Extreme however.

If they're going to go through all the effort to do all this...they really aught to double the speed for any DOCSIS3 modem...across the board, regardless. It wouldn't have to mean losing any "tier". I'm sure it would be easier logistically.

i have the usage tools available to me. i average around 50-75gb/mo, the lightest usage is around 38-42gb and i have exceeded the 250gb cap once about a year and a half ago. never received any notifications or anything about going over.

also, i have no comcast software installed.

And yet still there are bandwidth caps. Even Time Warner doesn't have any caps for now , I would rather have that then a speed bump..

Yup. Taking a cap off a pen - when you bought the pen in its entirety to begin with - is far from good service. Fuck this. I know most people are going to be brainwashed into thinking this makes them a good service provider, it's funny how marketing works :rolleyes:

Mine didn't double, but they're faster. I do have a DOSIS 3.0 Compliant modem and gigabit network.

Upload: 36 > 55
Download 6 > 11
ping: 14 > 13

Somewhat depressing that the business connections are always behind on the upgrades. I'm still at 27/7.

But no caps. And by no caps I don't mean like on the residential connections where they send notices to the heavy users anyway unless you live in the sticks, but actually no caps. On residential, I got my notice back in 2008 before they ever had official caps in the first place.

Several weeks back I noticed an increase in my Business speed. I was consistently seeing around 2.8 MB/s down and now I'm getting between 3.5 and 4.4 MB/s down. I don't recall what plan I'm on. I'm thinking it was 25 mbps down though.

Mine didn't double, but they're faster. I do have a DOSIS 3.0 Compliant modem and gigabit network.

Upload: 36 > 55
Download 6 > 11
ping: 14 > 13

First i ever saw a connection with upload ~5x times greater than download :eek:

Ironic, I just left Comcast over a week ago (after being with them for about a decade). I now have Verizon FiOS, the 75/35 service. Download speeds have never dropped below 81 Mbps however. Upload speed has been consistently over 35. One day on a weekend I was getting a consistent 90 Mbps down. Freakin' insane. I can't even imagine what Google Fiber is like. Or even my friend's FiOS service with 150 Mbps down.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2662803413.png

That's at 3pm on a Monday (04/22/2013).

Comcast hasn't enforced their caps for almost a year(they're open about the caps being suspended.) I've been going over 1TB/month without any notices for at least 6 months.

Not true, at least in my area. A coworker has been hit with an overage charge every month for the last 6 months due to ~21/7 netflix streaming.

My speed (blast) went from 23mbps to 55, I also had to upgrade my router though.

That is the main thing affecting people, the modem and/or router.

You NEED a 3.0 modem but also a newer router (I was on an old linkskys WRT54G router and I was stuck on 22-3mbps, I got a newer router and bam, 55mbps as soon as I hooked it up.

You can "test" this (if you're using a router), just unplug your cable modem from it and go directly into your PC, if your speeds shoot way up, then it's your router holding you back and it's probably time to upgrade that.

Not true, at least in my area. A coworker has been hit with an overage charge every month for the last 6 months due to ~21/7 netflix streaming.

That's weird, comcast has came out roughly a year ago when they suspended the Data caps and said it would no longer be enforced.

Supposedly they were going to raise the cap, but it's been a year and I haven't read/heard anything about it since then.

i went from 25 to 35, but for about the first 1/4 of the test, im at 60mb/s before it drops right off.

its too bad my upload still sucks. it went from 5 to 5.5

I just got done dealing with an issue with my modem.

I upgraded to blast! and my ubee DDM3513 refused the code to upgrade past 27down.

I went and purchased a SB6141 from bestbuy, and now am good.

If you are having this issue ask them to check the profile on your modem. No matter what they did and pushed to my modem, it was stuck on the performance profile and would just downgrade itself back. They were baffled.

2667698455.png

I had 25 down and then about a month ago I upgraded to 50 down. Am I suppose to be getting the 105 now? I don't see any difference and I'm still getting 50 down.

I had 25 down and then about a month ago I upgraded to 50 down. Am I suppose to be getting the 105 now? I don't see any difference and I'm still getting 50 down.

Make sure you have reset your modem and router both.

If you were at the 50mbps tier before this speed upgrade you should be at 105.

I am on a blast plan that is part of a bulk account through my school. They were offering 50mbps for $35 so I took that. It's consistently over 70mbps down and around 12mbps up. So i guess I am not going to get upgraded to 105 since my plan is technically blast?

The Blast Extreme tier is the one that got bumped, so just upgrade to that I'd assume.

Back