Col. FB - (4) FSU at Virginia

SidewinderX

2[H]4U
Well, hopefully everyone watched the game last night on ESPN and saw my Cavs beat FSU in a huge upset. I was there, and I have to say it was the most exilerating sports event I've ever been at. And it was the first time I ever rushed a field. It was amazing!

Anyway, I had my 300D and my 200/2.8L and I shot from the stands. I did the best I could, and I really think I've been getting better (this is my 3rd football game) at timing the action. Unfortunatly, from a photo aspect, there were long periods during the game where the camera was dangling by the neckstrap as I cheered. :)

Anyway...

1) This is one of my favorite football photos I've taken... I wish that I had been down at the field level though so the background by the ball wouldn't be so distracting. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.
fsu_4_size.jpg

2) Kick!
fsu_5_size.jpg

3) Another Kick. (Wide photo)
Click Here

4) Get Up!
fsu_7_size.jpg

5)
fsu_8_filtered.jpg

6) Amazing Catch (Unfortunatly it blocks his face)
fsu_9.jpg

7) Post Game Goalposts!
goalpost.jpg

And here is a cheesy little animated gif that I made of rushing the field. (~2mb)
Click Here

Enjoy! Comments, Crits, etc. Welcome!

Some nice shots, esp is only a 200mm lens.

The noise is very distracting though. I assume this was all at ISO1600? Gotta do what you gotta do.

Yeah, it was all at f2.8/ISO1600. I used noise ninja on some of the more serious noise...

Back