Code in two Android apps turned phones into a secret army of Bitcoin miners

bucketlist

Gawd
Indeed, but when you gang up thousands of them it's a different matter.

I thought android device would have no horse power to make any real money.

Maybe so, but the power of thousands of such devices would definitely add up to something meaningful.

Anyways, Bitcoiners scum of the universe, news at 11 and such.

Maybe so, but the power of thousands of such devices would definitely add up to something meaningful.

so am I to understand you personally think bitcoiners are the scum of the universe? If so: it's very mature and level headed of you to lump an entire group into one negative category for one a handful of malicious coders have done.

Stay classy!

Indeed, but when you gang up thousands of them it's a different matter.

The article stated that one of the apps was installed over a million times. Even if it took 10,000 phones to equate to a single high end bitcoin mining desktop, that's still 100 machines, at least for the hours that people have their phone plugged in. Article stated it would only run when the phone was not in use and plugged in... so perhaps for most users this only applied overnight. That still seems like a really significant amount of time though.

That guy's probably got the best bitcoin zombie network out there.

And Google only pulled the app from the store. They don't have the power to actually uninstall it for everyone. Hopefully there's some sort of server-side fix since it is exploiting Google Mobile Ads.

And Google only pulled the app from the store. They don't have the power to actually uninstall it for everyone..

Actually I think they (Google) do have the ability to remote uninstall an app they just haven't had to use it yet. I think iOS has a similar setup.

computer users, scum of the universe, wouldn't be any malware at all without them

your logic is impeccable

so am I to understand you personally think bitcoiners are the scum of the universe? If so: it's very mature and level headed of you to lump an entire group into one negative category for one a handful of malicious coders have done.

Stay classy!

They are scum for buying out all the AMD cards and forcing the manufacturers to increase prices. Those poor cards aren't used for gaming :(

Back