COD4- most addictive game since CS 1.4

donahue

Gawd
I am obsessed with this game. I just got into the MP and have played 24 hours in the past 5 days- I just got done with a 2.5 hour session and it seemed like no time at all.

I end one round and am 500 points away from the next level so I'll just play one more- oh, but the next upgrade is the deagle, maybe I should get that then go to bed. BAM! 2 hours have passed and its 2 AM.

When I stop for a bit I am uneasy cause I know how fun it would be to play some hardcore team death match. I haven't thought about a game this much since CS 6 years ago in the 10th grade. Once I hit level 55 I think I can finally ease off the addiction- but man, the devs really made an addicting game here.

hardcore is the best game mode IMO. you cant just equip a P90 and tard it up :)

The only MP game to ever get me away from counterstrike (source) was fear MP, god damn that shit was addicting and fast paced, but it lost some of its appeal when my x1950pro decided that it wasn't going to play ball, and servers started to go down hill.

I am obsessed with this game. I just got into the MP and have played 24 hours in the past 5 days- I just got done with a 2.5 hour session and it seemed like no time at all.

I end one round and am 500 points away from the next level so I'll just play one more- oh, but the next upgrade is the deagle, maybe I should get that then go to bed. BAM! 2 hours have passed and its 2 AM.

When I stop for a bit I am uneasy cause I know how fun it would be to play some hardcore team death match. I haven't thought about a game this much since CS 6 years ago in the 10th grade. Once I hit level 55 I think I can finally ease off the addiction- but man, the devs really made an addicting game here.

I would say as addictive as quake 3, as i never got hardcore into CS.

But yeah, i havent played ANY FPS as much as i have COD4 since way back in the day. Game truly shines online.

I never thought id be playing this type of game online on a console either. But it just plays so good.

Since I got the game prob 5 days ago now. I have played 10 hrs and am at rank 27. It is a very fun game.

i just bought the game also , its pretty sweet and fuckin fast. I'm playing on servers with 8-10 people right now , but not in hardcore mode so i can learn maps.

Its a very well coded game and run flawlessly on my rig!

I used to ONLY play CS and now this game has replaced it so yeah.....pretty damn good game.

i wished they made it a little harder to reach rank 55. it's too easy to get to it within a week of hardcore playing.

Hardcore mode is probably the easiest/most random mode. It promotes random spraying since it only takes like 2 shots to kill with just about any gun.

I don't know what it is. I hear everyone raving about how awesome Call of Duty 4 multiplayer is. I've played it a lot (1 star general) but, I just can't get into it. I've tried. I want to like it but, I just don't. I can play it for maybe an hour max and by then I'm tired of it. For me Team Fortress 2 has been the most addicting and intoxicating game I've played since CS 1.4.
Not trying to be a party pooper or anything here. I get kinda bummed that I purchased this game and can't get into the MP that everyone loves. :(

I don't know what it is. I hear everyone raving about how awesome Call of Duty 4 multiplayer is. I've played it a lot (1 star general) but, I just can't get into it. I've tried. I want to like it but, I just don't. I can play it for maybe an hour max and by then I'm tired of it. For me Team Fortress 2 has been the most addicting and intoxicating game I've played since CS 1.4.
Not trying to be a party pooper or anything here. I get kinda bummed that I purchased this game and can't get into the MP that everyone loves. :(

I honestly feel like after I complete all the challenges, I won't ever play it again.

I can't play it for more than a half hour at a time :(

I haven't played it in over a month. There is utterly no depth to the gameplay in it, you just run around shooting people all damn day. The guns are not unique or distinguished from one another, there are only a few select perks that are worth using, and once you get all of the unlocks, there isn't even that masochistic MMORPG motivation to play it for the sole purpose of achieving meaningless accomplishments in a virtual medium.

TF2 is a vastly superior game, but unfortunately people like that nitty-gritty realistic shooter shit mixed with the deathmatch rigamaroll from Quake and Unreal more than team-based, objective oriented and most of all, FUN gameplay.

I think i did it the right way, I got tf2 during beta testing, and just picked up a used COD4 for 20 bucks, if i get tired of either, I can just switch, as they are 2 diffrent styles a game
but i love them both

I'm with you. I play it on the 360 and, like you, always say one more round!

Yea, I'm addicted, and I'm housesitting for my parents this week and I had to leave the 360 at home. I find myself going to my place between school and work, fragging a few rounds, then heading to work. It's that bad

No doubt about it, I'm happily hooked on COD4. Every other FPS bores me, now.

Cod was very addictive at first but I can't sit through more than a couple maps at a time now. Also, hardcore mode everyone camps. I rather take the rambo style spray and pray of softcore over tent city aka hardcore. Both are annoying, it's just that one is less annoying than the other.

CoD4's the good, basic FPS adrenaline rush.

Beyond that, it's trumped by TF2 (in my book).

CoD4 has quickly replaced my CS:S, but I can't convince my gaming buddies to buy it. Most of them are on older rigs though.

QFT, I can't not think about COD4 when I have free time LOL (I admit, it's a problem :p ).

I can play way too many headquarter matches to count before Its like 1 in the morning ;)

Oh yea, and I still have yet to touch single player so far hehe

QFT, I can't not think about COD4 when I have free time LOL (I admit, it's a problem :p ).

I can play way too many headquarter matches to count before Its like 1 in the morning ;)

Oh yea, and I still have yet to touch single player so far hehe

i played single player first and was afraid MP would be like HALO so put it off. but then i tried it and was addicted.

I've ended the campaign 3 times now, and I loved it each time. COD4 is an amazing game. I've maybe put 2 hours into multiplayer, and really not interested in playing again... I owned everyone, but I wasn't having much fun.. I really really need another quake paced fps online game to play again... I want my fast movement, twitch skill, gory futuristic shooter that doesn't have any US army or nazi/terrorist/chinese/innocent details... A game like ra3 where my skills are actually challenged? :(

sorry to get all sour :p

Definitely a great game. I'm about as addicted as you. Time flies! Some of the best multiplayer I've seen in a while. Deagle kind of sucks IMO. There is no restriction on how fast you can fire the pistol and m9 has super low recoil. m9 FTW!

It's replaced CS which I've played since 1999.

I actually run 2 COD 4 servers. One is S & D and the other is HQ/TDM.

http://theaow.com has more information including the ip addresses.

I demand more maps, and more friends to play it with.

It's the only first person shooter I've played this much since pre-source CS waaaaaay back in the day.

The only MP game to ever get me away from counterstrike (source) was fear MP, god damn that shit was addicting and fast paced, but it lost some of its appeal when my x1950pro decided that it wasn't going to play ball, and servers started to go down hill.

Have to agree with you about the F.E.A.R. multi. Was fun playing on the fastest speed setting for the map, I loved running around fly kicking and slide kicking people :D

But since that game has died down, cod4 has really got me hooked as well, so for those who have gone through the phase of "I'll just play one more game... before I go to bed... oh hell.. I'll play another!", I share your sentiments :D

When playing COD4 I usually choose search and destroy, but I can see how the game might lose appeal.

I still enjoy the game though..

(100th)

I love this game.

The only gripes i have about this game are that some weapons (mp5, p90, maybe m4) are way too good. Oh, and "hardcore" mode is full of the most un-hardcore people ("aka" campers).

Other than that the game is amazing.

Back