Coldplay Giving Away Free Music

HardOCP News

[H] News
Radiohead did it with a whole album. NIN did it with half an album. Today, Coldplay is doing it with a song. Free legal music is cool, more please.

A note posted on www.coldplay.com says that fans can download "Violet Hill", from the album "Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends", free for one week from 11:15 a.m. on Tuesday. The album will be launched on June 12.

:D *CLAIMING SPOT ON FIRST POST TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING FREE!!!* :D

Wow... a free song, gee thanks Coldplay. Not that i liked your hackneyed sounding music for gaylord british emo boys, in fact, I don't like U2 and you sound like a crappy U2 cover band.

Die in a fire.

Wow... a free song, gee thanks Coldplay. Not that i liked your hackneyed sounding music for gaylord british emo boys, in fact, I don't like U2 and you sound like a crappy U2 cover band.

Die in a fire.

I should have just qouted you !! :D

As long as the song appeals to my tastes then I'll download it. If not, there will be others.

Die in a fire.

Granted Coldplay's music isn't for everyone as myself being a brit living in the states for the last two years, the US seems to be the only place that has an emo problem, you have had them since or slightly before Grunge. And you can't compare a three album, 15 minutes of fame, band to U2 who has been around since the 80's and have oddly survived 25 years (they must be doing something right)...in fact coldplay and U2 are nothing alike, so how you made a comparison between the two is beyond me unless those are the only bands you can think of.

My Chemical Romance now there is an Emo band, and no they are not British they are a US product, you probably like Bush (the band not the dumb ass in charge) hate to tell you they are British, I have only found a handful of US bands I like, such as Wheezer, Jack Johnson, the Foo's, NIN, Queens Of The Stone Age (when Dave is playing the drums)...that's pretty much it, the rest are pretty average.

Oh and Radiohead suck (they are British) if I wanted to go and top myself off, that would be the band to listen to, they need to take some uppers when they write the next album as they are naturally depressing the rest of the time, (Father Ted took the piss out of them in one show, it was the funniest thing I had ever seen) and they have gained an incredible arrogance about themselves considering this is only their fourth album release since they arrived in 94, you'd think they were The Who, or some other mega band from the last 40 years that actually have a right to think they are the the best thing since sliced bread.

Outamyhead, you can't take me too seriously my limey friend! :p

I don't care for Coldplay either but I was just being antagonistic for laughs :cool:

Outamyhead, you can't take me too seriously my limey friend! :p

I don't care for Coldplay either but I was just being antagonistic for laughs :cool:

It's a Monday, I hate Mondays, although it is crap of Coldplay to just shell out one song, that might well be the crappiest one on the album...as long as he didn't let Gwyneth sing any vocals it might be okay, look at what happened to Lennon and Yoko (some of their stuff sounded like that epsiode of Family Guy at the talent contest).

Just curious,but why is this news ?? Thousands of artists give it away like this.

You are right, if we want the industry to catch on to free music, digital downloads without DRM we should all keep our mouths shut and not support free songs. :rolleyes:

Now that I am done being a smartass....

I just think we need to support all these efforts not just because it is a free song...but when other artists see that Radiohead / NIN / Coldplay / ETC. got tons of press maybe they will follow suit...don't you think?

Even though it is coldplay, at least some bands are following the radiohead/NIN trend of free (and legal) downloads of their music.

Coldplay is also playing a free show at Madison Square Gardens, I don't think NIN or Radiohead have done that...

You know how I know you're gay...

:D LOL, alright. I actually like Coldplay. But this comment, made me laugh, extremely hard inside. Partially because my buddy said this to me once and its still funny to me.... The whole line is great...

LOL, touche.

Back