COD4 Multiplayer Discussion

Volume

2[H]4U
Hey there, guys. Got my COD4 at lunch today (gamespot's last collector's edition that was available only because someone's pre-order was changed to a different store). :D

Anyway, I'm really addicted to this game's multiplayer. Played it about 2.5 hours straight tonight (which is the longest any online console game has ever kept my attention). Just wondering what all you higher ranks out there think of the new addons and weapons that you unlocked.

Any in particular that you do/don't like? How bout them annoying helo strikes? :p

Just got my M4 with the dot sight. Ownage.

How the heck do people have level 40 and higher so quickly? Getting the game very early somehow I guess... And probably called in sick for the day (I don't blame them).

I played through a bunch of hours of the single player campaign and it was extremely impressive.

I am hesitant to jump right into the multiplayer for two reasons: I will need to subscribe to xbox-live and I would have to play on a xbox360 controller. On the flip side, from what I have heard, the multiplayer is awesome.

I am hesitant to jump right into the multiplayer for two reasons: I will need to subscribe to xbox-live and I would have to play on a xbox360 controller. On the flip side, from what I have heard, the multiplayer is awesome.

Apologies for the troll but Im buying this title specifically for the multiplayer on a PC so I wont have to use the 360 controller for the game! Plus I find the LIVE solution to be a poor cousin to the PC's online games setup. I think the PC version allows for more online players as well.

Playing on PC here and I am in love with the multiplayer.

I'm rank15 I think. ONly 1 more until I get my Colt .45!!!!!!

What perks are u guys using??

I was using the greater bullet damage one, special grenades, and deep impact.

I can't decide if I like deep impact or last stand better.

90% of the time I will come 1st or 2nd using:

spec ops
mp5 *silenced*
sidearm of choice *silenced*
rpg perk
*UAV jammer*
martyrdom

With silenced weapons you wont be seen on gaydar when you shoot and you cant be seen with the uav jammer. So many knife kills!

martyrdom is a noob killer. New people will walk over the grenade and die, skilled people will avoid it, and smart people will pick it up and throw it at the enemy. Free grenade FTW :)

im up to 20 after my first day of playing and i like it..as opposed to halo 3 where leveling up doesn't really earn you anything, in cod4 you're rewarded.

martyrdom is a noob killer. New people will walk over the grenade and die, skilled people will avoid it, and smart people will pick it up and throw it at the enemy. Free grenade FTW

yes, id say 20% of kills during any given game come from those, its awesome :cool:

I freakin love it on live! Just got my m4 b4 I went to bed last night, it was my favorite weapon in the beta. can't wait to play tonight.

bestbuy has my copy waiting to be picked up. Cant wait to play. I loved the beta. Just got my 1000/1000 on halo 3 and need something else for a while.

People rank up so fast by going through the Boot Camp opens up, you can grab mad xp by just going through those motions.

Things like:
Jump off a building, deploy a UAV, destroy a Helo, etc. All give lots of xp.

I'm still trying to de-halo my playing style in order to be an effective player in this game.

90% of the time I will come 1st or 2nd using:

spec ops
mp5 *silenced*
sidearm of choice *silenced*
rpg perk
*UAV jammer*
martyrdom

With silenced weapons you wont be seen on gaydar when you shoot and you cant be seen with the uav jammer. So many knife kills!

martyrdom is a noob killer. New people will walk over the grenade and die, skilled people will avoid it, and smart people will pick it up and throw it at the enemy. Free grenade FTW :)

spec ops here to,
but I picked the rpg perk but when I start a game every time I can switch my weapon and no RPG same thing with C4 I push the controlpad every direction and i get the detonater to come up but no c4
:confused:

I'd like to comment. Really I would...just one problem:
CAN'T FIND THE GAME ANYWHERE!! At the gamestop I reserved it at, they said they didn't get enough copies in for everyone. I thought no big deal....I'll go elsewhere to get it. Walmart didn't have it "yet". Target didn't have it "yet". Circuit City was "out of stock" except at one Circuit City that was like 1500 miles away from my house. That didn't help at all.

spec ops here to,
but I picked the rpg perk but when I start a game every time I can switch my weapon and no RPG same thing with C4 I push the controlpad every direction and i get the detonater to come up but no c4
:confused:

When you select and see the c4 detonator in your hands, hit the left trigger to deploy (toss) a c4 package and then it should switch back to the detonator for use.

I use the rpg mainly but maps like vacant you can have some fun with the claymores :)

Back