Comcast Installer Robs Check Cashing Store

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crime of the century was foiled when the criminal mastermind robbing a check cashing store wore his Comcast uniform during the robbery. Yes, his name was on the uniform and he drove a company van.

Workers at a nearby business said they noticed something suspicious at the check-cashing store and then saw a man in a Comcast uniform rush out and leave in a Comcast van.

Does this say more about the guy or the comcast for hiring this guy?

Does this say more about the guy or the comcast for hiring this guy?

You can't tell what is going on in people's heads. Most of the time after a murder, rapist, pedo, etc. gets caught their friends, neighbors and family say "I can't believe it was him, he was such a nice guy!"

I believe it has no reflection on Comcast, as lame as their capping policies may be. :p

You mean somebody stole from the check cashing store instead of the other way around? wow

That frightens me because Comcast was just at our house this morning just at 9 o'clock fixing our wireless Internet, because our modems were broken, and you don't know who you're letting in your home," [Michelle] Gardner said.
LOL I love the reply to this

We know we like to cover bad things that Comcast does, but we're pretty sure they don't hire criminals at any higher a rate than other companies.
Love to bash comcast and report on them the bad things :D Comcastic!!!

I'm sure it's fun to bash them, but I hardly think they are responsible for the crime. :p

Comcast has been robbing me monthly for years, but there's nothing I can do about that.

lol thats the same as the guy who worked in KC at the rail yards and riught next to the rail yards was a sonic. this guy decides to rob the place.... bet yet he use the company truck that has the BNSF logo on the side and not only that it has train wheels so that it can go on the tracks but all the sonic had to do was point to the rail yards to find him. by the way he was robbing the place to get money to buy drugs.

Have you seen those Comcast bills lately? Christ thats robbery in itself :D

Comcast has been robbing me monthly for years, but there's nothing I can do about that.

You always have choices. Go back to turbo, hyper blast, sonic speed boom, dial-up(cheap, cheap).

Or

Steal your neighbors wifi(works for me).

J/K

That's too damn funny. WTF was going thru his mind when he did that? Comcast must have had pay cuts recently.....

If you guys want to read the real story then check out this link:
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/police_seeking_man_who_robbed.html

I was the person that called 911 on this. She did everything short of saying she was being robbed. I felt so helpless but he used his comcast uniform to trick her into letting him fix her lines, which got him through the security doors and behind the bullet proof glass. I couldn't do anything. I called 911 and went to listen through the wood paneled wall that adjoins the 2 stores. I heard him hit her and her muffled cry. I yelled to my coworker that he was beating her. The guy must of heard me through the wall. By the time we got to the front of the warehouse he was jumping in the van and onto Powell blvd. We went into the check cash and she was screaming through her duct tape gag and jumping up and down behind the glass with her hands and feet bound as well. She was still behind the glass and she was covered head to knees in her blood. She was still behind the glass and security doors. In the 30 seconds it took me to wave down the ems, she managed to get herself through both doors and into the main lobby. I have heard she is recovering well after surgery and cracking jokes. I was also there when they arrested this monster too and he didn't seem distraught at all. He has plead not guilty, but he did it.

no different then the dumbass guy here in houston .....took a taxi to a bank .......robbed it......got back in the taxi and went to the walmart next door........where he was arrested lol.

i still laugh about that one.

Just a rant here: KPTV, in their effort to get the story out first, failed to do any worthwhile research or interviews. I wish Consumerist would of referenced kgw or even the AP Story as the KPTV effort was crap.

Hell,Comcast has been robbing me every month! If this guy's intelligence is typical of their employees,it explains the lousy service.

Back