CODG:Ghosts + SLI 780Ti = Flickering textures?

Syphon Filter

2[H]4U
Hi Chaps,

I've put together a new build this weekend and upon playing COD:Ghosts I was treated to flickering textures when SLI is enabled. I did some digging and it seems the "fix" is to disable SLI :rolleyes:

Is this the current situation? Disable SLI to fix? Is there an SLI profile or something that I need to load etc.?

System is in sig below and I am running the latest reference drivers from nvidia on Windows 8.1.

I've been out of the game for a while and this is my first dual-GPU setup so please bear with me and I would much appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!

sf.

Last edited:
Yes it's a problem with SLI and they still haven't fixed it.

I have GTX 460's in SLI and have the same problem. Disabling SLI fixes it.

So would I rather have a flickering decent looking game? Or a shit looking game with no flicker?

I just decided to not play it.

This games is garbage. Many bugs and runs like crap even on SLI 780Ti's

To tell you the truth I feel very ripped off that I bought this game.

People complaned about BF4 having bugs, and yes there were some major ones at relaese, but i still have 1000x more fun playing it then I did Ghosts.

This game is for console players that are happy with a sub-par , re-hased, outdated graphics , game.

I forced my self to finish the campain so I got some of my money worth. As for the multiplayer, after having 100+ hours of BF4 under my belt, I just can not play COD Ghosts MP for more then a few min and saying to myself "Really? you got to be kidding me"..

It is just horrable for a 2013 "AAA" game.

My 2 cents,

Seems as though DICE took a page from this playbook. Today's patch broke multi gpu support with flickering textures as well.

Hooray!

Thanks for the input guys!

Looks like I'll have to wait for a driver update/game patch!

Not sure where all the "runs like crap" is coming from. Even on a single card it runs pretty damn smooth with all the candy turned on.

On a single 780 I can run it maxxed at 1440p easily. This game sucks, but it doesn't need multi gpu's to look good.

Guys in SLI are you seeing flashing shadows or flickering geometry? I.e. Are objects completely disappearing or is it just shadows?

NVIDIA is trying to resolve this but is not able to reproduce it after fixing some bugs in the driver and in the game with the developer.

What problems do you see in SLI specifically? Maybe you can provide a video?

I was having flickering textures/objects etc.

However, I have just done a reinstall in UEFI mode and everything seems fine now, I have literally just finished the campaign and must have played for two or three hours with SLI enabled and no issues.

I am starting to think my issues were caused by installing Win8.1 in Legacy BIOS mode rather than UEFI.

I've been out of the PC game for about 8-years and while I knew about UEFI I didn't realise there was a specific way of installing Windows etc.

Now that I have my OS installed in UEFI mode everything seems fine. I was also having issues enabling SLI (it was causing a BSOD) but the UEFI install seems to have cured that too.

I hope this helps someone out...

Back