Colorful motherboard with built-in GeForce GTX 1070

illli

[H]ard|Gawd
Colorful motherboard with GeForce GTX 1070 on board | VideoCardz.com

proof of concept, but still looks interesting

COLORFUL-B150-GP104-Motherboard-900x592.jpg

It would be cool to see more MxM desktop gpu based motherboards standardized. Does this mean the eventual rise of slightly larger, but more customizable Alienware Alpha like PCs? The thought of this is rather exciting for a nice mini, but fairly powerful secondary PC.

It's great because it allows for really small cases with standard desktop components. Upgradability is a concern, since it's not standard in size, so this would have to be a standard (what about mCTX, mini Combined technology extended :D ) and even then you can't upgrade just the GPU, but only nearly the whole system (GPU, board, CPU if it is a new architecture)

I like it, but I dont fully understand why there are connectors at 3 out of the 4 sides.. 2/4 makes more sense imo. We'll see what they come up with!

Also how will this be powered?
And are those m2 slots in the center? They have weird screw holes...

Yup, those are m.2.

Where is the power plug or do they have the dc jack also built in?

I can see a place for this, in Alienware Alpha-style mini-machines. That's a lot of performance for that sort of thing.

this looks like an AIO board or for a mini/console size bare bones system. the power/reset at the bottom and the headphone/mic on the right is confusing me...

Back