comcast DOCSIS 3.0 rollout roadmap

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
a friend of mine has an old Motorola SURFboard modem (he bought it himself instead of renting). He got a letter from Comcast saying that he needs to upgrade to continue having service.

does anyone know of a roadmap for markets for the rollout? we're in Denver and he doesn't have much money so he's trying to figure out how long he has to save up for the new modem.

The introduced it in Denver back in Aug of 2009, may already be finished and want to get rid of all the old equipment. Why not just pay the rental fee until he can afford a new modem?

I suggested that to him but he is one of those people who refuses to rent because it's "throwing away money". his argument was he'll still have to pay $100+ for the modem when he finally buys it plus whatever he had to pay in rental costs.

I used to be on comcast before we switched to QWEST. I didn't know that they had already converted to DOCSIS 3.0 here. learn something new every day.

Yeah, they started a few months after I left, can't wait to get back.

I picked up my new docsis 3 surfboard from newegg for like $75... Seriously, unless you're on food stamps, that's not a lot of money. If you are on food stamps, you shouldn't have cable...

I picked up my new docsis 3 surfboard from newegg for like $75... Seriously, unless you're on food stamps, that's not a lot of money. If you are on food stamps, you shouldn't have cable...

he's a PhD student at DU living hand-to-mouth on grants and financial aid.

lol, someone complaining about money and going to DU doesn't compute...

that's like complaining about maintenance costs on your garage full of Ferraris

touche. :) I'm not from Colorado originally but even I understand the irony.

Back