CoD4 Montage

Maybe it's me, but this video doesn't strike me as spectacular as some old school demos from Q3A or UT99. Modern shooters requires a more narrow set of skills compare to those classics in which you had to deal with more than just hit scan weapons. There was just a higher ceiling for individual skills back then as you could literally dodge bullets and control a whole map by yourself.

Thanks to Epic and iD for ruining their sequels.

you know I see these threads all the time, and I always click them, and I always give the same response. I suppose that makes me incredibly childish, but I'm sorry that movie isn't anywhere near as good as so many others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB5R9tmFsto
if you're eagle eye'd you'll notice that the same people making these kills are getting killed themselves from time to time, and this isnt random pub play either, these were 5v5 tournaments, with upwards of $20,000 riding on them.

www.own-age.com for the worlds biggest collection of demos.

well if you made this video not to shabby. Nothing spectacular but you did have some nice shots mixed in there among the different clips. If you pull off a lot of those you could hand it to me lol
And I will disagree... it is a great game :)

Maybe it's me, but this video doesn't strike me as spectacular as some old school demos from Q3A or UT99. Modern shooters requires a more narrow set of skills compare to those classics in which you had to deal with more than just hit scan weapons. There was just a higher ceiling for individual skills back then as you could literally dodge bullets and control a whole map by yourself.

agreed. these come nowhere near the beauty of quake 3 videos/demos where realtime awareness, planning, prediction and tactics were just as important as pure aiming skill.

this particular video is nothing special. it just showed the player getting aim before the opponent.

Back