Colorado Springs, CO Best ISP for Gaming?

babochee

Gawd
I've been spoiled by Spectrum (no contracts, great pricing, super reliable internet, quick customer service) during our last 2 moves to Texas and now here in South Carolina. We're moving to Colorado Springs in a couple weeks and when researching the local ISPs there seems to be no good picks, all the reviews are dismal. Can anyone from that area lend some advice?

I live in Denver. It's Comcast or bust here. Century link is technically an option but they only do over 60mb is certain areas. To be honest though my Comcast service has been pretty great overall. unfortunately I think the going rate is $80 for 120Mb which is what I have. They did deploy Docsis 3.1. I picked it up my meter so You may wanna check and see if 3.1 is available in your area if it is I'd get a 3.1 modem if you can afford it.

As far as gaming goes it's been just fine I play counter-strike, killing floor and battlefield at most 55mil to anywhere NA local.
Y2OFIRu
3c105c93-51a5-48e6-bdea-598b9dd13967
25hj29c.jpg

Last edited:
Comcast in Denver isn't bad service-wise. I've had minimal downtimes and you can get gigabit in about 2/3 of the metro area now. I believe they also have gigabit in the Springs. At least on the north-eastern side of town. Pricing is steeeeep, though. You also have to pay more for uploads that are over 11mb. That's where they cap basically everything. $10 more per month will get you 30mb.

Century Link has fiber on the southern end of Denver and all along Broadway. That's the better option if you're in one of the lucky areas. I believe Stratus in the Springs has gigabit fiber as well.

I live in Denver. It's Comcast or bust here. Century link is technically an option but they only do over 60mb is certain areas. To be honest though my Comcast service has been pretty great overall. unfortunately I think the going rate is $80 for 120Mb which is what I have. They did deploy Docsis 3.1. I picked it up my meter so You may wanna check and see if 3.1 is available in your area if it is I'd get a 3.1 modem if you can afford it.

As far as gaming goes it's been just fine I play counter-strike, killing floor and battlefield at most 55mil to anywhere NA local.
Y2OFIRu
3c105c93-51a5-48e6-bdea-598b9dd13967
View attachment 127146

Thanks for confirming my suspicions =)

Back