Collin McRae 4 Demo

Pipo

Gawd
What... the... fuck?!
What a piece of crap demo... crashes and unstable as hell. I cant get my gamepad to work and playing racing games with a keyboard is lame. The audio is all fubar'ed too. In game, all I hear is the chipmunk copilot spitting out stuff I cant understand and the car itself makes a torturous whinning sound the whole time. Anyone share my woes and knows how to fix them?

Demo run fines for me, really enjoyed playing it. Maybe its a case of a piece of crap computer ;).

Originally posted by Hibit
Demo run fines for me, really enjoyed playing it. Maybe its a case of a piece of crap computer ;).
i think his sound card drivers are to blame. update them.

just a question: you have a 20gb hard drive??? how do you live? you must be on 56k or something!

For the sound issue, go to Run and type in "dxdiag".

Once the new window opens, go to the Audio tab and turn Hardware Acceleration off.

The music in the menus will be messed up, but the gameplay sounds will be normal and as they should be.

My comp is NOT crap! Look at my sig... its not oced anymore (was too loud) and I just have a small hdd. :\

Oh yeah... Ive managed to get it to load the game twice and I wasnt lagging! It tends to get frozen on the loading screen and the audio is just awful... Ill try the dx tip..

I'd try changing your RAM timings to 2 2 2 11. Or at least 2 2 2 9. MIght help a little.

I played the demo on this machine ([email protected] ghz), 5900, cheap sound card, Geil Ultra Platinum 3200 @ 3500 speed, yadda, no problems. My P220 even was recognised.

Try reinstalling your demo. Try redownloading it too.

Originally posted by Bennyb
Oh, and in the car, that whining sound... its called a turbo :D

That's one of the things I like about 04... The car is all bogged down, and then that nice sound kicks in and you get a little more power... :D

I cant even get it to run period. I get the car loading screen with the 95% thing. then it just goes white and never changes. Specs in sig, btw running 4.2 cat's and everything is @ stock speeds currently

Well, this is a demo, based on BETA software... I wouldn't be surprised if it threw fits for a few people. They might release a patch for the demo, but probably not for a little while.

I still have the demo for CMR3 somewhere... :p I think it might still be installed on my other machine. ;)

Atleast you could get it to run a couple times dude. For me it would just go to a black screen (as in monitor would go sort of into standby mode) as soon as I started it and the only way to get back to windows was to restart. After trying about 10 times I just uninstalled that piece of shit.

it ran fine on xp2500+ and 9700 but ran slow on duron1600@2000(166x12) and 9800pro. (???, but all other games run fine on duron, 9800pro)

good game

Originally posted by Prom3theus X
Atleast you could get it to run a couple times dude. For me it would just go to a black screen (as in monitor would go sort of into standby mode) as soon as I started it and the only way to get back to windows was to restart. After trying about 10 times I just uninstalled that piece of shit.

YOu know... That sounds an awful lot like my issues with CMR3 and VSync. CMR3 only ran with VSync on for some time, there was a patch but it never worked for me. Is this related? Disable VSync in your drivers, if you can...

Excellent game....I cant wait till this comes out. It runs great @ 1024x2xAA on a 9600pro @32bit. Sound through my Audigy2ZS is excellent.

Does anyone know when this game is supposed to release?

Originally posted by ’m‚³‚ñ
YOu know... That sounds an awful lot like my issues with CMR3 and VSync. CMR3 only ran with VSync on for some time, there was a patch but it never worked for me. Is this related? Disable VSync in your drivers, if you can...

It is disabled, and always has been. Guess I could try again with vsync on

Im glad to hear Im not the only one whith whom the demo bugs out on. I might try redownloading it but it wasnt recognizing my cheapo game pad! >:[ I dont want to play the game with a kb :(

Originally posted by Prom3theus X
It is disabled, and always has been. Guess I could try again with vsync on

It's worth a shot. CMR3 would freeze, then I'd have to reboot my machine by the reset button or press my log off button. It would do it at the loading screen for Championship. Turning VSync on fixed that.

i like CMR4 but is it one of those gay games that require 1GB of mem? cos i cant see why it would run slow on Duron 2G+9800pro. i remember BF1942 ran much smoother with 1GB but all other games i tried ran fine with 512MB.

hmm thats weird... i thought it was duron at the start but then i thought 2000 tbred with 64k L2 should have enough cpu power for 9800pro.

well gotta try duron with 1GB mem.. then ill know 4 sure..

I love the detail of this game, you even hear the anti-lag system popping away when you cut the throttle :D

Back