Codemasters Falls Victim To Hackers

I got an email from Epic that they got hacked too, just for forums, but still, this shit is getting out of hand.

:eek:

I got an email from Epic forum too today, about the forum being hacked

Subject: Epic Games Forums - Account Password Vulnerability
To:
Date: Saturday, June 11, 2011, 9:08 AM

Dear Hornet85,

Our Epic Games web sites and forums were recently hacked. After some downtime, they're back up and running now.

The hackers may have obtained the email addresses and encrypted passwords of forum users. Plaintext passwords weren't revealed, but it's possible that those passwords could be obtained by a brute-force attack on the encrypted passwords. Therefore, we have reset all passwords. Your new password at the bottom of this message.

The Unreal Developer Network (UDN) hasn't been compromised. Thankfully, none of our web sites ask for, or store, credit card information or other financial data.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and appreciate everyone's patience as we wrestle our servers back under control.

Tim Sweeney
Founder, Epic Games Inc

WTF is going on :confused:

Alright, what is with the recent round of hacking on pretty much any target we see around? I know zero about the community so I ask the [H] community who may have "heard something" is there a new exploit that is just going around? I mean, who knows what back end all of these companies (Sony, KeepVault, etc...) are using but it has been a pretty common occurrence lately.

no you buy a russian backpack which goes from $100-1400. Then you use Dd3builder entering the url and put a Iframe code somewhere on a web page. Hidden behind is your packed exe file about 6kb in size. You click on link your infected. Simple

This is starting to get really old. Companies such as McAfee, Norton, and otheres really need to step up their server security software/hardware.

You know, its probably not even those countries. Lulzboat and 4chan and all the other various hacker undergrounds collectives have been terrorizing whoever they may so please. PBS with the tupac story, Sony, Ninetendo(just to say they could) and other various sites/corporations.

They funny part is that most of these people are the ones who want the internet to stay as open as the wild wild west was, but they're only dooming themselves because politicians/congressman who honestly don't know shit about technology/teh interwebs are going to be the ones looking to pass legislation to govern it. These attacks only serve as ammo for ignorent politicians to pass laws to limit our right on the internet.

I'd love a big middle finger icon so I could paste have it right X here to all the hackers out there trying to get some 15 minutes of fame. F*ck off.

And you're pointing fingers with what evidence exactly?

Back