Coinbase, activation amounts not showing in bank acct

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
I've had a coinbase acct since I started mining, and today when everything went back up near where it was, I sold it to USD for what I had before it crashed, basically. I never verified the acct though and now that I have and added bank acct info. My bank was manually added as it's not in the lists, but the 2 amounts are not showing in my banking account to verify for Coinbase .. Do those amounts take time to process?

If I remember right, it's the same as any other ACH transaction and can take three or four days to show up.

Coinbase is having major major issues right now, supposedly with its payment processor. People's bank accounts are literally being emptied. Check out its subreddit, it is a fucking dumpster fire. I was double charged about $1000 myself for transactions I did a week ago.

Stay far, far away at least for now. Personally I'm never using them again.

hmm ok, but how do I use the money without an acct? How do I get it from Coinbase as USD?

Oh you have the USD on there already? I was confused, sorry.

Assuming Coinbase is not lying to everyone by telling us this was an honest mistake, you should be Ok as the glitch seems to be related to purchases. So take your chances with verifying your account I guess. It took a day or so for my trial deposits to come in to link my bank. If it's a bank account with a lot of money in it....cross your fingers. If you want to be super safe open up a new account just for this.

This is crypto...you just never know man.

Back when they were busy, but not quite overwhelmed,
mine took about four days to show up at CapitalOne.

Good news is you don't need to worry which order those
two tiny transactions come. Either order serves as a legit
confirmation.

Ok I'll go through with it then. Not a lot of money in the acct rn. But I can always create a new acct and then delete this account from Coinbase and just use the other account for Coinbase.. Mining isn't making me a ton of money, but with what I put into it ( $200 all in ) it'll pay for itself soon enough..

You definitely dont want to use an account you depend on. I use an old checking account that I never closed when my wife and I switched banks. The only money that ever goes into is what I want to push in or pull out of Crypto.

Agree totally, start fresh with a new account. Keep crypto separate.
I opened a CapitalOne 360, since there were no minimums or fees.
Have given me no trouble for cashing out of Coinbase whatsoever.
I told CapOne exactly what I was planning to do, and they were like
"no problem..."

CapitalOne's debit card is MasterCard, by the way. Never having
tried to buy coins with debit, only with other coins I had mined, I
dunno if having a MasterCard helps. But VISA has been openly
hostile toward Crypto of late...

Last edited:
i too opened a new separate bank account and have had no issues with coinbase.

not sure where others are saying been screwed but i have had nothing but positive interactions

i too opened a new separate bank account and have had no issues with coinbase.

not sure where others are saying been screwed but i have had nothing but positive interactions
I've been using Coinbase since 2015, and the issues all started for me yesterday. I was double/triple/quad charged several thousand dollars overnight from my secondary bank account, and also charged over $200 in cash advance fees to my linked card. I spent hours this morning on the phone with my bank getting the charges reversed. Just keep an eye on your account... go look on /r/Coinbase if you want to see hundreds upon hundreds of pissed people that got their bank accounts drained. Talked with my bank and VISA, and they said the problem is on Coinbase's end.

I had a slush Chase bank acct I put $250 every paycheck in. I use that for Coinbase purchases and withdrawing, so far nothing has happend to me KNOCK ON WOOD!

I sold a little BTC on GDAX on 2/11, and it took three days before it was posted into my bank account. I too set up a separate bank account for dealing with crypto and paypal.

It seems as though only people who purchased coins from coinbase with a debit card were affected.

I to have a crypto only bank account and have not had any issues with coinbase.

I have a buddy though, who bought $100 of ltc from them 2 weeks back and was charged 5 times for thr 1 transaction. They've partially refunded him, but he is still owed ~$300.., not as bad as some people.

yeah, I'm not buying the risk. I'll mine it and take it for what it is

I'm going to start collecting LTC though in small 'leftover' amounts

I have used Coinbase for about 6 months now and never had issues moving funds to and from my Wells Fargo checking account (my main account I pay all my bills from), After reading this, I'm thinking I might setup a separate account for crypto...

I hadn't read that. Thanks for the link. Pretty reckless move on the part of Visa if you ask me.

Back