Comcast’s Broadband Customers Now Outnumber Its Cable Subscribers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Do you hear that? It sounds an awful lot like a fat lady singing. :D

The writing was on the wall last quarter when Comcast’s dropping pay-TV subscriber base was only 6,000 more than its growing pool of broadband customers, but with today’s release of the latest subscriber numbers it’s official: Comcast now has fewer cable customers than it does Internet subscribers.

It doesn't change the fact they are still Comcast customers, I use CenturyLink for my internet.

If you don't at least have Comcast's basic TV package they start raising your internet rates pretty quickly after any promo deals have expired unless to call them up and threaten to quit.

Wait there were actually people out there who paid for Comcast TV but didn't pay for internet?

they own a lot of channels, if you have dtv, dish or att, you're indirectly paying comcast base on the package you have.

I guess they'll have to raise profits on broadband to compensate.

Do you hear that? It sounds an awful lot like a fat lady singing. :D

The writing was on the wall last quarter when Comcast’s dropping pay-TV subscriber base was only 6,000 more than its growing pool of broadband customers, but with today’s release of the latest subscriber numbers it’s official: Comcast now has fewer cable customers than it does Internet subscribers.

Well, over 300 channels of nothing to watch, not surprising at all.
Remember those series when they made 20+ quality shows a season?

Now they make 6 to 10 low quality hyped shows a season, call it good
acting, and quality TV. but it's mostly junk.

Most evenings I watch Amazon or Netflix or read a good book.
Serious about cutting the cable cord....

Now they make 6 to 10 low quality hyped shows a season, call it good
acting, and quality TV. but it's mostly junk.

Most evenings I watch Amazon or Netflix or read a good book.
Serious about cutting the cable cord....

The majority of the entertainment industry has taken a hard left turn and believe their programs must be pushing social envelopes. Thus the anti-heros, filthy speech, social commentary, nudity, ect. All pandering to the lowest common denominator.

This is why people are dropping cable programming.
When you can watch a 60 year old episode of the Twilight Zone and be VASTLY more entertained than any current cable show; that tells you something.

+1
It amazing that with so many cable channels, the majority of the time there is nothing worth watching on. How can they produce 150+ channels of worthless shows.

The majority of the entertainment industry has taken a hard left turn and believe their programs must be pushing social envelopes. Thus the anti-heros, filthy speech, social commentary, nudity, ect. All pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Another +1
I've noticed that in the past few years it has gotten even worse.
Even shows that have a good ideas/plots quickly degrade into the gutter. I've lost count of how many shows I've stopped watching over the past several years because they start pushing leftist politics or turned the show into a replay of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Back