Coleco Chameleon Kickstarter Over Before It Even Begins

HardOCP News

[H] News
Remember that Coleco branded cartridge-based retro console we showed you just before Christmas last year? Well, it looks like there is enough controversy over the project that Coleco has stepped in and asked for a working prototype within the next seven days or it is pulling its name from the project. :eek:

HOWEVER, in order to confirm or debase these concerns, Coleco has demanded to inspect the prototype units within a seven day time frame. At which time, independent engineers will review their findings and determine if those units are up to our standards. We will report some or all of those findings to the community so as long as they do not interfere with proprietary information. We remain hopeful that the community's concerns are merely speculations, but if there is merit to the concerns, then we have no choice but to abandon the project rather than release a sub-par product.

They have 7 days Steve. Your Title condemns them to people who only read titles...at least place a question mark at the end.

I love my RetroN. Its played everything I've thrown at it so far. I have the 5.

The RetroVGS was a scam and this is just that, with a different name. Don't give these scam artists any money.

There is no chance Coleco won't pull their name, even then how much cache does it have? I certainly don't have any positive attachement to that name, it just sounds like "outdated junk console" to me.

This thing is a total sham. Go look at the Wiki and read up on it. First they show it off and it was actually a SNES then the second time they show it off the PCB inside the console was a fucking TV capture card...

Seriously, they don't even have an actual prototype of this thing. How hard could it be???

Back