COMCAST Offers 4.0MB download for $52.99 an month!!!

Go to the URL link and goto check availabilty in your area and it will tell you, fo the seach by zip code.

it says the host is down and cant complete the search

Edit: I just called them, and they dont offer service in my area. Which sucks, since Im paying 44.95 for 2down and 384 up

Ugh, not available in my area. Fucking Adelphia sucks, they took over the cable in my town about 8 years back and haven't done ANYTHING as far as laying cable is concerned. The shitty part is Cablevision was here before, and they were getting ready to roll out their cable service here. Looks like I'm stuck paying $60 a month for less features and a 1.2 megabit download from stupid, lame overcharging Speakeasy. Yaaay.

fuck you adelphia

I already pay that for comcast for 1.5mhps down and 256kbps up.

They are supposed to be increasing everyones download speed to 3mbps for free. Got a newsletter telling me they were doing this, and others have already been given the new speed.

But what I really want is more upload speed. I could careless about download.

That should be 4M/second, which is a rate. When I read the title I was thinking, "How would only being able to download 4 megs in a month be anything close to a hot deal?" lol.

There's a hitch in this deal you have to have Comcast Cable as well to get $52.95 otherwise it's $67.95.

"$52.95 Comcast Cable Video customers
Prices vary for non-Comcast Cable video customers."

So the deal may not be that hot.

I woulda paid $100 a month for 4M download, also if you have a router and modem they will waive the setup fee, which i just did after i got off of the phone with a tech. I download so much from the newsgroups it sick, since i bought my new house and moved 6 months ago my download meter shows ive downloaded 568GIGS worth of crap LOL!

Originally posted by Marcdaddy
I woulda paid $100 a month for 4M download, also if you have a router and modem they will waive the setup fee, which i just did after i got off of the phone with a tech. I download so much from the newsgroups it sick, since i bought my new house and moved 6 months ago my download meter shows ive downloaded 568GIGS worth of crap LOL!

Not lol on comcast downloading more than around 50 or 60 gigs can get your account suspended has been a thread on dslreports forums where some 20 users who posted in the forums have had their accounts suspended. Comcast limits how much you can download in a given month but they dont tell you what the limit is no one knows if its 50 60 70 etc gigs. and you avraged 95 gigs or so per month some dled around 80 gigs and got the letter telling them their account would be suspended etc.

Originally posted by novaflare
Not lol on comcast downloading more than around 50 or 60 gigs can get your account suspended has been a thread on dslreports forums where some 20 users who posted in the forums have had their accounts suspended. Comcast limits how much you can download in a given month but they dont tell you what the limit is no one knows if its 50 60 70 etc gigs. and you avraged 95 gigs or so per month some dled around 80 gigs and got the letter telling them their account would be suspended etc.

Man you really like making it hard for people to read what you're saying. Please for god sakes try to type sentences.

myparents rsplittin up so im gettinga new house and imgettingcomcast and i cant wait hell ya

You can just buy the 1.5Mb down, comcast is upgrading the whole US to 3Mb down on their standard package.

WELL Mystikal what can i say other then i havnt gotten any letter and i have even talked with comcast representives who told me that they were only targeting people in congested areas, i live in a brand new neighborhood with like 8 houses in it, so i highly doubt im gonna get a letter anytime soon. Furthermore comcast is going to start offering people to watch streaming movies in real time to there PC, So what are they gonna do ban everyone for sukking up bandwith. Simply its just the luck of the draw and i highly doubt anything is gonna be done about it. Besides i can always get DSL if it happened.

hmm interesting...im currently paying $99 a month for comcast pro which seems equivalent to the home network thing posted (i also get 4mbps and 5 static ips)...it looks like this still splits one ip though, anyone know off hand? it doesnt say anything about more ips

(btw, the $99 is split between 5 people so we dont really care about the price much, especailly seeing that next to our tuition cost, few dollars is petty cash :eek:P )

I cant remember off hand if it is just one static IP, im gonna call them tomorrow and find out though for sure.

Originally posted by badjoke
myparents rsplittin up so im gettinga new house and imgettingcomcast and i cant wait hell ya

:eek: :confused:

What the hell happened to today's young?

Priorities man, PRIORITIES!

disreguard this if you are looking for the silver lining.:D

They've already switched over to 3M/sec here in Californa, just became available in my neighborhood last month. $42.95/month for comcast customers (which i am) and only $19.95 for the first 3 months. Goodbye SBC DSL, Hello COMCAST!!:D I'm ordering this weekend:D

Makes me glad I use Cox and get 4.5Mbit down and 384K up as their "basic" service for 29.99 a month :cool:

ok you need to get your BYTES and bits right.
8bits = 1 byte
kb=kilobits
kB=kilobytes

4.0MB=4.0megaBYTES/SECOND...which got me all excited...
but from the page it's actually

4.0Mbps

so..
not worth my money, :)
i get 3.0mbps at around 40$ with roadrunner

koosh

Originally posted by ReconSniper
anyone know if Comcast is available in Florida?

uhh yes, they most certainly are in FL.

also, there really isnt all that much to talk about because Comcast already upped our D/L and U/L from 1.5MBs/128K to 3.5MBs/384 a while back ago FOR FREE. :cool:

that being that, me paying an extra $13 for an extra .5MB speed would hardly be worth it.

Originally posted by ReconSniper
it says the host is down and cant complete the search

Edit: I just called them, and they dont offer service in my area. Which sucks, since Im paying 44.95 for 2down and 384 up

you live in Tampa and they dont service your area? :confused:

you either must:

A. be in some sort of boonies area of Tampa (if there is such an area in Tampa)

or

B. have Bright House (Time Warner) as your local cable company

-BTW, I live in Lake County which is about 30 minutes N. of Orlando and we have Comcast over here and their service is pretty good 98% of the time.

Because you have to. I just spent over 2 hours on the phone with Comcast arguing over the requirements of Comcast Home Networking....here are the rules:

1) You WILL use Comcast equipment
2) Some asshole from Comcast WILL come out to your house to set you YOUR network with THEIR equipement
3) If you don't like that you can go fuck yourself

That's what I learned. What a bunch of fucking assholes. Comcast did a complete 180 degree turn going from 'home networking is not supported in any way' to 'if you want 4Mbps you have to use our equipement the way we say'

FUCK THAT. No one touches my setup except ME. NO ONE tells me what equipment I can and can not run. Oh yeah, the PRO speeds of 3.8Mbps down 384Kbps up are not available anymore either, except to those that are gandfathered in at $99/month. So if you want the Home Networking at 4Mbps down 384Kbps up be prepared to deal with these assholes. No thanks. I'll just wait until the bump to 3Mbps down and 384Kbps up. 4 would have been nice though...

I live in tampa and no where close to the boonies. Brighthouse is my cable company, and is all of tampas. I called comcast and they said they do not service the Tampabay area.

so you have Bright House in your area, huh?

then that explains it. I have NEVER seen any markets that have two (or more) cable companies in the same area which is BS because isnt that the same as a monopoly?

well brighthouse doest offer that speed under 150$ month. So they cant even compete with that price. Biz class is a rip to due to the same speed at double the cost.

Ditto, it makes you wonder how much money these companys are truely making, probably making it hand over fist id say.

I cant WAIT until they update the lines (soon!) since we're paying some shitty amount a month for about 1meg down and literally 20k up

I cant even host internet games :9

I'm not totally sure that this is correct for all the comcast upgrade areas, but it's only 256k up guys. Whomever promised 384 should probably go do a speed test and check that claim. I'm fairly sure it'll be 256. I've looked at my modem's config file, and that's all I'm getting. While the home networking upgrade is a 384 up, the regular 1.5-3.0 tranisition was only a downstream change. Not that this will matter to any normal person, but the hardcore gamers among us would have liked a 33% reduction in our ping time, and we'll have to pay for home networking (and thus have some shmuck that knows far less than we do come touch our networks) to do it. Sux.

Originally posted by Stealth5325
I'm not totally sure that this is correct for all the comcast upgrade areas, but it's only 256k up guys. Whomever promised 384 should probably go do a speed test and check that claim. I'm fairly sure it'll be 256. I've looked at my modem's config file, and that's all I'm getting. While the home networking upgrade is a 384 up, the regular 1.5-3.0 tranisition was only a downstream change. Not that this will matter to any normal person, but the hardcore gamers among us would have liked a 33% reduction in our ping time, and we'll have to pay for home networking (and thus have some shmuck that knows far less than we do come touch our networks) to do it. Sux.

higher transfer rates arent lower ping times

i dont have comcast in my area.....

i pay 40 a month for 2mb down....i forget what up is..

thats a good price for 4mb...sucks! i cant get that

COX has a monoply of consumer broadband in my area, unless I want to get satellite. I can't even get Verizon DSL.

Originally posted by kronchev
higher transfer rates arent lower ping times

I must respectfully disagree. As a network engineer/administrator, and as an experienced online gamer, the upstream bandwidth and thus speed is the ONLY resonable determining factor that we have some control over when ti comes to ping times. Sure, congestion and load play a part, but if transfer rates had little impact on ping times, the 56k people would have the smae ping times as the 384k DSL people, when in fact they have almost 4X the ping, and that's on a very good dial up connection and a very poor DSL connection.

is this 4megabytes or 4megabits? cause I have Earthlink Cable and at night times I get 400-600kb download, or else I usually get about 350kb download, and my upload is 48kb, so its not bad for 44.95/mo

Originally posted by Stealth5325
I must respectfully disagree. As a network engineer/administrator, and as an experienced online gamer, the upstream bandwidth and thus speed is the ONLY resonable determining factor that we have some control over when ti comes to ping times. Sure, congestion and load play a part, but if transfer rates had little impact on ping times, the 56k people would have the smae ping times as the 384k DSL people, when in fact they have almost 4X the ping, and that's on a very good dial up connection and a very poor DSL connection.
I disagree. Satellite internet can be quite fast, but it has very high latency and therefore very high pings due to the distance the signals have to travel. Sending a ping and getting a reply simply doesn't use a whole lot of bandwidth, so it's not a very good indicator of connection speed.

Originally posted by nas6034
is this 4megabytes or 4megabits? cause I have Earthlink Cable and at night times I get 400-600kb download, or else I usually get about 350kb download, and my upload is 48kb, so its not bad for 44.95/mo

Where do you live? Just wondering because in my area I can get earthlink cable, AOL cable, or Roadrunner, and it is all the same exact thing, only I have to sign into the ELN or AOL network with those two and with RR I just am always on. I was just wondering since it is the exact same thing that if the speeds are going to be any different?

Back