COD5 WOW... Not as good as COD4?

TechieSooner

Supreme [H]ardness
Has anyone else felt that COD5 is not as good as COD4?

Not just the single-player, but the entire gameplay.

Could be because it was not made by the same people, but it just doesn't feel as "Sweet man!!" as I did when I first saw COD4.

That's because it's the same game, w/ a WW2 mod. Well, pretty much, at least.

Treyarch sucks. I'll wait for a proper COD6 from Infinity Ward.

Since when has there been a Call of Duty: World of Warcraft? :p

I haven't gotten a chance to play it but everyone I've talked to that has played it is actually enjoying it quite a bit just as they did CoD4.

I'm waiting to find a good deal on it before I make the jump as I used to play CoD4 on the PC all the time when that came out.

I think a lot has to do with Treyarch reusing the CoD4 formula in a lot of places from what I've seen so its more of a "Ok, I've seen this before" rather than a glorified "zOMG Batman!" kinda thing.

I'm still way behind the times and just picked up CoD3 after beating CoD2 last week. CoD2 was a lot better IMO, which is a huge disappoint me as I was really excited to continue the series. CoD3 is gathering dust now while I wrap up all the side quests in Fable 2.

I'm still way behind the times and just picked up CoD3 after beating CoD2 last week. CoD2 was a lot better IMO, which is a huge disappoint me as I was really excited to continue the series. CoD3 is gathering dust now while I wrap up all the side quests in Fable 2.

CoD3 is easily the worst in the series, 5 being the next one imo.

i picked up COD5 this weekend and your right the game feels so i don't even know how to describe it, i know its a shooter i know they are linear but fuck me this version takes it to a new level. and i find it incredibly easy, whatever your target is just run to the the main objective location and kill who is there and you will succeed i stayed in one spot for like 20 mins just killing enemies and the game never progressed on its own the A.I just stay there with you and the enemy A.I just keeps respwaning. i have played every COD title except for COD3 and this is by far the worst ever. but i will finish it because i need to get some of my money of the game.

I was in both the 360 and the PC betas and wasn't in a rush to get the full version of either. I finally got it for the PC at a LAN yesterday via Steam. Turns out nobody played it at the LAN so I spent a few maps playing online and the hit boxes still suck just like in the beta. However, the sniper and bolt rifles are more powerful now which helps. I had a ping of 15 to one server I was playing on and still found it hard to hit players that were running sideways from my point of view. In COD 4 I never had sniping issues.
And some of the other guys have so much recoil, it's a challenge to get enough impacts to kill them during multiple ongoing gunfights and whatnot. I get alot of kills stolen.

When I jumped on a HC server, I had alot more fun.

I had a ping of 15 to one server I was playing on and still found it hard to hit players that were running sideways from my point of view. In COD 4 I never had sniping issues.
And some of the other guys have so much recoil, it's a challenge to get enough impacts to kill them during multiple ongoing gunfights and whatnot. I get alot of kills stolen.

Wow, exact things that are driving me crazy in multiplayer.

My assists went WAYYYY up in COD5. Usually I can place top 1 or 2 in COD4 but COD5... it's like I can't kill anyone.

I've noticed I empty clips faster too, usually one click on a VERY bad shootout can at least down one person. COD5 it's like the weapons don't do anything.

Sniping sucks. I've NEVER had a COD4 player I couldn't take down in 2 shots, even if it was in the foot or something.
I routinely have to hit COD5 players 3 times IN THE CHEST to take them down. It's ridiculous.

Like you also said, I miss shots that I've never missed before as well.

Terrible issues with sniping, that's for sure. Crosshairs right on someone's head and it won't hit them for anything. I've sat, took my time to line a shot up, and took about 6 shots at another oblivious sniper's head and not a single one hit. Crosshairs right on the head. Had to eventually move to get another angle.

One thing I do like is the new assist system. It's not just a flat 2 points, you can get up to 8 points if you severely damaged someone.

Was cod3 worse than cod2? Then why would anyone be surprised that cod5 is worse than cod4? Its literally the exact same situation.

Aside from the original CoD it would seem that all the even numbered games, IMO anyway, are the better games. CoD 3 was terrible and 4 was awesome. And having just finished WaW over the holiday weekend it is even more solid how I feel. Sure I kind of enjoyed playing it but no where near how much I liked CoD 4. IW is much better than Treyarch if you ask me and I hope that the next one will be much better. I will be trading WaW in soon for something as I have no need to keep it around any longer.

Am I the only person who wonders why people keep referring to CoD:WaW as "CoD5"? It's not CoD5. It's pretty clear that they're going to split the series, and have "CoD:WaW" and "CoD:MW" as the two new main-line trunks. Expect to see CoD:WaW 2, CoD:MW 2, etc.

Am I the only person who wonders why people keep referring to CoD:WaW as "CoD5"? It's not CoD5. It's pretty clear that they're going to split the series, and have "CoD:WaW" and "CoD:MW" as the two new main-line trunks. Expect to see CoD:WaW 2, CoD:MW 2, etc.

I was about to post something similar. This is not CoD 5, IW will be making CoD 5...eventually. This is more along the lines of Big Red 1, it's a filler game (and, IMHO, poorly made). It's also the last CoD game Teyarch will make (or so it's been told to me), so I wouldn't expect a W@W 2.

I think WAW is a good game, not as good as COD4 but I am having a great time playing it. I am playing the single player right now so I can unlock the Nazi Zombie mode which is really fun. I have also played the co-op and that was great but I haven't played deathmatch or anything yet.

Back