Comcast Charges Its Customers $25 To Fix Billing Mistake

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a Comcast customer, you should probably double check your bill.

The $25 fee is for the payment reversal. Yes, Comcast charged every single one of their e-bill customers a $25 fee for the reversal of Comcast's own double-payment error. The representative confirmed that this $25 fee was also a mistake, that my bill was wrong, and that I only owed the usual amount. Good thing I asked, because Comcast is not sending out corrected bills or notices.

Comcast: "Ah drats we got caught again! Lets just claim it as another billing mistake"

That, my friend, is the kind of BS that really instills a warm, cozy, feeling about my friendly, local Internet and cable provider. Thank you, Comcast, for being an example I can model my company after. thanks also for making sure that I don't pay as little as possible for your services. I know I have an option for my cable and Internet and I'm so very pleased to be doing my business with you.

right.

Sounds about right. When I got Comcast TV (ONLY because I wanted to use a media center along with cablecard tuners, so satellite wasn't an option) I probably had to call around 10 times to get it all straightened out. The final thing that worked was to give low satisfaction numbers to their call back survey and indicate that I wanted somebody to contact me about the survey.

Actually, Billing error fees are becoming quite common. Many B2B companies now have a $50 "incorrect information" fee. If you send a Purchase Order or Invoice with incorrect information to a company, they will now bill you for correcting it or re-processing it.

Actually, Billing error fees are becoming quite common. Many B2B companies now have a $50 "incorrect information" fee. If you send a Purchase Order or Invoice with incorrect information to a company, they will now bill you for correcting it or re-processing it.

I want to see someone justify the practice of correction fees.:D

You have never dealt with Neiman Marcus. If your a wholesaler selling to neiman marcus the will charge you $100s $1000s of dollars for simple things like incorrect information. How do they justify it? Because they are so big, they write the rules.

Comcast is a double edged sword for me. For one I get super fast dependable high speed. I rarely have had any issues in all the years I have had Comcast.

BUT...... then there is customer service. I either get a laid back chill person...... or some nasty bitch who wants to argue with me. Every year your prices take an auto hike unless you call to "sign up" for the current special. I had this bitch tell me "not sure why you want a discount..... you sure seem to have a lot of TVs connected in your house". Why the fuck she thought it was any of her business how many TVs are in my house. As to say..... well you must have tons of people living in your house.... you surely shouldn't be asking to lower your $175.00 monthly bill for basic cable, basic internet and phone. I felt like punching that in her face. :mad:

Hate them with a passion, unfortunately my only choices are them or dial up. Yea!!!... :(
I do have the unlimited from Verizon 4G (which is faster and lower latency then my Comcast) but I have only ever gone up to 15Gigs with it and afraid to touch the 100+ I use a month with Comcast.

Have them for internet. The service rocks 99% of them time. The 1% that you have to deal with customer service is absolute hell. Pretty much have to make an ass of yourself multiple times to get even simple issues resolved.

Yeah but Comcast made the mistake, so shouldn't the customers be charging them $25 instead of it being the other way around? :D

Sadly many people would rather pay the money then deal with the conflict or lost time trying to get though on the phone.

Bank of America makes a whole lot of money every month (literal millions I am guessing) in accidental charges.

Not everyone notices, not everyone who notices wants to deal with the hassles and of those that call a certain percent are talked off with various bull shit reasons, like it's your responsibility to catch any errors and report them under 60 days after that it cant be corrected. What your were in the hospital, I'm so sorry, I hope you feel better, you should have had a relative or accountant take care of your account then. But dont ever give out your password or information to anyone that causes fraud.

I'd guess about 75% to 85% of BofA 'mis-charges' are never reversed.

Lots of places do this, especially godamned customs in some places. They charge you $50 if you challenge a miscalculation of fees, or if they make a mistake on the import tax charges. So if they overcharge you by $45 you'd make -$5 by challenging them.

I got business class with comcast here, I just bitch at them for all their mistakes and they remove anything. :cool: The contact center is based in the US and they speak English as the 1st language.

I can believe it. Reminds me of when they tried to charge me $120 for installation because I had 3 cable boxes, yet there was only one cable run in the apartment. After I demanded they come back and run three separate lines since I was paying for it, they dropped two of the line charges.

It also reminds me of the time after that they sent me a bill that said I owed, and then another the next day saying I didn't, and then swore that the second was correct until a month later when they then reversed it and said I owed and was now late.

It also reminds me of the time after that they sent me a bill that said I owed, and then another the next day saying I didn't, and then swore that the second was correct until a month later when they then reversed it and said I owed and was now late.

Yeah, several times they have changed my bill and not notified me about it.

When I called about adding or removing services they told me they charge a one-time $2.99 fee for modifying your service. I know they can sink lower but c'mon...

Comcast is the only fast internet around here. When i moved into my first apartments i got it.
I had ordered my modem on newegg but it hadn't arrived yet when the tech came. So i just took the crap one, for a month. Got the rental charge for a month then canceled the rental and returned the router. Later on i got married and moved to another apartment that had free internet so i cancelled my contract. On my honey moon they called me to demand i give their modem back. to make this shorter, i told them i didn't have, they said the system didn't' agree. i won by saying, if i had it why wasn't a billed for it that last 10 months?

How bad is their system, that it doesn't know the right from the left..

BRING ON THE À LA CARTE PROGRAMMING ALREADY!

I'll take about 10 channels and HS net, they can keep the rest.

I used to let them do the auto-billing but after reading all those stoopid billing mistakes, I resorted back to the old snail mail. It doesn't do me any good having the auto-biller or the snail mail but I sure do get control of my money. I still use my bank's free online web bill pay so it's still cost me nothing not even a stamp or envelope but have the full control of when and how much to pay!

I have NEVER to this day read a single positive thing about Comcast. That has got to be the worst company on earth, or at least damn near the top of the list. Thank god they aren't a service provider around here.

I've had to fight with Comcast re: my bill every month for the past 4-months. They claim to have fixed it every time and yet it reverts back to a higher rate every time. Their bill crediting system makes no sense whatsoever - you get 5-10 $1.75-2.50 credits that may or may not add up to what they overbilled you the month before. It is the single worst company that I have ever dealt with. Unfortunately here in America many people only have Comcast as an option for broadband in their home.

Well the example given was of a company charging a customer to correct a billing mistake due to improperly submitted information. I.e. the customer did something wrong and the company had to put in extra work to fix it. Not a great situation, but not completely unreasonable.

Comcast is charging customer a billing correction fee for a mistake comcast made. That's totally wrong.

I have NEVER to this day read a single positive thing about Comcast. That has got to be the worst company on earth, or at least damn near the top of the list. Thank god they aren't a service provider around here.

i've had good (99.98%) uptime over the last 24 mos. my speeds and latency is always stable. actually, this is the only time i've had to contact comcast about anything, since i first had service installed, and they fixed it w/a credit last week when i called them.

i've never used comcast residential, but business class stuff has been fine for me. i can also say they're certainly better than my alternative (CenturyLink formerly Qwest in Albuquerque, NM)

This reminds me of my fun with T-mobile.

Even though I bought my Samsung Vibrant out of contract, T-mobile said I had to sign up for a monthly contract in order to activate it. Once it was activated I immediately canceled it and, due to the pro-rating and funny math that was involved, I got a check from for $9.81, which I cashed. Since then, I receive a bill every month from T-mobile showing a negative balance of $9.81.I just immediately toss them in the recycle bin, curious to see how long it takes them to find out I don't actually owe them anything.

Back