COMBO - Asus Rampage III GENE x58, Intel Xeon x5670, 24GB Corsair Dominator-GT DDR3-2000

w1retap

[H]F Junkie
Asus Rampage III GENE x58, Intel Xeon x5670, 24GB Corsair Dominator-GT DDR3-2000

SOLD!!!

I am selling the core components out of my Intel x58 based gaming computer. This motherboard, CPU, and RAM combo will get you up and running with great performance, and great overclocking potential.

The motherboard is an Asus Rampage III GENE micro-ATX (rev 1.01g). It supports SLI and Crossfire, has SATA 6Gbps support, USB 3.0 support, and Soundblaster SupremeFX X-Fi 2 built in. There is an OPT_TEMP sensor input on this board for monitoring watercooling temperature within Windows using an application such as AIDA64. This board comes flashed with the latest BIOS (v1003) for Xeon 6-core / 12-thread support. The driver disk and I/O shield are included, along with the SATA cables and SLI bridge.

The processor is an Intel Xeon x5670. This is a 6-core / 12-thread processor clocked at 2.93GHz. I owned this processor for a year and ran it at 4GHz with a very nice watercooling setup, having (2) 2x120 radiators cooling it and a EK Supreme waterblock. The overclock was stable and you can see my benchmarks in the pictures above. The processor is great for gaming, image rendering, video encoding, 3D rendering, or any other CPU intensive tasks. If you overclock, I recommend watercooling since this processor has a 95 watt TDP rating and can put out a good amount of heat under maximum load.

The memory in this sale is two kits of 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT DDR3-2000. (CMT12GX3M3A2000C9) The x58 platform supports 24GB of total RAM, so this maxes out what the motherboard can support. The memory has timings of 9-10-9-27 at 1.65 volts. I had no problem running this memory at its rated speeds with the XMP profile. The RAM comes with two OEM kits, each including a Corsair Airflow cooler. They have not been used and I took one out of the box to include with the pictures. (only one can fit on the motherboard)

Bidding starts at $349.99. NO RESERVE! No returns. Continental US buyers only. Free shipping (UPS Ground WITH shipping insurance and delivery signature). System has been fully tested and benchmarked, then packed well. I am not responsible for any damage incurred due to end-user errors once the package is in your possession.

The motherboard comes in a micro-ATX motherboard box to ensure safe travel. I have put a CPU socket cover on the motherboard so no pins get bent during shipping. The CPU has been put into an anti-static bag and wrapped securely in bubble wrap and placed in the motherboard box. The RAM comes in its OEM packaging. All items will be placed into one shipping box with a good amount of packing material.

P3260001.jpg

P3260003.jpg

P3260005.jpg

P3260010.jpg

P3260012.jpg

P3260032.jpg

P3260025.jpg

P3260024.jpg

cinebench15.jpg

cpu-z-bench.jpg

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back